Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liz to be new landlady

Cool Liz to be new landlady

From today's Daily Mirror

CORRIE star Bev Callard told yesterday how she found out she was to be the Rovers new landlady - from the Daily Mirror.

The 47-year-old actress, who plays favourite Liz McDonald, didn't know she was being given the plum job until we broke the story last week.

She said: "It's such an honour - but it's still sinking in. I only got told I was going to be the next landlady on Friday.

"We were rehearsing when someone from the press office rang to say the Mirror had found out Liz was taking over.

"I said, 'Oh', and she was like, 'Oh, sorry, didn't you know?' I didn't have a clue."

But Bev can't wait to get behind Weatherfield's famous bar. She said: "I'm sure Liz will want to redecorate - Bet Lynch has already done the leopard skin so she'll go for Lycra curtains."

In real life, Bev runs a pub in Eccles, Manchester, with boyfriend Jon McEwan, 40. She added: "It's really quite scary being a landlady off screen and on."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I think that's great! She's a long time character who deserves this break. I think she'll make an excellent landlady! She has a great personality, and she's someone everyone likes.

I dont understand why it would be Liz to take over when Shelley leaves

i know maybe cause thye know that she has worked behind a pub and she knows her way around the pub.
    I thought she manager to the weatherfield pub???

She lost that job i think that is why she is never doing anything wasn't Vernon meant to have a market stall that she was running but i think they forgot all about that.

Obviously when Shelly left the natural thing would be for Bev to run the pub so i am guessing that she has left by then.
    Seems silly they are fighting over who is land lady now then they have no one

I think Liz would be good, and I hope Jim returns !

Why should she take over when shelly leaves as its fred`s pub and he is getting married so surely they will run the pub.

well arent bev and fred both leaving so i presume that liz (if its true) will run the pub when they leave - perhaps as she is an old friend of freds and best friends with bev they will leave her in charge of the pub after they leave instead of fred selling up

Liz has previous experience of running T'Rovers along with Big Jim McDonald so they did
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Liz and Raquel used to be a great partnership in the Rovers.

Thread Information