• Other Party

2 6.25%
  • Won't vote

5 15.63%
  • Total Apathy

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General election

I have to agree with Mordor on the proportional representation, here in Scotland we have a list top up system for the Scottish Parliement. This results in a coalition government where Labour are tempered by the LibDems. A good example of the benefits is the lack of tuition fees in Scotland, and also the free care for the elderly.

Another good thing is that groups such as the Greens have representation in Parliement. No votes are wasted. Currently for the Westminster Parliement if you don't live in a marginal constituancy then your vote is wasted.
    Last edited by Trinity; 01-05-2005 at 18:05.

Red face

Hi all im not going to get on my soap box at all and who you vote for is up to you but my hubby is a local conservative councillor and I stood locally but didnt get in (boo-hoo). My other half and I were with Michael Howard around three weeks ago and he is such a nice guy. He does tell the truth that is why he said that he would have also gone in for Saddam, he could have blagged his way out of it but he didnt. He talks sense and is not just trying to make himself a celebrity like Blair. If you dont know who to vote for this Thursday ask your self one question. When you go to the pub at night or pop up the shops in the dark nights do you feel safer now than you did 8 years ago, well I for one dont.
    Black Country Gal

Exclamation Vote now, or forever hold your peace!

If you don't vote then you have no right to complain about the government we get. Don't disenfranchise yourself. Vote for who you want to see running the country.

What I would like to know is how the Conservative think that buy cutting spending on public services is going to improve them?

I'm still in a bit of a quandry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shari
    If you don't vote then you have no right to complain about the government we get. Don't disenfranchise yourself. Vote for who you want to see running the country.
    I totally agree with you on this ,

People are always moan about who is voted in but if you dont vote in my opinion you have no right to moan,

i also think it is especially important for woman to carry on voting after everything our grandmothers generation went to to get us that right, dont throw it away,

Im still not decided who im going to vote for all i know is that i really dont want tony blair in for another 5 years personally i think another 5 mins is to long !
    [VIX :

Yup, I agree with Shari. I know its easy to have total apathy but the only way to make a difference is to go out and vote. Can you imagine what a difference it would make if the turnout was 90% instead of the expected paltry 56%. Just over half the population is going to vote - shameful.

i don't understand why howard and Blair are fighting over downing street when they are just as bad as the other
    Last edited by dddMac1; 03-05-2005 at 14:05.

I can't vote.. not my country but I know is Ireland, nobody really cares.. there is a lack of voting and then they complain about who is running the country. It always ends up been the same party all the time...

We did once go 3 months with no government, everything went well.. I say we should have kept it like that...

I just did the poll on the website Mordor suggested, it said I should vote for the Green Party.

I think the Lib Dem's will be up on seats this time around

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    I can't vote.. not my country but I know is Ireland, nobody really cares.. there is a lack of voting and then they complain about who is running the country. It always ends up been the same party all the time...

We did once go 3 months with no government, everything went well.. I say we should have kept it like that...
    What's the saying? "Anarchy rules!"

Thread Information