View Poll Results: has Faith run her course as a character?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes time to say goodbye

1 100.00%
  • No, she deserves one more script outing

0 0%
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Faithless

Thanks for the replies, here's the next part

Part 40

Faith stood still waiting for Davids confession. He put his hands to his head, scraping his fingers roughly through his hair before dropping his hands back to his sides.
    Faith felt fully prepared for his confession. She was prepared for him to admit that he had killed Lot in cold blood for no reason but she was prepared for the words that next left his lips.

David: She was going to leave me Fay, Lot was going to leave.

Faith stopped to think this over. From what she had been told about her she found it hard to believe that mousy little Lot could ever pluck up enough courage to leave David. Faith just didnt understand it. In the end she responded with the only word she could.

Faith: Why?

David leered at her

David: Why d'you think

Faith just stared at him blankly before David uttered the one word she least expected.

David: Jamie

Faith stood still and waited for the impact of his words

David: Your beloved Jamie is the reason that Lot decided to leave me.
    Faith: What? I dont understand.

David looked angry and stared at her as if she was stupid

David:She was in love with him Faith. She had enough of me, enough of the affairs and I suppose she saw dear little Jamie as a rosy alternative.

David dint try to soften his words and Faith was left reeling. She thought back to when Jamie had first told her about Lot: the tears in his eyes, the pained expressions on his face, the saddness in his voice. It all made sense now. That was why Jamie had been reluctant to persue a relationship with her, because he'd done the same thing with Lot and she'd paid for it with her life. A million different images and possibilities swirled through Faiths mind. She felt like she had been lied to. As if she was just Lots replacement in both David and Jamies bed, just another girl to soften the blow for the loss of the last one. The worst thing was she couldnt even ask Jamie about it. If what David said was true then Jamie was dead and Faith could never ask him about anything ever again.
    Faith swallowed hard and tried to breathe normally. Her toes were numb from the water and her head felt heavy with them new information that was forcing its way in.

Faith: So what happened?

She wasnt sure the wanted to know but she had to ask. David looked at her with a new emotion swimming in his eyes that Faith couldnt quiet work out. It was a cross between pride and upset, like a small child recounting how they recieved an injury. Faith wondered if that was all Charlotte had been: a pain, a blemish and her death ahd been nothing for David but an unhappy incident.

David: You really want to know?
    Faith: I think I need to know

David looked at her and edged forward with his arm out to her. She took another step backwards into the water shaking her head and David sighed, dropped his arm and started him story.

David: I brought her hear to patch things up, a nice little weekend, or at least it was supposed to be. I'd realised that no matter how awful I'd been to her what she'd done with Jamie had evened the odds and all I wanted to do was clear the air and start over.

Faith wasnt sure about his theory about them being even but didnt say anything.

David:It started out great. We even decided to stay away from the drugs the first day, we agreed, we didnt need them. We just did normal stuff, swimming, sunbathing and all the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff in between.

Faith felt slightly ill at the nochalent smile plastered on his face

David: I thought we'd be ok, I thought she'd get over her problems and we could go back to how things were. It was the second day when I realised things would never be the same, when I realised that she was nothing but a selfish liar.

Faith heard all the spite and malice in his voice and wondered how one person could hate someone else with such a passion but couldnt find the same capacity to love.

Faith: What do you mean? What had she done?
    David: She'd broken our pact. The second morning I decided it could be fun to just do a few lines of the stuff we'd brought, nothing heavy, just enough to get her in the right mood if you know what I mean.

Faith did and her stomach flipped at the thought.

David: When I went to get the stuff some was missing. The lying little b***h had been at it the day before without me knowing.
    Faith: So you killed her for taking yor drugs?
    David: No I was willing to forgive that but on my way back to the bedroom I heard something I wasnt willing to forgive. She was on the phone. To Jamie. We'd come away for the weekend and all she could do was phone home and talk dirty to lover boy. When I confronted her about it she didnt seem to care, she said she was leaving me for good, said she didnt want me and never would. looking back on it she was probably high at the time but I wasnt really thinking about it then. I knew I had to teach her. Teach her a lesson she'd never forget.

