Thread: Tennant to quit 'Dr Who' for Hollywood?

Tennant to quit 'Dr Who' for Hollywood?

Source: Digital Spy

David Tenant is planning to quit Dr. Who after the upcoming series, according to insiders.

The actor has signed a £1 million contract to make a third series of the show, but he will look to pursue a career in Hollywood thereafter.

The forthcoming season will be the show's fourth, after Christopher Ecclestone played the Doctor in the opening series.

A insider reportedly said: "David absolutely loves the programme but if it comes back for a fifth season bosses will have to find a new Doctor Who."

He can't quit! I won't let him!.. *Chains him to the tardis and locks with a massive padlock* ..Hmmm.. anyways, if he does decide to leave, not that he will, but if he does, I wish him the best of luck in the future.
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

Tennant contemplates 'Doctor Who' exit

David Tennant has a firm idea of when he will leave Doctor Who, but refused to comment on any exact date.

"I think I now know how many series I'm going to do," he reveals in this month's Doctor Who Magazine. "I think it would be stupid of me to say more than that right now, before this series has even begun filming. Anything can happen, and everything can change."

Tennant also described his sadness at the absence of former sidekick Billie Piper: "Billie was the only other cast member there every single day, and we relied on each other professionally, and personally, and I do miss her a lot."

However, the Scot leapt to the defence of new co-star Freema Agyeman, who will portray Martha Jones in the third season of the revived sci-fi show. "She's no reason to be daunted or nervous, because she can palpably do it - she's obviously a good actress. This show gets a lot of scrutiny, so she wouldn't have got the gig unless everyone was certain she could do it," Tennant said, before adding: "It'll be fascinating to see how she slots into the team."

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information