Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jean Slater (Gillian Wright)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jean Slater

I read on another website that, according to the TV Times, EE are planning to bring back Jean Slater in the summer.

I think this might mean that Stacey's brother might make an appearance too. I think EE need to be carefull with this though, as Stacey is in danger of being overused. Still it could be interesting. I really hope it is the same actress who played Jean last time as she was really good.

I read that on DS too. I put it on the Stacey/Bradley thread though because I thought if it had a source it didn't need to be in the rumour mill, just a thought.

Anyhow I am really glad Jean is coming back, and possibly Sean (did hear he was back in the autumn, I think that was DS again). The storyline with her and Stacey was fabulous, really emotional. In my opinion Stacey couldn't be overused, she is a fantastic character, and I wouldn't mind if she was in every episode. And Bradley of course!

I think the hospital would only let Jean out if she had somebody she could go to. We saw that none of her neighbours or 'friends' were very helpful to her, and she would definetely want to be with Stacey so Charlie is the obvious choice.
    Last edited by littlemo; 18-03-2006 at 00:28.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    she would definetely want to be with Stacey so Charlie is the obvious choice.
    I don't understand how Jean Slater is related to Charlie
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Quote Originally Posted by megan999
    I don't understand how Jean Slater is related to Charlie
    I'm not quite sure either! Characters do tend to have long lost relatives that spring up from nowhere. We didn't hear about Stacey until she arrived. I've heard that Stacey is Charlie's great niece, so seeing as Jean is her mum she must be some kind of sister-in-law I would think. Wouldn't Stacey be Charlie's siblings granchild? It can't be Harry because he didn't have kids (apart from Zoe). Has he mentioned any other brothers and sisters?

Going by the BBC family tree: Stacey's father Brian Slater is the son of Charlie's (and Harry's) sister Violet. Violet didn't marry Brian's father, hence why he (and Stacey) have the Slater surname.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    Going by the BBC family tree: Stacey's father Brian Slater is the son of Charlie's (and Harry's) sister Violet. Violet didn't marry Brian's father, hence why he (and Stacey) have the Slater surname.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder what Violet is doing now? is she alive? I can't remember her being mentioned. She should be involved in this Jean storyline shouldn't she?! Maybe her and Jean don't get on, and Jean's depression has something to do with her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    I read that on DS too. I put it on the Stacey/Bradley thread though because I thought if it had a source it didn't need to be in the rumour mill, just a thought.
    Good thinking, littlemo. Maybe this thread should be closed then?

Violet is dead. On the night when Zoe discovered that Kat was her mother, Kat said something like 'The next time I saw him I was 18, hw came back for aunt Vi's funeral', which would mean that Violet died in 1988.

Vi would be Stacey's paternal grandmother. I'd like to see Stacey's grandparents from Jean's side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    Vi would be Stacey's paternal grandmother. I'd like to see Stacey's grandparents from Jean's side as well.
    Violet would have been Stacey's great aunt, not her grandmother.

Thread Information