View Poll Results: has Faith run her course as a character?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes time to say goodbye

1 100.00%
  • No, she deserves one more script outing

0 0%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Faithless

hi I'm going on holiday later sorry but i wont be able to post for like 2 weeks, hopefully when i get back I can finish it

fab! just caught up, im glad faith and jamie are both ok, hope they can have a happy ending, more very soon please, cant wait
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Brillant! Cant wait for more soon. x

I'm baaaaack. Had a great holiday, thanks for the reply I've written loads of this while I was away so should get it all posted soon By the way I know I always said I would stop at three scripts then went on to do this one, how would you all feel about me doing just one more Faith script ?

Part 44

Jamie peered through the glass on the door of Faiths private room and watched as she dissolved to tears in her mothers arms.
    He rung his hands and looked at the floor, shifting his feet uncomfortably. He couldnt stand this waiting.

:She'll be ok you know

Jamie looked up to see Alyss sat serenely on the chair a few feet from him across the corridor. He dropped his hands to his side and walked over, dropping into the seet next to her.

Jamie: We dont know that
    Alyss: I do

Alyss looked to the empty, plastic coffee cup in her hands the back to Jamie. He was shocked by how a girl who looked as young as Alyss did could be so confident, sure and clear of her convictions.

Jamie: How old are you?

Alyss blinked as though not understanding the question when in truth she was wondering why it had been asked.

Alyss: I was 15 july 12th
    Jamie: But then...

Alyss understood then

Alyss: There's only 10 months between me and Fay
    Jamie: Oh
    Alyss: Its ok we get it all the time
    Jamie: Right

It was a simple reply but Jmaie was suddenly burning with questions as to how this calm 15 year old knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that her sister was going to be ok. Alyss seemed to read his thoughts and offered more reassurance with her next comment.

Alyss: She will be ok, dont worry
    Jamie: How can I not worry? How can you be so sure that she'll be fine?

To that Alyss gave the first answer that came to her

Alyss: Because she always is
    Jamie: Huh?

Alyss looked straight ahead and her peaceful expression clouded momentarily. She turned back to Jamie and answered his question with all her natural born grace and honesty.

Alyss: The thing with Faith is...bad things happen...and they usually happen to her. She's had a hard life. Hel, this is the third time she's nearly died and no matter what I say thats got to affect a person.

She paused, her own doubts over her sisters metal well-being surfacing.

Alyss: Concidering everything thats happened to her Faith should be cold and cynical and feel as though the whole worlds against her but she doesnt and thats the most amazing thing. Faith loves life. She always used to laugh and joke, she's so smart and funny and brave and I dont know what I'd do without her. Thats how I know she'll be ok because she has to be and appart from that if I know anything about Faith its that she's too damn stubborn to let a little thing like a near death experience beat her

Alyss laughed a little and Jamie had to smile. It was so strange being around people who knew so much more than him about Faith. A happy silence filtered through the air until Alyss gave a wonky smile and turned back to Jamie.

Alyss: So you and my sister are having a baby, guess that kinda makes us family.

Jamie shifted akwardly

Jamie: Yeah guess so

Alyss looked at him, the tranquil expression now firmy back in place, her green eyes staring at him with innocent intent.

Alyss: So is she looking forward to being a mum? I mean its so hard to imagine.

the increasing shade of pink on Alyss's cheeks was now spreading through Jamies

Jamie: Yeah I think she's looking forward to it
    Alyss: you think?
    Jamie: She is. She wants this baby, she's looking forward to it we both are.
    Alyss: mmmm...boy or girl?
    Jamie: Huh?
    Alyss: Is it a boy or a girl?
    Jamie: We dont know yet. Too early
    Alyss: Which would you like?
    Jamie: Dont know, boy I suppose
    Alyss: So you dont want a girl?

Jamie began to feel uneasy. God this girl was good he couldnt help but think. Alyss was finding it way too easy to pick to pieces everything he said.

