View Poll Results: Who do you think Tom should be with?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Izzie

16 76.19%
  • Lorna

5 23.81%
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Thread: Waterloo Road

Yes, Jodi, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday, good news

gppd about time to! i have missed it! cant wait to see how it ends, hopefully its not off air for too long in between series

I think having this break has spoiled it a bit, kinda lost momentum but still looking forward to watching it again.

^ yeah I agree, I mean I'll still watch it, but the break has spoiled it for me

Eva Pope has revealed details of her forthcoming exit from BBC drama Waterloo Road.

The actress told What's On TV that she is pleased with the storyline that sees her character Rachel Mason leave the show.

“I didn’t have much of a say in it, but I do think she deserved a nice, fun exit considering the amount of trauma she’s been through over the years,” she said.

In the forthcoming series, Mason will quit her position as headteacher at Waterloo Road Comprehensive and marry chef Adam Fleet (Steven Waddington).

“It’s been scary for Rachel and it took a strong person to make her even consider getting married.

“[She's] an extremely strong woman and it takes a lot for someone to be able to be her equal. It takes someone of equal strength to get inside her life because she doesn’t like to let anyone get too close. Adam sees that and opens up her vulnerability."

Pope admitted that she will miss playing the role.

“I loved the character and she has had so much support from fans of the show that I feel like I might have let them down by going. But it’s always good to move on. I’ve never stayed on anything as long as this - three years for me is unheard of.”

Amanda Burton will replace Pope on the show, playing new headteacher Karen Fisher.

The new series of Waterloo Road will air on BBC One later in the year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (12-07-2010)

I'm gonna miss Rachel Still, Amanda Burton should be a good replacement.

Back on Wednesday and Thursday btw! at last!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Eva Pope has reportedly confessed that she grew "frustrated" over her Waterloo Road character during her final months with the show.

The actress's alter ego Rachel Mason will make her final appearance in the BBC drama when the current series concludes tomorrow night.

Speaking to We Love Telly about her decision to quit the programme, Pope explained: "My three-year contract was up and it felt like the potential Rachel had as a character was not being utilised. She was becoming this slightly two-dimensional being who wasn't allowed any faults or feelings.

"I thought there was a lot more to her that wasn't being seen and eventually it was really frustrating to play. The role wasn't a challenge anymore."

Asked whether she misses the part, Pope replied: "It's the people you miss. I had the best time ever with the cast and crew and I will miss them. We had a big party when I left - we felt the effects for some time afterwards!"

Karen Fisher - a new character played by Amanda Burton - will take over Rachel's position as Waterloo Road's headteacher in the next series.

I have to agree with Eva. Rachel's character was really good in Series 3, but then I think she went downhill.

However, the first ten episodes of Series 5 were the best for some time, but the remaining ten episodes have disappointed me. They should have kept Max as a villain and Helen as the delusional teacher for a lot longer.

I will miss Rachel too. But Amanda Burton is a good replacement IMO.

So what's going to happen to Finn and Amy? I guess they spilt up. Will Finn still move to LA with his parents?
    Last edited by megan999; 18-07-2010 at 17:15.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Wow I knew I recognised her, but she wasnt geordie in this!!! This was the episodes I first got into Waterloo Road! Hey I googled the actress and found this site for her www.hollymatthews.net apparently she is going to be in a film soon...wow!

Thread Information