Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Royle Family to make a comeback

I actually thought it was better at the beginning, because it was funny. I expected more from the episode I guess. All the same it was still good.

How funny was Jim and Nana doing the congo with the walking aide It was good to see the royle family return last night with a mixture of both laughter and tears. bye bye Nana xxx

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

it was brillant and got something like 7.8 million viewers acording to the evening news. It was really funny but then awfully sad when we had to say bye to nana. There were some cracking quotes.

Barbara and denise

"Did you have a nice tea"
    "yeah"
    "what did you have"
    "well i made david turkey twizzlers and chips"
    "aww thats nice"

Silence

"what did big dave have for his tea"
    "turkey twizzlers and chips"

I thought the scene between barbara and nana was so nice when they were singing and she said i hope im not a burden bar. I was nearly crying at that part it was really well acted as well. The babys name as well, what was she called Norma, something tallulah, porsce Best.

Anyone know if this is going to be repeated .. and when ....Would love to see it again, absolutely brilliant !!!!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I just bawled,,,what a touching scene between Barbara and Nana ( reminds me of my mom who is 85 and I had the hardest time leaving her this past Sept ) and had to admit Denise did well in this episode,,I am so glad they brought the baby out for Nana to see,, "I have been waiting to see you little one " and naming the baby Norma, just got me in tears,,
    Jim and Nana doing the conga was a hoot,, wasn't the music Johnny Cash ???
    Little Dave oh dear what a kid,, a spittin image of Big Dave..

Ok can some one tell me how Cheryl is related to the Royle family??? Since I only watched some of the episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi

Ok can some one tell me how Cheryl is related to the Royle family??? Since I only watched some of the episodes...
    she lives next door, they are not related at all
    Super Mod

what an amazing episode, truely a superb comedy - you can stick Only Fools And Horses, this has to be the nations best loved sit com.

I dont know whats sadder, nana dying or saying goodbye to the royale family one more time

I really enjoyed it but must admit there were some bad parts. Especially didn't like the bit with Jim going on about the batteries for the remote. How OTT was that scene.

Although saying that, most of it was still great. Nana - 'He's a pakistani... but he's very open about it' And then there was her hair extensions lmfao! It was really sad when she died though They made it so emotional I thought especially with the scenes with her and Barbara singing, it was really well done. Also when they were all stood round her bedside at the hospital. And then when Jim placed the ashes on top of the tv, aww. Nana was definitely the highlight of the episode.

Couldn't believe how much Anthony's character had changed, was really shocked. The way he'd gone from a layabout to a businessman! lol

Overall a really good episode and i'm glad it got good ratings. I enjoyed the behind the scenes program afterwards too. It'd be nice to see another series but if they don't make one then I still think it was a good episode to end the show on.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    I really enjoyed it but must admit there were some bad parts. Especially didn't like the bit with Jim going on about the batteries for the remote. How OTT was that scene.
    yeah i get what you mean, i was sitting back going ok then...but it was good last night. id rather watch one episode like that than a series...bye nana x

Yeah Ant ney, really has changed, i liked the scene of the two kids performing.

Thread Information