Jamie: I dont mind, I just want a nice healthy baby
    Alyss: So you dont want a disabled baby?
    Jamie: Of course not!
    Alyss: So if your baby is disabled you dont want it
    Jamie: Thats not what I said. Look can we not talk about this.
    Alyss: sure lets talk about Faith instead. Are you gonna move in together?
    Jamie: I d'no we haven't discussed it.
    Alyss: Will you marry her?
    Jamie: I...I...I...

Jamie was finally spared from Alyss's interigation when sharon stepped out of Faiths room, closing the door behind her. Her face was tearstained but she was smiling.She sniffed loudly

Sharon: Alyss, she wants to see you.

Alyss stepped forward and walked towards the door completely ignoring Jamie as she went. Her palm felt for the cold door handle as she prepared to face the sister that had been 7 months absent form her life.

Next: Faith and Alyss talk

brill! loved alyss and jamies talk lol! and liked the way alyss knew faith would be ok. more very soon please, cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by squillyfer
    By the way I know I always said I would stop at three scripts then went on to do this one, how would you all feel about me doing just one more Faith script ?
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Another Faith script! Yay! You should definitely do another one
    Hope you had a good holiday, that was brilliant Jamie and Alyss' talk was so good! More asap please

Thanks for the replies, a 5th script is definatly a possibility oh and please dont hate me for Alyss

Part 45

Alyss tentively pushed the door open. Faith looked up and smiled at her from the hospital bed. Alyss gave her a shaky smile back and turned to close the door behind her. When she turned back round to face her sister she watched as Faith slipped out of bed, her hospital gown falling gracefully over her small bump and brushing her ankles when she stood up and walked across the room, enveloping Alyss in a tight hug. They stayed that way for a while until Faith felt the shakes and sobs her sister had begun to emit. Faith pulled away and held Alyss's small frame at arms length.

Faith: What are you crying for?
    Alyss: I just...I just...I just missed you so much...and now you're hear...alive...and pregnant...and its a shock...and i love you...and I just...I just

Alyss dissolved to tears much like Faith herself had just moments before. Faith threw an arm around her younger siblings shoulders and guided her towards the chair by her bed before pushing herself back onto the mattress and swinging her legs to and fro over the sides.
    After a few minutes Alyss's sobbing subsided and she looked to Faith. She was greeted with a warm smile and felt forced to return the gesture

Faith: Thats better, I didnt mean to make you cry
    Alyss: You didnt, its just like i said its a shock seeing you like this thats all...

She trailed off unsure of what to say next. An air of tension washed over the pair. faith spoke next in a attempt to salvage the limited conversation.

Faith: So how have things been?

Alyss gave her a look

Faith: That bad huh?
    Alyss: Things have been hard
    Faith: Like what?
    Alyss: Mums struggled. She doesnt admit it but its hard for her without dad.

It was the first time their father had been mentioned and Alyss looked at Faith to gauge her reaction.

Alyss: You know what it was like. We were just about holding it together ... then you left and everything got that bit harder.

Faith resented the guilty feeling that swept over her and made her tingle from head to toe.

Alyss: I thing Ryan took it the worst. He said it was mums fault you left. He stopped talking to us. The twins just didnt understand.

Faith shifted nervously

Faith: It wasnt mums fault, or at least it wasnt just her fault. A lot of stuff happened and I just couldnt handle it anymore.
    Alyss: Thats what I dont get, you're the strongest person I know. After everything we've been through together...all the times...I just...I suppose...

Faith understood then.

Faith: You're mad a me

Alyss looked guiltily away and remained silent.

Faith: You are, aren't you. You're mad that I couldnt tell you. You blame me.

It wasnt a question.

Alyss: What do you expect Faith of course I blame you. I blame you for how things have been the last year.
    Faith: I dont believe this...after everything...
    Alyss: Faith I love you and I dont know whats happened the past seven months but I think...
    Faith: What? You're the smart one Alyss what is it you think?

Alyss looked at her then, all smiles and pretences forgotten.

