Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Barlow Baldwin (Sam Robertson)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Fortuantely Corrie have many EXCELLENT actors left in the cast.
    Now that's a matter of opinion!
    Well apparently 10.8 million think its excellent. Dont take my word for it. Ask BARB
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Well apparently 10.8 million think its excellent. Dont take my word for it. Ask BARB
    10.8 million aren't putting kids to bed at that time of day then :P

10.8 million aren't putting kids to bed at that time of day then :P
    No. They put them to bed after they have watched their favourite soap which is on after Corrie. The name eludes me at present
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Aww bless ya Alan, i know you love it really, i know your a little teddy bear really!

Quote Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
    Finally Adam was only good for one storyline and that was Mikes death which was brilliant.
    I thought he was awful in that as well. I remember when he found out his dad had died in the following episode. His facial expressions were non-existent, a couldn't care less attitude. He is painful to watch, but mercifully his ties with the street like the factory have slowly been cut, and his appearances less frequent. If he doesn't go now, it's only a matter of time.

Well he dont do a lot of acting in corrie does he.

Sam Robertson has said that he would like to return to Coronation Street.

The Beaver Falls star originally joined the soap in 2004 as Adam Barlow, the grandson of Ken Barlow.

However, he stated that he "wasn't a very good actor" during his days on the ITV1 drama, which he left in 2007.

"I wasn't a very good actor back then. It's as simple as that," he told the Daily Star.

"I was getting recognised all the time and getting all this attention but I didn't think I had earned it. I knew I was doing a pretty s**t job and I was too scared to learn on the job.

"I was in it for two and a half years and I did definitely improve because I had never acted before in my life. But it was some of the worst Corrie acting, to be fair."

He continued: "I was with two of the show's biggest stars and I had never read a script in my life before. I was a rabbit in the headlights.

"Now I look back and see the amazing opportunity but at the time I just couldn't cope with it."

Robertson added that he would like a comeback on the soap to show that his acting has improved.

"It's not a job you can dip your toes in. It really does take over your life. It's a life choice at the end of the day.

"A part of me wants to go back just for a few episodes just to show I can actually act. Beaver Falls has definitely helped as the response I've been getting from people has been amazing."

Beaver Falls series two starts on Monday (August 6) at 10pm on E4.

Sam Robertson has said that he would like to return to Coronation Street.

The Beaver Falls star originally joined the soap in 2004 as Adam Barlow, the grandson of Ken Barlow.

However, he stated that he "wasn't a very good actor" during his days on the ITV1 drama, which he left in 2007.

"I wasn't a very good actor back then. It's as simple as that," he told the Daily Star.

"I was getting recognised all the time and getting all this attention but I didn't think I had earned it. I knew I was doing a pretty s**t job and I was too scared to learn on the job.

"I was in it for two and a half years and I did definitely improve because I had never acted before in my life. But it was some of the worst Corrie acting, to be fair."

He continued: "I was with two of the show's biggest stars and I had never read a script in my life before. I was a rabbit in the headlights.

"Now I look back and see the amazing opportunity but at the time I just couldn't cope with it."

Robertson added that he would like a comeback on the soap to show that his acting has improved.

"It's not a job you can dip your toes in. It really does take over your life. It's a life choice at the end of the day.

"A part of me wants to go back just for a few episodes just to show I can actually act. Beaver Falls has definitely helped as the response I've been getting from people has been amazing."

Beaver Falls series two starts on Monday (August 6) at 10pm on E4.

Gosh, I've only just realised it's him! I doubt they'd bring him back in, although I have totally forgotten how they wrote him out...
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Kate Oates revealed her excitement at bringing the Barlow dynasty back to the heart of the show with, first, the return of Peter Barlow and soon the arrival of Adam Barlow and Daniel Osbourne.

Kate told What’s on TV it was a no-brainer to bring back Peter (Chris Gascoyne).

“Chris has such a love for the show I think there was always the hope that he would come back,” she said. “I think it was good mutual timing thing really. I think he lights up the screen, he’s so charismatic, he’s such a fantastic actor, he’s so deeply dedicated to what he does, he thinks about every word and every nuance, he loves the craft of it.

“So having Chris back is great not just for the viewers, but for the people behind the scenes. Everyone loves him, so I think that when Peter is here you have a more whole Coronation Street.”

Kate said expanding the Barlow presence in Corrie was a logical step. “There was no bringing back or creating new characters, you know, long-lost siblings. These characters already existed. You’ve got Mike Baldwin’s grandson and Ken’s son. Historically Mike and Ken were always at loggerheads, so the idea of having their two offspring arrive at the same time and having that dynamic between them was just too good to pass, so I’m really excited to have that nice, strong Barlow core at the centre of the show.”

Kate has been in the job at Corrie for six months and before that was series producer at Emmerdale for three years. She said Corrie and Emmerdale share more than they differ.

“There is a different element because you’re dealing with cast who’ve been here [at Corrie] such a long time and because they’ve been through such change and so many producers. When you sit and talk to some of the actors who have been here since the beginning, the stories and the anecdotes, you could just stay chatting to them for days on end and not get bored. It’s fascinating stuff.”

She continued: “You do get a sense of the history and the icons as you work on a show like this. It’s important not to dwell on it too much because you’d probably be so terrified of doing anything that you wouldn’t get out of bed! But it is a privilege.”

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/coronatio...w-core-423745/

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-10-2016), lizann (21-10-2016)

Thread Information