Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of night nappies

Quote Originally Posted by no1abbafan
    I would stick with it if I were you, I know it's not easy. I found with my daughter she tended to be dry all night but was wetting as morning came on. If you could get him up around 5ish or that if he is still dry then, he might get into the habit of it. I know it's not easy but don't go back to nappies now, you will only confuse him. I personally wouldn't go the route of pullup pants, they end up using them as a nappy.
    connor wore pull up pants insteaqd of nappies as they fit him better, hes refusing to wear them now. i didint use them for potty training and i wont use them for night training either, they are nappies and to me dont teach them a thing

connor gets up in the morning and will do a wee on his potty, so he is definately weeing in the middle of the night.

Im just about to start traiing sj and for the life of me i couldnt think where to begin,seems such a long time ago i did it with jay..i bought some pull ups - mainly because they had buzz lightyear on but i coukldnt remember if i bought em for j but it suddenly came to me last night that i just bought normal pants and did it like that.those pullups kind of defeat the object dont they,so goin to go and buy him some norm pants tomorrow and finallystart my big task ahead.Why cant we just wait until they are at leat 5 then say 'right now go on the toilet'lol

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I've been really lucky with Ci - took him out out of "night time" pants and put him in normal pants just over a week ago. The first two nights he had an accident, but ever since then he's stayed dry. Hes having a drink still before bedtime too and sleeps 12 hrs every night.....I've been really lucky at how well hes doing. I'm fully expecting some more accidents along the way, but so far *touches wood* so good. Hopefully Con will get the hang of it fairly quickly especially if he doesn't want to wear nappies at night anymore.......

when i got my daughter out of night nappies i gave her a last drink took her for a wee then before i went to bed i took her potty to her bedroom and lifted her and it worked for me

last night was brillaint, connor went to bed, had a few wees before actually falling asleep and then woke this morning no damp patches on pants, no damp patch in bed! no wee wee at all! he got a big cheer from daddy and me, im hopong it wasnt just a one off and it will be every night.

Quote Originally Posted by debs
    last night was brillaint, connor went to bed, had a few wees before actually falling asleep and then woke this morning no damp patches on pants, no damp patch in bed! no wee wee at all! he got a big cheer from daddy and me, im hopong it wasnt just a one off and it will be every night.
    I know it might sound silly but buy him something nice to say he did a good job and eventually you can stop buying him something at which stage he will have gotten into the habit. I did it with Charley and she was potty trained very very quickly
    Super Mod

with my 3 i used to wake them before i whent to bed and i would give them a drink bout an hour before they would go to bed that seemed to work

I put sj in his new pants and keep taking him to the toilet but we've had several accidents already so im going to leave it for today until he gradually gets the idea,try again tomorrow as im running out of trousers today..

niamh is 2 on sunday so i think i am going to wait until the warmer weather comes then hopfully it will be easier, thats what i did with niall and it seemed to work, i am really not looking forward to it!! i have been told that its easier to train girls than boys but not sure the truth in that...........................we will find out!!!!!!

Debs how is Con doing now? hoping that he is lovely and dry over night - we are going to start training S over the summer - although will just be day at the minute (she isnt quite 2) - would be nice not to have 2 in nappies...........

Thread Information