Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Study Help!!

Study Help!!

I don't know if i've piut this in the right place.

I need advice on how to study i know how to but i can't just get into it and to make matters worse i have exams coming up 3 weeks tomorrow which would make it the 15th of March and i really need to study but don't know how to.

Please help me guys!!

Tanya
    x.x.x
    Last edited by Tannie; 20-02-2006 at 20:20.

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

well to start with you should study where there are no distractions, such as the computer or the tv. also you should study for about 30mins then have a 5min break and start again, and try and do a few different subjects a night and not spend hours on the same thing
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Don't make your studying too hard, set your own pace and make it fun. Cramming doesn't work either, there are lots of good websites too.

Go into a quiet room, no TV or even quiet music. No distractions, good luck!

quiet music can help you concentrate but you need to make sure it wont disturb you
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

when i have to revise i try to make a revision timetable. this is helpful if you have different subjects to study. Try to take a ten min break every half hour too. Not studying the one subject for more than an hour helps too.

i advise that you dont just read from a book/paper whatever.. and you actually do something, whether its writing, games, whatever you feel comfortable with and what you think helps you to learn.

try interactive learning on the internet. i think if you have absolutely no distractions, and revise for 25 minute chunks. then have a 15 minutes break and relax. it works for me anyway

Games or fun websites are good. When I was in Y6 doing my SATs I went on Revisewise and it really helped.

I actually find that websites dont go into enough depth, and confuse you more, but thats just my opinion.

If i were you, i'd get some kind of voice recorder (if you have an MP3 player, then you might have one on that), and talk some notes into it. Then on the way to school, on the computer, or you can't sleep (whatever the situation), then you can do some revision. It really stays in your memory, but because you're not writing, it doesn't feel like you're working too hard (even though you are) so you do it more often.

It really works

Thread Information