*****above cont.******

part 41

A tingle ran right down Faiths spine

David:I knew she'd feel ill when she came down from whatever high she was on, she always did. Stupid Lot never could handle herself. I played the doting boyfriend, hugged her, kissed her, helped her into bed. I told her I'd run her a bath but that before that what she really needed was a quick fix, an automatic high. I had some coke left a friend had given me, good stuff too. I made a big show of preparing it infront of her, humming to myself and making big gestures, she giggled like a school girl at the sick sight of it. I drew up just enough to tip her over the edge. Then when the time was right I led her to the bathroom, a hot bath of frothy bubbles just waiting for her.

He paused and changed the tone of his voice to make it calmer

David: I hadnt meant to kill her Faith, not to start with. I helped her into the bath and sat opposite her on the toilet seat. For a while I just stared at her then when the drugs kicked in I began the torments. I told her she was a bad girl, a dirty girl. The drugs made everything I said seem ten times worse. She was crying so much, I couldnt tell where her tears ended and the bathwater began.

He laughed as if he'd made a joke but Faith wasnt smiling.

David: She started seeing things, thought other people were there with us. That was when I siezed the oportunity to scare her. I sat on the edge of the bath and pushed her. It wasnt a big push, I only wanted to scare her.

Faith scoffed at how defensive he was being.

David:I thought that if I scared her then she wouldnt leave
    Faith: Thats way warped David, you do know that right

He just glared at her then resumed his story.

David: I held her down in the water, she struggled so hard but I held her down tight till I could feel her give in then I pulled her back up. All the time I was shouting at her, for the drugs, for Jamie, for being a two bit little whore. I did it a few more times but then when I pulled her up the fourth time she didnt splutter and cry like the other times, she dug her nails in my face instead. I jumped back and looked in the mirror. The little tart had made me bleed, she was gonna pay. When I turned back to the bath I saw Lot trying to scramble out of it and towards the door. I couldnt let her get away, I just couldnt. I grabbed the only thing I could, her hair.

He paused again but still didnt seem phased by his own actions and continued in the same level tone.

David: She slipped on the bathmat and hit her head on the bath. I can still remember the scream she gave as she fell and the noise her head made as it split open. There was so much blood, it was everywhere.
    Faith: So you knocked her out and just left her there!

David looked startled and surprised.

David: She wasnt knocked out Faith, Lot was very much awake.

Faith breathed in sharply and David smiled evily.

David: When I saw the blood I couldnt think straight, I thought she was dead but she wasnt. I sat back on the toilet seat and tried to take it all in when I heard her raspy voice asking my name. She couldnt see me, she was facing the other way and besides, I dont think her eyesight was up to much by then, she was still drugged up to the eyeballs. So I sat there
    Faith: You just...you just sat there.
    David: I sat there and I watched her. I watched her as she writhed around in a pool of her own blood, as she cried my name,I watched as her eyes rolled in her head and she moaned in agony, watched as she gagged on her own vomit, watched as...
    Faith: STOP! STOP! STOP!, Please David just stop!

Tears flowed freely down her face, causing rippled in the water at her feet. She couldnt hear any more, she couldnt bare to hear how he had watched as the girl who had thought he loved her had died, a girl who she herself so closely mirrored.

David: You wanted to know Fay

He seemed odly pleased with himself. Faith was suddenly angry as it dawned on her that he really didnt care. This beautiful, charming, fragile girl had loved him and he'd just abused her and used her. Even as she died he had taunted her and he didnt even care, didnt miss her, wasnt bothered that she was gone.

Faith: I know but I didnt want that.
    David: Well thats the truth Faith. All people die, thats life
    Faith: Not all people are murdered.
    David: SHE CHEATED ON ME!!!
    Faith: What like I cheated on you? People break up, thats life too David.
    David: What Lot did was nothing compared to you. Lot was infatuated with Jamie, you...you...love him

David spat the word 'love' as if it hurt to say.

David: And now you have that...that...thing!

He pointed towards her bump which Faith quickly ran a protective hand over.

David: Lot paid for what she did and now you'll pay too...

David stepped towards her.....

Last edited by squillyfer; 19-07-2006 at 18:18.

