Thread: Trevor Bannister is set to join Coronation Street

Trevor Bannister is set to join Coronation Street

ACTOR Trevor Bannister - star of classic TV comedy Are You Being Served? - is to join Coronation Street.

He will play a solicitor who helps scheming Danny Baldwin (Bradley Walsh) pull off an underhand deal to get sick Mike Baldwin to sign over his factory to him.

Trevor - famous as randy salesman Mr Lucas in the hit 70s BBC1 sitcom, with its "I'm free" catchphrase - is said to be "thrilled" to be joining the Street.

Trevor's character arrives in Weatherfield next month as tragic Mike (Johnny Briggs) battles Alzheimer's.

Danny sets up several meetings with the solicitor after persuading dad Mike to give him full control of his underworld business.

A Corrie source said: "Viewers will be shocked. Mike will recognise fewer of his friends and family and is convinced he is still married to ex-wife Alma who died in 2001. He even believes Elsie Tanner (Pat Phoenix) is running his factory for him."

The harrowing scenes will be screened in March.

I really didn't think Danny would take things this far, he is so cruel! If Mike were to die as it is Danny would still get half because he's a partner, and the other half would go to Adam. What's wrong with that? Danny is just too greedy. And in the process of him taking Mike's business away from him, he's making him lose the plot even more. He's his own flesh and blood, it's just awful!

I really thought Danny would have bowed out of this plan by now.

Didnt danny get him to change his will a few weeks ago. I dont belive hes taken things this far its mad!

danny changed the will to sole heir of the factory and cut everyone else out of it.
    im back everyone!!!!!!

sorry do you not mean Mr Humpreys cause that what Mr Humpreys saying was im free.
    Mr lucas was the young one who faniced mrs Brahams???

I can't belive Danny will go that far he is been so mean, i hope Jamie finds out and does something fast before Mike does sign the factory over to Danny.

i didnt recognise trevor bannister in corrie at first but he was cool. I think he should have a bigger role

omg i loved him in are you being served he'll do brilliantlly in corrie cant wait to see him there

He was so brill in are you being served. And he was cool in corro too

Thread Information