View Poll Results: has Faith run her course as a character?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes time to say goodbye

1 100.00%
  • No, she deserves one more script outing

0 0%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Faithless

Faithless

Hi everyone I'm back after a month off from writing I'm back and rearing to go with my new script. Since the 'Keeping' scripts were so popular i have decided to do one more script using my character Faith Angela Rickman. In this script she will be 16 and the story will have a very different feel to it.

If you havent read the other stories they can be found here:

Keeping the Faith:http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ad.php?t=11479
    Keeping it in the family: http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ad.php?t=17631
    Keepsakes:http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ad.php?t=29554

I will try to post the first part tomorrow night

yeah brilliant oh i can't wait

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

oh yay i loved those scripts they were brill! cant wait to read this one
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

brilliant. can't wait for the new one.

Ok hi again everyone it feels good to be writing again although i think tha after this script i am going to have to put faith in the cupboard, I think i might be getting addicted to her. This really has to be the last one. lol Here's the first part. All replies good and bad welcome.

Part 1

Faith Angela Rickman woke with a start. She rubbed her eyes and shook her head trying to clear it of the nightmare she had just had. She swung her legs out of bed and shivered, glancing at her clock realised it was time to go anyway. 3 am thats what she had decided.
    She looked over to the sleeping form of her sister Alyss. Alyss was fourteen nearly fifteen and the most precious thing in Faiths world. Faith sighed and stood perfectly still as Alyss rolled over, letting her long plait if hair snake its way across her chest. As she watched her sleepig Faith came so close to changing her mind but it was too late. Things had gone to far for her to change her mind now. She couldnt stay.
    She brushed her blonde hair and let it fall into its natural ringlets before pulling on an old pair of jeans and tugging a pink t-shirt over her head. She knelt on the floor and pulled our her already full rucksack. She placed a creamy coloured envelope on her sisters bedside table and slipped out of the bedroom door.
    She tiptoed down the landing and peered into her brothers room. Ten year old Ryan and six year old Toby were fast asleep. Their room was a swirl of blue remenicent of Ryans thomas the tank engine days. Ryan had placed his collection of toy soldiers by his bed. Faith blinked hard. He was so much like their father. Faith glanced over to Toby and gave a wistful smile befor eleaving the room and walking down the hall to her other sisters room.
    Six year old Lillys room was as far from boyish as it could be with its bright pink walls and a wall of teddies and dolls. Faith walked into the room and kissed her sister lightly on the cheek. Lillys eyes fluttered open and Faiths heart skipped a beat.

Lilly: Faith, what time is it?
    Faith: Its very late Lils so you have to go to sleep ok and I'll see you in the morning.
    Lilly: What are you doing in my room?

Faith looked round for and excuse before snatching up one of the dolls that lay forgotten underneath Lillys bed.

Faith: I was just looking for this

She waved the doll close to Lillys face. Lillys eyelids drooped

Faith: Now come on go to sleep

Faith tucked her in and kissed her again before returning to the safety of the hall. Shuffing the doll harshly into her bag she let out the breath she had been holding and walked towards the stairs. She passed her parents bedroom but couldnt go in. She couldnt sya goodbye, she just couldnt.
    She hurried down the stairs, opened the front door and walked out onto the street. The harsh night air bit at her face as she pulled her scarf tightly around herself and headed down the road. She didnt look back not once. She loved them all but she couldnt stay, not now. It was different, they were different, they meant different things. Nothing would ever be the same again, not without him but life went on and her life wasnt there. They would carry on but without her. Life would go on, but without Faith.

Last edited by squillyfer; 06-02-2006 at 19:41.

Yay Faiths back! Brilliant start, more asap please

wow brill as usual! loving the first part, cant wait for more! i wonder where faiths going and why she has to leave?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thanks everyone I'll post more tomorrow

That was great! Can't wait to read more!
    Thanks to Abi for my fab avatar!

Thanks for the replies guys glad to know you still like Faith and that you've not got sick of her lol. As for your questions all will be revealed in time. Here's the next part.

Part 2

Faith stared out of the window of the train and watched as a blur of darkness rushed by, disrupted by the occasional flicker of light. Faiths watch read 4:10 am and most of the people in her compartment were asleep. The journey from her house to the train station had been short and Faith was glad of it. She was so mixed up inside. Part of her wanted to jump of the train at the next stop and get home as fast as she could, no one need ever know she was gone. The other part wanted to train to go on forever, the other part needed to be as far away from walford as possible. Nothing could ever be ok any more, not there.
    She train halted abruptly at the next stop and the doors slid open letting several people onboard. People walked this way and that as they tried to find a seat. Faith watched as a boy slightly older than her, probably about eighteen, slipped into her compartment. Faith let her eyes dart around quickly but soon came to the same conclusion as the boy. The only free seat was next to her. The boy walked forward and she looked at him more closely. He was tall with short brown hair and sparkling green eyes. A wave of familiarity washed over Faith and she shivered, looking away for a moment. The boy walked over to her and leant forward to talk quietly to her.

: Hi err is this seat taken?

Faith thought at the time what a stupid question it was. Of course the seat was empty.

Faith: No you can sit there.

Faith turned away and hugged her bag to her chest but it seemed the boy wanted to make conversation.

:Hi I'm David

Faith looked at him. Why was he talking to her?

Faith: I'm...

She thought about giving a false name but decided to be honest.

Faith: Hi, I'm Faith
    David: Faith? Thats a nice name
    Faith: Davids not so bad either

He gave a little snort fo dissaproval towards his own name and Faith smiled.

David: So where's a pretty thing like you going on a night like this.

Faith smiled again at his directness, she liked it and chose to tell the truth again.

Faith: Honestly, I dont really know. I'm following the line to Brighton and then...who knows?
    David: Brighton? Really? That makes two of us. I've got friends there. We could probably put you up for a few nights if you like?

Faith declined his offer but he told her to think about it.

David: So, if you dont mind me asking, how old are you?
    Faith: Seventeen, you?

The lie slipped from her lips easier than anything else she had said so far. Seventeen. It was only sixteen months out and Faith had always seemed grown up for her age, she knew she could get away with it, after all she needed to. People never seemed to be very happy at the thought of a fifteen year old girl walking the streets on her own. Besides she liked David, and when he revealed that she was right and he was eighteen she knew that if she wanted to keep talking to him then the truth was not an option. He was being friendly and right now she needed all the friends she could get.
    Everything had changed and she couldnt go home, not now. She'd lost everything that was important to her. She'd lost her friends, she'd lost her family, they hated her, she was failing at school, and the guilt...that was the worst thing. She'd lost one of the most important people in her life and it was all her fault...she'd lost her dad and it was all her fault.

Next part: Faith reaches her destination, will she take David up on his offer? And Sharon realises her daughter is gone.
    Last edited by squillyfer; 07-02-2006 at 16:33.

Thread Information