I hate David! Poor Lot, hes horrible Brilliantly written as always, more soon please

brill! omg excellently written, david describing how lot died made me feel a bit sick lol! cant wait for the next part, more soon please
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Hey! I just have read the whole script from start to here and its amazing! Cant wait for the next part!

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for the replies, secondly I'd like to say sorry for how long this has taken and thirdly I'd like to tell you that I've re-written this part about a million times and I'm sorry if you hate me

Part 42

David: Lot paid for what she did and now you'll pay too...

David stepped towards her.....

Faith stumbled blindly backwards, tears running down her face, the water now reaching past her knees She was so confused, she didnt know what she wanted anymore. David was going to kill her unless she did something quick and she didnt know what she wanted. She didnt know who she was anymore.
    Her passport and permantent records told her she was Faith Angela Rickman, daughter of Sharon and Dennis Rickman, born 29th September, twin to Jacob Daniel, sister to Alyss Amara, Ryan Peter, Toby Mark and Lilly Madison, that was what her passport said. Her family said different, they told her she was the eldest daughter, their golden girl and now their fallen angel. And her own heart...she didnt know anymore. Somewhere along the way she'd forgotten who she was and now it was crunch time and she needed to know. She needed to know whether or not her life was worth living, she needed to know what happened with her dad, she needed to know whethere or not she was the kind of person that deserved to live, that deserved to be saved.
    She couldnt read the emotions in Davids eyes but she didnt need to. She knew what he wanted to do from his actions. Every ounce of his being indicated that he wanted her dead. He stepped towards her, arms outstretched towards Faiths neck.Faith was stil contemplating her life when David changed the pace and charged towards her. Faith tried to move quickly but the water dragged on her legs and the sharpness of the action caused her to lose her balance.
    She fell backwards into the water and winced as the icy water enveloped her legs. Her back grazed against the rough pebbles that lined the lake and her hands stung as she sliced her palm on a jagged rock nearby. Her thoughts barely registered as Davids knees crept either side of her and his hands circled around her neck, forcing her down into the water...

^^^^^^^

Sharon pushed harder on the accelerator as Selene figeted in the seat beside her

Selene: If we dont get ther soon...
    Sharon: I know! I know ok, I dont need to hear it again
    Selene: Then put your foot down because unless we get there soon Faith is as good as dead.

Sharon nodded towards the younger woman and increased her pressure on the accelerator. They would get there in time, they had to.

^^^^^^^

Faith struggled as the heavy material of her jeans dragged her down towards the deeper part of the lake. She couldnt breathe. Her chest was tight and painful. She couldnt hold her breath any longer and Faith gasped, tasting the stagnant lake water as it flew over her lips and mixed with the metalic taste of her own blood in her mouth. She felt paralysed as the icy water stabbed at her throat. Her head felt light and proper thoughts failed to form.

^^^^^^^

Sharon drummed her finger on the steering wheel hammered at the horn infront of her to try dislodge the traffic jam. This wasnt fast enough, they weren't going to make it.

^^^^^^^

Davids fingers dug into Faiths arms as she struggled with him and fought against the urge to breathe in yet more water. She had no breathe left. She went light headed and images began to flash before her eyes along with tiny pin pricks of colour that Faith knew where the beginings of unconsciousness. She welcomed them then, the lack of pain, the peace that she felt. She welcomed death then. Then something inside her stired and Faiths mood changed as she felt it...a small, weak, defensless kick.

.................................................. .................................................. ...

29 hours later Faith Angela Rickman woke up in intensive care........

Next: What happened and how will the reunions go?

Shes alive! I hope Jamies ok, Davids pure evil Amazing as usual More asap please

Wow! Glad shes still alive ... hope the baby is ok.... Its fab! More soon please XxX

Hi had a really bad time recently with this story. Several people have said I should try to get it published in some form or another so I've sent edited versions to people like my english teacher, and local companies and magazines but no writing competition will go near it becasue its too long to be published as a short story. Nearly all writing competitions ask for stories to be no more than 4000 words trouble is this is over 26000 worda already and its not finished so I've all but given up on that idea however I have posted it on other sites and reviews have been good so you never know
    I've decided this will be 50 parts long now including the epilogue so just 7 parts left. I go on holiday next thursday for 2 weeks but I'll try get this done before then.

