27. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

23 85.19%
  • NO

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on anorexia

Thoughts on anorexia sites

I was wondering if anyone has or knows anyone who has suffered with anorexia. All the channels are having special shows against the pro anna movement. Do you think such sites should be banned
    Last edited by Cornishbabe; 19-02-2006 at 19:35.

I definitely think pro ana and mia sites should be closed. They encourage anorexia and bulimia and no girl should feel like that I really hate these sites, they are absoutely shocking and there is no need in them at all.

i think they are totally sick and should be banned!!!!!

I hate the point of the sites but go on them. It makes you feel like your not alone and meet like minded people. But what you really need is to get better

anorexia (all eating disorders actualy) is without doubt a psychological disease, and everyone (who suffers from it) has a different experience. Some people start out because they dont like how they look, for others it goes into deeper emotional issues.

i think if you suffer from this you should try to go to your doctor - believe me, dont let it go on, it will just get worse and you will wonder how you let it go on so long.....

Quote Originally Posted by pops110874
    anorexia (all eating disorders actualy) is without doubt a psychological disease, and everyone (who suffers from it) has a different experience. Some people start out because they dont like how they look, for others it goes into deeper emotional issues.

i think if you suffer from this you should try to go to your doctor - believe me, dont let it go on, it will just get worse and you will wonder how you let it go on so long.....
    Thats easier said than done when your under 18. some people dont know where to turn espceilay when youve been suffering from it for a long time

I just looked for some anorexia pics and found this site.

I wouldn't say its an eating disorder, more a mental illness. But how on earth anyone could want to look like anyone in those pics is beyond belief!

Quote Originally Posted by CornishBabe
    Thats easier said than done when your under 18. some people dont know where to turn espceilay when youve been suffering from it for a long time
    Im speaking from personal experience and it started long before i turned 18. If you let your doctor know, its confidential, they can put you in touch with support groups and give you the best advice.

If an eating disorder goes on for months, years even, it becomes a habit, a way of life and its much harder to get out of that cycle

i think they should, there was something on the sunday surgery last week and i tbh think its really bad becuase i understand its a state of mind, but how can people do this to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates
    I just looked for some anorexia pics and found this site.

I wouldn't say its an eating disorder, more a mental illness. But how on earth anyone could want to look like anyone in those pics is beyond belief!
    i have just had a quick look and it is disturbing to see

Thread Information