Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 11

sounds really good i cant wait

IVE BEEN TO SEE GUYS AND DOLLS
    R.I.P Dennis Rickman i will really miss you

What is Keith's problem with marriage? Not that I want them to get married, I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim131
    What is Keith's problem with marriage? Not that I want them to get married, I am just curious.
    I know, I don't get it! I think anybody else in his position would want to prove how much Rosie means to him, and I think marriage is an ideal way to do that. They've been together as I said longer than Demi and Darren have been alive. Not wanting to get married is like saying he doesn't want to be commited to her, or feel obligated to the family in anyway. It's been clear from the beginning that Rosie has wanted them get married, it's just wrong to string somebody along like that.

Well obviously he asks her as a way to get her back -- after finding out about Mike's scam and knowing how long she's wanted them to get married it's the obvious way.

As to why he doesn't want to get married, I have no idea. Maybe they'll wheel out an insta-backstory, where his mother married a person he didn't like, he ran away from home, ended up in care, never learned to read and as such links all his problems back to marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    Well obviously he asks her as a way to get her back -- after finding out about Mike's scam and knowing how long she's wanted them to get married it's the obvious way.

As to why he doesn't want to get married, I have no idea. Maybe they'll wheel out an insta-backstory, where his mother married a person he didn't like, he ran away from home, ended up in care, never learned to read and as such links all his problems back to marriage.
    I think him not being able to read must have been something to do with the way he was brought up, so a back story might be interesting for further down the road. Although without Rosie being in it, it seem spointless. The amount of time that him and Rosie have been together, no matter how screwed up you are there must be some element of trust in the relationship. I don't think marriage would be that scary to people who have been together as long as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    I think him not being able to read must have been something to do with the way he was brought up, so a back story might be interesting for further down the road. Although without Rosie being in it, it seem spointless. The amount of time that him and Rosie have been together, no matter how screwed up you are there must be some element of trust in the relationship. I don't think marriage would be that scary to people who have been together as long as they have.
    I think the backstory we have with Keith is that he was in care. (But then in EE, who hasn't been in care,) He's mentioned it a few times. I think he didn't learn to read due to not going to school, and therefore never being taught.

I can't think of any reason why he'd be so against getting married though. I don't think Rosie's doing herself any favours though - she's now going on about his laziness and not getting a job, and that's he's selfish etc, but as soon as he proposes she jumps at the chance.

I'm torn with Rosie and Keith at the moment. I think they're a good couple, and especially good parents who compliment each other well. But I wonder if the problems are too much and don't really know how they'd overcome them. I also think Rosie isn't in love with Keith, and will always be pining for Mike, no matter what he does, which isn't good for the relationship.

I think Rosie has fallen in love with Mike again and she's only with Keith because of the kids

On paper it sounds like more of the same old garbage.

I look forward to being surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    I don't think Rosie and Keith should be getting married. It sounds like another quick fix where they never actually address any of the problems in the relationship.
    it also sounds like keith doesnt want to get married. and he doesnt deserve rosie. he's more suited to ghengis

I think its silly to get rid of only Rosie and Demi - I prefer her to Keith who is just lazy!

As for Sonia and Naomi, yuck! Sonia doesnt know what she wants, and I cant see her as a lesbian. Poor Martin.

Thread Information