Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy quits!

Amy quits!

Coronation Street child actress Madison Hampson is leaving her role because her parents think it is too stressful.

They say the two-year-old, who plays Tracy Barlow's daughter Amy, has been overworked and is getting upset.

A spokesman told The Daily Mirror:"It was felt that Madison was perhaps doing too much and was becoming slightly restless and not enjoying things as she did when she first started.

"The decision to replace her was made with the full co-operation of her parents who were also concerned at her not enjoying things."

Producers had hoped Hampson could stay in the role, but she will now be replaced by Amber Chadwick, also aged two. The spokesman commented: "When Amy was a real baby we used several tots to play her part but as she is getting older we wanted a bit more continuation."

i can't remember when it was but there was an episode and ken was holding amy and she was really upset. she was meant to be crying, but the poor child was really bad. it's like she'd being crying for ages.

yeh. At least theyve realised that there is a problem before its got too much

did anyone see that thing on Harry Hill's TV Burp about how she should have been in eastenders because she always looked miserable? hilarious!

Has the new one started already only because the girl that Tracey was holding the other day looked new and she looked alot older.

I thought that as well,she had her hair up and looked much older then two didnt she?

Much older, to be honest I though she looked at least 4.

they are doing the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by dddMac1
    they are doing the right thing
    I agree.. must be tiring on the child doing all that filming and not known who she is going to be with
    Super Mod

I think they are doing the right thing because it's not fair putting a young child under stress.
    Thanks to Abi for my fab avatar!

Thread Information