Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand National?

Me my parents and my brother had a little £1 bet between ourselves i went for Turko (anyone know how that did?) my brother ended up winning it he had comply or die

Sig dedicated to Charley

we did our house thing again.. thought I was on a winner as I got Cloudy lane but my sister won in the end.. this is a complete 1st for my sister.. her horse normally fall on first fence or get shot after
    Super Mod

McKelvey has died as a result of injuries recieved in this year's grand national. It's just been on the One Show but I can't find it on bbc news.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    McKelvey has died as a result of injuries recieved in this year's grand national. It's just been on the One Show but I can't find it on bbc news.
    Poor beast. I didn't realise he got injured on Saturday.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    He was put down immediately after the race.

The jockey was unseated at the 20th fence, the horse carried on and fell by itself at the 21st fence, and was taken back to the stables in the trailer.

It was announced immediately after the race. An RSPCA vet was in attendance.
    Last edited by Jojo; 07-04-2008 at 22:52.

I know he had an injury above his eye as one of the commentators metioned it before the race when the horse was getting groomed before. If he was injured then he should never have raced that is just plain cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post

The jockey was unseated at the 20th fence, the horse carried on and fell by itself at the 21st fence, and was taken back to the stables in the trailer.

That is exactly why I am against this race, it is the hardest of all races and leads to needless deaths of horses every year, all in the name of SPORT

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post

That is exactly why I am against this race, it is the hardest of all races and leads to needless deaths of horses every year, all in the name of SPORT
    I'd be more looking at greyhound racing and the way they are treated to be honest - the greyhound reaches retirement so what do we do with it - some are rehomed now, but the majority - put down as they have served their purpose. Have you ridden a horse? Have you tried to make a horse do something it doesn't want to do? Have you seen the conditions horses are kept in? Are you vegetarian?

The horse carried on the race on its own.

The equivalent of 1 horse per Grand National per year has sadly died since 1997. Far too many still, yes - but far more die during the year during the normal racing calendar. These seem to be forgotten about by most people.
    Last edited by Jojo; 08-04-2008 at 13:08.

It's Grand National Day Saturday 4 April. Anyone having a bet, we are having a sweep tomorrow.

I won't because I do not agree with horse racing, especially the Grand National, I believe it is cruel to the horses. I appreciate that for a lot of people it is a yearly event where they enjoy a bit of a flutter.

Thread Information