Alyss: I know things havent always been easy for you but I think...I think sometimes you play on it.
    Faith: What!
    Alyss: I think you've spent the last 16 years of your life being a victim and you're losing the ability to feel anything but sorry for yourself.

Faith stood up and began to pace the room trying to quell the bubble of anger that was rising through her throat.

Faith: What do you want me to do Alyss I cant just forget everything thats happened. Apparently neither can you.

Alyss put her head in her hands and rubbed her temples. Faith or shouting. She sat back on the bed and absently rubbed her stomach, saying nothing until Alyss looked up at her.

Alyss: Why did you do it Faith? You just...left.
    Faith: I left because...because I couldnt stay
    Alyss: Why? What was so bad that you had to leave like that, in the middle of the night, without a word to any of us? Did you even consider what it would be like for us?

Faith shook her head slowly and exhaled.

Faith: How can you even ask me that. You dont understand Alyss.
    Alyss: I might if you'd just talk to me.
    Faith: Thats what you dont get, I couldnt talk to you! I couldnt talk to anyone!
    Alyss: You could've talked to me!

Alyss was on her feet, her voiced raised in a manner so unlike the Alyss Faith had once known.

Faith: Have you been listening to a word I've said? I. Couldnt. Talk. To. Anyone!
    Alyss: Why not?
    Faith: Because I just couldnt ok. I left because I couldnt stand the way people looked at me, I couldnt stand the not knowing, I was sick of feeling guilty for something I didnt know if I did. You all thought I killed dad!

Alyss looked down at her, stern and defient.

Alyss: Weel none of us would know anything about that now would we Faith thanks to your pesky little memory loss.

The splashes of sarcasm practically pooled at her feet as she spat the words at Faith. Faith looked at her, anger sparking in her hazel eyes.

Faith: Thats not fair.
    Alyss: Life's not fair.
    Faith: I remember Alyss, believe me, I remember.
    Alyss: Well then now's your chance isnt it Faith. Did you do it?
    Faith: What do you want me to say? Do you want me to be guilty, to tell you that I murdered our father?
    Alyss: I dont know, did you? I just want the truth.
    Faith: And if I cant give you it?
    Alyss: Well then I'll just have to make my own assumptions wont I. Did you Fay? Did you kill dad?

Faith sighed, looked at Alyss and began to talk. It was time for the truth.

Next: How will Alyss react?

God post more....you've been away for so long you owe it to me !!!!!!!!!!

fab! omg did faith kill dennis, i have to know! more very very very soon please
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Hi guys thanks for the replies, sorry about the suspense lol here's the next bit

Part 46

15 minutes later and Alyss wiped away the last of her tears. She looked at Faith who was staring at her hands as she twisted them in her lap. She looked up at Alyss, her face wet and still shining with her own tears.

Faith: I'm glad I told you Ally

She tried to smile but Alyss looked away, her face blank and unreadable. Faith began to feel uneasy and shrank back beneath the covers of the bed beneath her sisters gaze.

Faith: Alyss?

Her voice was quiet and shaky. Her face was stinging and she moved her hands to rub the sticky tears from her face. She looked at Alyss, silently pleading with her to give a response, something...anything.

Faith: Alyss, please, say something.

The desperation had crept into her voice and Alyss finally looked at Faith.

Alyss: Is that the truth?
    Faith: What do you...? Of course its true. I wouldnt lie about something like this. I dont lie, you know that.
    Alyss: I dont know you anymore.

It was a statement with virtually no feeling behind it. Faith wanted to cry but refused to weaken infront of Alyss.

Faith: I am not lying
    Alyss: How long then?
    Faith: Huh?
    Alyss: How long?!!!

She repeated herself as though it would be easier for Faith to understand the second time round. It wasnt.

Faith: What do you mean, 'How long?'

Alyss lost her temper. She shoved her chair backwards and moved so she was as far away from Faith as possible and leant against the wall. When she did speak it was through gritted teeth and she refused to make eye contact with Faith.

