Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wick's

The Wick's

17 February 2006
    GETTING ON THEIR WICKS
    Kevin tries to get daughter Carly and Nico back together with a family meeting that ends violently.
    IFyou believe that knees-up merchants Chas and Dave are genuine salt-of-the-earth East End geezers, then Kevin Wicks must be a real cheeky cockney chappie.

This motor-mouth has got so much rabbit-rabbit that the bunnies in Watership Down have applied for pet passports so they can escape the country and a ferocious ear-bashing.

Resurrected from "the dead" - at least according to his chancer son Deano - Kevin appeared briefly in the Square last night, on his way to Italy.

But a domestic involving his daughter Carly, her husband Nico and the rest of his highly-strung family requires all of Kev's diplomacy to put right.

And while veteran TV and film actor Phil Daniels is famous for his role as the singing salesman in Blur's hit video Parklife, the skills he needs as Kevin are more Henry Kissinger than Arfur Daley.

So he calls a meeting between the two families on Tuesday to try and address the difficulties in Carly and Nico's marriage. As a Relate session, it leaves a lot to be desired...

Led by his volatile dad Yanis - a restaurateur who can throw insults and smash plates along with the best of them - Nico's lot turn up mob-handed with at least three generations of Greek Cypriots who all want their say on the shortcomings of Carly.

Mediterranean tempers flare, East End barrow boys' fists fly, and there's a ruck in Pat's front room that drives a wedge between the families and rattles her chandeliers even more than Patrick did.

Although Carly and Nico finally make up, domineering dad Yanis then creates more trouble by making Nico an offer he can't refuse - his own restaurant in Cyprus.

Unfortunately, Carly can. It might be the 'Island Of Love', but she's fresh out of that!

Soapbox, Mirror.

So they dive in head first in a family's storyline we don't even know.
    I reckon it is a gamble for EE.
    Last edited by Dutchgirl; 19-02-2006 at 11:25.

I agree, not sure if I will take to the Wicks family. I never saw any of the other Wicks family previously. As long as they are better than the Ferairas and last longer than the Millers, hopefully they'll prove me wrong
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Are they here permanently? or just passing through.
    As long as they are better than the Ferairas I dont mind.

I think they are here permantely as they have their own profiles on the EE website.
    This sounds quite good, Phil was great as Kevin on Friday especially the fight so this one should be good too!

does carly claim her husband is the reason for the split lip?

You can tell Kevin is a wicks! i think he's great, he was brill on fri nights episode at paulines wedding! im really warming to him. im not too keen on Carly though!

The only member of that family I like is Pat. They annoy me already! Well, the dad doesn't bother me THAT much, but they just annoy me so much. But i was like that with the Millers and now I like Rosie, Demi and "Leesh". And I've always liked Mickey. What happened to Carly's lip again?
    Last edited by Andy'sLuckyPony; 24-02-2006 at 21:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy'sLuckyPony
    The only member of that family I like is Pat. They annoy me already! Well, the dad doesn't bother me THAT much, but they just annoy me so much. But i was like that with the Millers and now I like Rosie, Demi and "Leesh". And I've always liked Mickey. What happened to Carly's lip again?
    Something to do with a plate... like she was throwing plates and he was trying to get them off her and he took it off her but she tried to get it back and maybe it hit her lip ... I can't really remember but it was something like this.

Ohh. What a weird storyline to enter with. They might turn into just comic relief for Eastenders, y'know, sort of the Battersby's of London. I don't want that. I reeaaally don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy'sLuckyPony
    Ohh. What a weird storyline to enter with. They might turn into just comic relief for Eastenders, y'know, sort of the Battersby's of London. I don't want that. I reeaaally don't want that.
    Yeah they do seem a bit like that ... especially with Kevin being quite merrily and all.

Thread Information