Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Mike Baldwin dies

How Mike Baldwin dies

Filming has taken place of the final scenes for Corries Mike Baldwin (Johnny Briggs) he dies in the arms of Ken Barlow Full story
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

oh my god thats going to be so sad

aww poor Mike i hope something happens to Danny he needs to be found out.

That sounds really sad,there will be tears in my house that night,just mine though u hasten to add.

awww poor mike. thats going to be well sad. everyone get their tissues.
    the link wont work for me (my computer is crap) but does it say when it will be aired?

Quote Originally Posted by crazylea
    awww poor mike. thats going to be well sad. everyone get their tissues.
    the link wont work for me (my computer is crap) but does it say when it will be aired?
    Just for you, and anyone else with a crap computer

EXCLUSIVE: THE KEND OF CORRIE MIKE
    EXCLUSIVE He dies in arms of rival Barlow
    By Lara Gould Tv Reporter
    CORONATION Street's Mike Baldwin is to die in the arms of his arch-rival Ken Barlow.

The touching scene, to be shown in April, will mark the end of a 20-year feud started when ladies man Mike had an affair with Ken's wife Deidre.

An insider said: "Mike's exit will go down in Corrie history. It really is the end of an era. Mike has been a massive part of the Street for such a long time that this is a fitting send-off. Viewers are going to be hooked."

Fans of the soap have seen once-active factory boss Mike battle the brain-wasting disease Alzheimer's for the past year. The source said: "Mike starts to go downhill fast. He's struggling to recognise even his oldest friends.

"At one point he is found walking around in the rain and is taken to hospital with pneumonia. But he goes off again and Ken finds him slumped on the steps of his knicker factory.

"Seeing he's in trouble, Ken cradles Mike in his arms and they start talking about the old times. Ken calls an ambulance but it's too late and he dies before they arrive."

Actor Johnny Briggs, 70 last year, refused to sign another £200,000-a-year contract, telling bosses: "I can't go on forever."

Romeo Mike arrived in the Street in 1976 as boyfriend of former Rovers landlady Bet Lynch. He fell for single mum Deidre in 1979 and they dated for two years before she wed Ken, played by William Roache. Two years later Mike and Deidre rekindled their romance - and the two men first came to blows when Ken uncovered the affair.

Mike went on to wed FOUR times - Ken's daughter Susan, Jackie Ingram and then golddigger Linda Sykes, who bedded both Mike and his son Mark.

Mike's last wife was businesswoman Alma Sedgewick. They divorced after Mike cheated on her with a prostitute - but Mike later nursed her as she died of cancer. Fans last month saw Mike pop the question to widow Penny King. He stormed out after being rejected - but later forgot he'd proposed.

A source said: "Seeing Mike forgetting his proposal bought home the extent of his illness. He has become a shell of the man he once was. But Street bosses felt it was important to show what a degenerative illness can do.

"And they promise his send-off will be fitting for such a popular and long-serving character."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

thank you.
    aww that does sound really sad. the storys been really good though. good way for him to go out of the soap i reckon. even if he is dying.

it really is an end of an era. Whod have thought Ken Barlow would be there for Mike. Its going to be so sad but great to watch as corrie wont let us dow.

awwww thats soooo sad xxxxx
    [SIZE=4][B]Luv Ya'll!

awww thats gonna be really sad

Thread Information