Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The IT Crowd

The IT Crowd is brilliant!
    saying that i have missed the last few episodes due to QI

The IT Crowd's creator Graham Linehan has confirmed that the show will not be returning for a fifth series.

Speaking in an online chat at Reddit, Linehan explained that he wants the comedy to go out on a high.

"I'll say right off the bat... the bad news is no IT Crowd series five," he said.

Responding to questions from fans, Linehan admitted that he would "never say never" to another series but he is "just not feeling it" at the moment.

"[The] chief reason was the fact that I just wasn't looking forward to it the way I used to," he said. "I felt that the last series was a nice strong point to go out on, and anything further might just be running on the spot. You don't do your best work when you're running on the spot."

Linehan continued: "It feels like a natural time to wind things down. Apart from anything else, we're probably reaching that stage where it begins to feel odd that Roy, Jen and Moss are still stuck down in that basement. I don't want to start giving everybody babies to make it feel like they're moving on with their lives. My kind of comedy has always been setpiece-driven... and maybe that kind of thing has a naturally short life."

However, Linehan also revealed that he is planning a special, which will air on Channel 4 next year.

"[It's] a big juicy story with great storylines for all the characters (I think)," he said, adding that he would consider making an IT Crowd film.

"It all depends on whether I come up with a good idea for one," he said. "One good enough to attract all the cast. It needs to deserve to be a film, though. So it's got to be big on all sorts of different levels.

"But even if that doesn't happen, I'm quite interested in the idea of the 'IT Crowd universe'. Like the DC or Marvel Universes. You know, maybe catching up with Bennie Wong as Prime or Douglas's Big Spaceology Wedding... these might end up just being future specials."

Linehan also revealed that he would support a rumoured crossover between The IT Crowd and US sitcom Community.

"Wasn't it something about Moss meeting Abed?" he said. "I don't see why not. [Community] creator Dan [Harmon] is someone I would trust completely with the character."

The IT Crowd, which starred Katherine Parkinson, Chris O'Dowd and Richard Ayoade, was expected to end soon but was widely thought to be getting one last series.

The comedy won a BAFTA in 2009.

Chris O'Dowd, Richard Ayoade, Katherine Parkinson and Matt Berry are all expected to return for the new 40-minute episode

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a47...l-special.html

Chris O'Dowd, Richard Ayoade, Katherine Parkinson and Matt Berry are all expected to return for the new 40-minute episode

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a47...l-special.html

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-05-2013), tammyy2j (22-07-2013)

Channel 4 has announced a night of IT Crowd programming.

Currently planned for an unspecified date in October, the IT Crowd Night of programming will focus around the final, long-awaited special of Graham Linehan's office-based sitcom, The IT Crowd.

The evening's programming will also include a selection of episodes from the last full series of the comedy, broadcast in 2010.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 22-07-2013 at 14:53.

The IT Crowd's final episode is to air on September 27 on Channel 4.

The sitcom's send-off has landed a Friday night 9pm slot, following the series premiere of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD at 8pm.

Series creator Graham Linehan previously announced that the hit comedy's farewell special would air in late September.

Linehan first set out plans for a final IT Crowd special in December 2012, after previously confirming that the sitcom would not return for a full fifth series.

The comedy - which originally aired between 2006 and 2010 - starred Chris O'Dowd, Richard Ayoade and Katherine Parkinson as three staff members of the IT department at the fictional Reynholm Industries.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-09-2013), lizann (13-09-2013), tammyy2j (13-09-2013)

cant wait

Thread Information