Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deaf people

Lol

Some peeps spelt Death when they meant to spell Deaf, lol

I am not deaf and don't know anything in sign language. They had a page on it in the student organisers last year, and I can't remember one letter in it. I admire those that are deaf for the way they cope with having to use it.

I can't sign proper words or anything, but I can however spell my name with it, and a few other words ( I don't remember all the letters lol ) I'd love to learn to sign though.

Amazing

Recently, I got an award of Adult of Achievement just coz of my deafness. My college put my name down for it as I was the only fulltime deaf student and thought that I was amazing for coping in the college with all these hearing peeps around me but I don't get it! After all, I am used to cope in 'Hearing World' and have to cope with it and there are a lot of peeps worse off than me but they don't get an award and I do just coz Im deaf so I think that is amazing well my college are not really awared of Deaf Awareness but they are starting to... I find it funny if hearing peeps admire or woship deaf peeps...no offence people

I finished my deaf awareness course today. It was 20 weeks long and by god it opened my eyes. Although the course was only and introductory level, the course was very intense and it really gives you an insight into how those of us with all five senses working do take things for granted.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Tell us

Tell us all what you have learnt? GOod on u taking deaf awareness course

Quote Originally Posted by Becksfanz
    Tell us all what you have learnt? GOod on u taking deaf awareness course
    Oh god right over the 20 weeks I feel as I have learnt a lot although its only an introductory leve. We had to do four assessments. The first three assessments were videoed where we had to have a conversation. As this had to be sent away for external verification that we had passed the assessments

1st Assessment: About our work, family, pets, where we live and how we travel to work.

2nd Assessment: We had to act out a scene where we were buying a train ticket. We had to be able to sign where we wanted to go, the time and how much the price would be.

3rd Assessment: This was similar to the 2nd assessment except this involved being in a cafe ordering food and drink.

4th Assessment: We had to watch a video where the deaf tutor was signing three different scenirios on her family, a night out and her work. She signed questions to us and we had to write down the answers

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i reckon im going to go deaf sooner than later I hear ringing all the time and the loudness of my speakers when I listen to them is unreal and I alot of things people say never go's in...talking to me is a nightmare because im always like what? what? honestly people think im having a laugh so yeah i think my hearing will go one day.

Thread Information