Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike's dying wish

Mike's dying wish

Mike Baldwin: I’ll be back
    We were devastated to discover that Mike Baldwin is set to die in arch rival Ken Barlow’s arms next month. But every cloud has a silver lining, and we’re pleased to report that the flash factory boss is set to make a triumphant return – as a ghost!

Corrie bosses are expecting ratings to soar when the death scene is screened and they want to keep up their figures. So bringing back the cashmere-sweatered businessman from beyond the grave will add an extra dimension to the storyline of his long-running feud with Ken – triggered when Mike had an affair with Ken’s wife Deirdre more than 20 years ago. And Mike’s chilling last words to Ken will be: “I’m going to get Deirdre back off you.”

“Johnny’s contract doesn’t end till October,” a Street source told the Daily Star on Sunday. “The scriptwriters were fully aware of this when they wrote the death scenes. They came up with the idea that the feud between Baldwin and Barlow could continue even after one of them had died. It's a nice touch that he says he will win Deirdre back!"

Meanwhile, Johnny Briggs has revealed that quitting Coronation Street was the hardest decision he’s ever had to make. The star has told how he made his monumental decision on the flip of a coin. “I was sitting there and I thought: ‘Heads I’m going, tails, I stay.’ I threw it and it was heads, so that was that.”

From Wanadoo

A ghost?? I thinkthis sounds pants! All that work on a fab storyline then they make him a ghost!

that sounds like a really good storyline. I wonder if he does get her back?

aww i wish he died in danny arms it would of been better more poignant
    angelblue

i think this sounds silly they should just give him a good build up to his death and leave it there.

this does sound rather daft. maybe it's a symptom of Ken going crazy after living with all those barmy women for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo
    this does sound rather daft. maybe it's a symptom of Ken going crazy after living with all those barmy women for so long!
    Yeah that would be good! lol. Although I don't think they can have two people go crazy in that amount of time, that would just be mad! lol.

im looking forward to this storyline, it should be great!
    ;) Loving eastenders forever!!! ;) ;)

that does sound werid so does that mean that Ken and Derdie will divorce again lol

i hope they dont bring him back as a ghost think of how dens return in eastenders was after a while and that was in person not as a ghost once someone is dead they are dead do they have to bring him back?

Ghosts I don't mind, they disappear but Den was back in the flesh hehe

You don't kill a ghost you put whats bugging them to rest and they go, so hopefully its dealt with in a good way.

Thread Information