Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Returning!

Lisa Returning!

The Sunday Mirror reports that Lucy Benjamin (Lisa Fowler) is being approached to return Eastenders.

Altough there has bene no official confirmatiuon, Lucy has told some of her friends that she is going to return.

Lisa will return peniless to the square, her ex lover phil mitchell promises to bail her out, on condition that she stays in walford.

I loved lisa and lucy, and i would love to see her back...on the exception that we dont get the usual tug of war over Lou and alcholism and gun totting revenge. I hope she returns as it will strengethn the Mitchell clan even more!

This won't work. I do like her, but she's already served her purpose.
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 02-04-2006 at 15:36.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

yey! i loved lisa shes a great addition to the show cant wait until shes back!

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    This won't work. I do like her, but she's already served her purpose.
    i can see where your coming from, its very likely we will see the same as usual with the fight over lou

but then again if she comes back of her own accrod maybe shes prepared to let phil see his daughter and sponge off him. She may realise the only way to survive is to get money off Phil and that she has to sacrifice her daughter. I think Lisa will get with Phil but will call the shots. Phil has so many failed marriages behind him and hes getting old..with Grant playing happy families in Brazil, and with Carla back soon he'll want to settle down and i can see him deciding to spend the rest of his life with lisa given time.

As a means of narrative it gives Phil some family life, as oppose to him just going around Walford starting vendettas and upsetting people... and with 2 of his children back and a potential girlfriend/wife it will strengthen the Mitchell clan for after Grant leaves again.

I will reserve judgement until i see what Enders has to show for her return. It could go either way.

Here is The Article:

ENDERS LUCY
    2 April 2006
    Newly-wed set for soap return
    COULD life get any sweeter for ex East - Ender star Lucy Benjamin?

The blonde actress, 35, who married oil trader Richard Taggart at a fairytale wedding earlier this week, has turned over a new leaf, following her drug shame. And I hear Lucy - who played downtrodden Lisa Fowler in the BBC1 soap - is in secret talks to return back to Albert Square.

Bosses are keen to bring back Lucy who was last seen trying to run off with Phil Mitchell's baby, Louise.

My spy tells me: "Nothing has been signed on the dotted line yet, so Lucy's only told a few pals as she doesn't want it jinxed."

Although officially East-Enders deny a return, Radar can reveal that she'll return penniless to the Square. Her ex-lover Phil Mitchell promises to bail her out - on condition she stays in Walford for good.

Lucy's real life fell apart when her real-life affair with co-star Steve McFadden ended. Lucy admitted snorting cocaine off her dining room table through £20 notes. She tumbled again when her affair with teenage acrobat Bobby Hanton ended because he didn't want to marry her.

But Luce turned things around and wed Taggart in a £20,000 ceremony at Babington House, Somerset.

But she still had that working class London influence - the band was Chas and Dave.
    Last edited by Bryan; 02-04-2006 at 15:58.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I don't think I like this - down trodden lisa, fight over lou, wheres she going to stay....reserving judgment I think....could be good, but could be terrible.

Hope it's untrue,couldnt stand her,mainly because of her hair and whiney voice i must admit.
    Last edited by chance; 02-04-2006 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by chance
    Hope it's untrue,couldnt stand her,mainly because of her hair and whiney voice i must admit.
    i loved her, she reminds me a lot of Angie Watts, strong and confident, but when paired with the wrong man could be reduced to a snivelling alcholic

anyone notice that Eastenders was in its prime in the early 2000s when Phil and Lisa were ripe (the JR and sue Ellen style couple) and when Lisa left at teh end of 2003 the show went down the pan...

bring her back and the results could be explosive!

Oh dear, a very annoying character. I hope she never returns.
    Last edited by Richie_lecturer; 02-04-2006 at 17:28.

A strong character, what, were we watching the same programme Bry?
    Nope i certainly am one for her not to come back.

Thread Information