Alyss: How long have you known what happened?

Faith opened her mouth to answer.

Faith: I...

Alyss never gave her the chance.

Alyss: I mean is it a week, a month, god forbid a year. How long?
    Faith: Alyss why are you being like this?
    Alyss: I just want to know. If what you've told me is true then how long have you known? How long have you been keeping this a secret?

Faith opened her mouth in a wide O of shock.

Faith: I have not been keeping this a secret. All this year, I really didnt know, I swear to you. I told you I dont lie.
    Alyss: And I told you, I dont know you. I dont trust you anymore.
    Faith: Why are you acting like this? I told you what you wanted to know Ally. I told you what happened.
    Alyss: Yeah and now I'm asking you how long have you known?
    Faith: Ally...
    Alyss: For god sake Faith stop with the 'Ally, Ally' and answer the damn question.
    Faith: Hours ok, I've known hours. no wait a second, if its that important i could probably put it into minutes for you.
    Alyss: Dont try to be clever Faith it doesnt suit you.
    Faith: Then you stop being stupid.
    Alyss: A minute ago I was the smart one.
    Faith: A minute ago you weren't acting like a spoilt brat!

Both teens were fuming but surprisingly it was Faith that blew first.

Alyss: Yeah maybe I am a spoilt brat but i figure maybe its my turn. Afterall you've been a spoilt brat for the last 16 years!
    Faith: Hey wait just a minute!
    Alyss: No I wont wait just a minute. I've spent the last 15 years playing second best and now this...this...

Alyss seemed unable to finish the sentence.

Faith: I still dont know why all this is coming up now.
    Alyss: I'll tell you why shall I : because he chose you
    Faith: What?

Alyss looked her straight in the eye.

Alyss: He died and his last thought must have been about you. He put you before me and ryan and the twins and mum, just like he always did. So in that respect Faith everyone's right. Its your fault he's dead. I blame you for dads death.

Faith suddenly felt as if she was back in the lake. She was cold all over and she felt as though she couldnt breath. The air was heavy and suffocating. It felt like the world was collapsing. Faith felt her eyes prickle but was spared the embarassment of losing face and crying infront of Alyss when the door opened and in walked Jamie. Alyss whipped her head away from Faith and her eyes flitted briefly over Jamie before she stormed past him, through the door, past her waiting mother and down the corridor. Jamie turned towards Faith and gave her a weak smile.

Jamie: I dont think she likes me too much.

Faith took one look at him and the door that still swung on its hinges behind him and burst into tears. He was at her side in an instant, soothing her with calm words and gentle touches.

Faith: Its not you, its me she doesnt like.

He pulled her into a hug and softly stroked her hair as she sobbed into his chest. Then as suddenly as it had started her crying stopped. Faith placed her small hands on the damp patch of shirt her tears had created and pushedamie gently back although she allowed him the space he had occupied next to her on the bed.

Faith: I cant do this Jamie. David tried to kill me, my own mother hardly knows me anymore, i though you were dead, my sister hates me...

Jamie: Wait a minute! You thought I was what?!!!

Faith looked at him, her pretty hazel eyes still sparkling with tears.

Faith: David told me he'd killed you.

Jamie ran a faint hand down the side of her face.

Jamie: Well, looks like he was wrong doesnt it.

Jamie tried to smile but Faith mirrored his movement and ran a slender finger down his face, letting it brush over one of his now purpling bruises.

Faith: Looks like he wasnt too far off.

Jamie sighed and caught both of her hands in his own, pressing soft kisses to her palm and knucles.

Jamie: I'm fine, bruises heal.

Faith looked away and thats when it happened. For the first time in months the bullet scar that marred her chest began to burn and her mind flitted back to Alyss.

Faith: No Jamie, not all bruises heal

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Next: Faith and Jamie talk and will Sharon finally find out what happened?
    Last edited by squillyfer; 24-08-2006 at 16:46.

Thread Information