Part 43

The blinding bright lights burned her eyes at first. She was warm and dry and safe and a million other things that had come to feel alien to her. The plain hospital sheets were itchy on her legs and Faith turned round trying to move them away. Sharon was at her side in an instant.
    Faith turned her head away,delaying the moment when she would have to face her mother for the first time in over 6 months.

Sharon: Faith? Faith honey are you ok.

Her voice was soft and light but Faith could hear the strain behind it. She shuffled round on the bed to face her mother who sat in a chair beside her. Sharon smiled gently at her, she looked as though she had been crying but Faith couldnt be sure.

Sharon: Seems like I've spent half my life at your hospital bedside in some way or another.

Faith gave a small smile and expelled air from her nose in a little half laugh. She tried to sit up and noticed for the first time how much she ached. She placed a hand on the bed to push herself up and accidently brushed her stomach as she went. Her face went white and she turned to her mother in distress, wondering how best to convey her concerns.

Faith: Am I...I mean am I ok. Is everything ok. Is my...my...my...

In the end she didnt need to, Sharon already knew

Sharon: The babys fine Faith.

Faith tried to look her mother in the eyes but found she was unable to meet her gaze. For the first time since she walked away from the abortion clinic Faith felt ashamed of herself. She wondered what her mother was thinking and for the briefest of moments she wondered what her father would have thought of the situation. Thjats what it was now. Or at least it felt that way. Her baby had just become a situation, something that had to be dealt with, a problem to be solved. It wasnt that people her age didnt have babies everyday, they did. It was that people like Faith didnt. She was from a good family, raised well in a good part of town and now she was just another member of the population that fell into the chatagory of a teenage mum with all the stigma that went with it.
    She finally raised her eyes to her mothers but was unable to read the expression on her face.

Faith: How...how did you know.
    Sharon: Well I must say the bumps a bit of a givaway Faith but apart from that I heard the nurses talking. They think everythings fine but their keeping an eye on you.

Faith dared to ask the question she was afraid to know the answer to.

Faith: Are you mad?

Faith looked to her mother with tears in her eyes and Sharons heart broke. She wanted to comfort her daughter but something was still holding her back. She settled for kind words instead.

Sharon:No Faith I'm not mad, just surprised.
    Faith: What do you mean surprised?

A tiny bubble of anger flared in sharons throat

Sharon: Well what am I supposed to be, yes I'm surprised. You go missing and then six months later i get a call from a random stranger telling me that my now pregnant daughter has been kidnapped by a homicidal maniac and could I come and save her pretty please.

Sharon finished her outburst by throwing her hands in the air and Faith couldnt help but giggle. Sharon scowled at her daughter before joining her in filling the private room with peels of laughter. However the laughing quickly slowed and died and Faith changed her voice, giving it a more serious tone.

Faith: A lot happened mum, a lot changed...I changed.
    Sharon: What did happen?
    Faith: I really dont want to talk about it now, and anyway, its not important, whats important is the future, me and my family and my baby.
    Sharon: The babys dad doesnt feature in this plan then.

Faiths heart stung at the loss of Jamie

Faith: He...he isnt around anymore
    Sharon: Oh I was under the impression that the young man waiting outside with your sister was the dad, he certainly cares a great deal about you.
    Faith: Huh?
    Sharon: There's a kid outside with Alyss, looks about your age, brown hair, green eyes, looks a bit beat up. Ringing any bells?
    Faith; Oh my god...he told me...he said...

Faiths eyes filled with tears

Faith: Jamie? Jamies here? He's alive?

Sharon was bewildered by her daughter reaction and offered a comforting pat on the bag, edging her chair forward.

Sharon: Well he was last time I checked sweetpea

Faith couldnt believe it. He was alive and her mum was here and wait...did her mum say Alyss was too? Everything was happening so fast, she was still trying to process the events of the last day but it was all becoming too much. The tears flowed without permission as Faith was reduced to a wash of tears in her mothers arms.

Next: Alyss and Jamie talk
    Last edited by squillyfer; 29-07-2006 at 18:53.

Yay its all ok! Jamies not dead You should try get it published, its so good! More asap please

Thread Information