Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand National?

I know that a lot of people disagree with me but I can't stand the thought of the Grand National, the horses are being forced to run at a pace they would only do in the wild, if they were in danger of their lives, and then they don't have several stones in weight on top of them, whacking them with whips. I never watch it and don't bet on it either.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I'll not argue with anyone on it, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but, having owned horses for many years - you cannot make a horse do what it doesn't want to do. I've done hunter trialing and when my horse has decided he's had enough - he turns round and he won't do nowt more than go home.

Racing is a lot better now than it used to be, the National fences have been changed an awful lot over the years and the number of runners in the National have been reduced (which was a lot of the losses were caused by). When you see a horse refuse, or run out at a fence - its had enough.

I'm not saying I'm right - I'm saying its my opinion x
    Last edited by Jojo; 05-04-2008 at 09:50.

My mum put bets on this morning - I don't really know how the whole thing works, but I went with Simon because I like the name and ppicked it at random anyway as well...
    Last edited by DaVeyWaVey; 05-04-2008 at 12:56.

I never watch it or get involved, I just dont understand that kinda stuff.
    I think my parents do bets at their work with it

i went for Simon as well, i thought it was a good race this year, the photography is mucg better now as well. Well done to timmy Murphy.

Woo Comply or Die won! Although I don't know how much I won because my mum forgot how much she bet
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Where did Cloudy Lane come? It was tipped to win this morning.
    Thanks CrazyLea

My mum ended up screaming at the telly because that King's one came 2nd and she ended up spilling her tea all over her lap! She won £10 altogether I think...

It was pretty fun watching it. I'm not sure where Cloudy Lane came.

Cloudy lane came 6th,
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I have allways had a bet on the National even as a child we got to pick a horse and its become tradition in our house over the years. Although I do agree it is cruel on the horses and I hate to see any of them fall but it's such a great race especialy when a no-hoper soars past the favourite.

Marley has a bet but she doesn't like to watch the race as she hates to see the horses hurt. I had 3rd and 4th place so I will probably get tuppence back from the bookies.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information