Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pauline's bovvered

Quote Originally Posted by eastenders mad
    thanks i wasn't sure
    i saw a pick of them in the sun mag when pauline asks joe to marry them. it was all a lie that he was leaving to go to dubie.
    Yeah Joe just said he was going to Dubai just so Pauline would accept his marriage proposal.

11 February 2006
    A NEW GROOM SWEEPS CLEAN

TO celebrate Enders' 21st anniversary, Pauline Fowler overcomes her doubts and marries Joe.
    Fowler The Growler has as many reasons as serial bride Liz Taylor never to marry again.

A widow for nine years, her husband Arfur brought Pauline more than her fair share of shame before he slipped off to that great allotment in the sky after 40 years of marriage. He robbed the Christmas club fund, spent time in jail, tried to top himself, and had an affair.

If his behaviour wasn’t enough to put her off the state of unholy matrimony, then just look at their offspring. Mark, Michelle and Martin The Moron were so far back in the queue when looks, brains and charisma were dished out they wouldn’t even make the grade as Big Brother housemates.

Throw in three illegitimate grandchildren – Vicki, Mark Junior and Rebecca – and you seriously have to worry about Joe Macer’s befuddled state of mind in getting involved in a family that’s this dysfunctional.

Whatever her appeal – and we can rule out any hanky-panky because her drawbridge is sealed shut on that account – Joe has pursued Pauline with such vigour that he even made up that story of landing a job in Dubai to force her hand in answering his proposal.

She may have fallen for his persistence, and his saucy salsa moves, but will she waltz down the aisle with him on Friday? Well, let’s be honest, who else would have her? This is Pauline’s last-chance marriage saloon…

And as it’s Valentine’s week, as well as the 21st anniversary of Enders, surely Pauline saying no would be unlikely…

Played by Wendy Richard, Pauline has become a formidable presence in this soap and now, if only because of her length of service, she’s the Square’s matriarch. And she’s of such a cheery disposition that a glare from her has been known to stiffen the contents of a bag-wash.

Even so, she still manages to enjoy a drunken hen night, even if Joe’s sullen daughter Megan glowers at her disapprovingly.

But come the big day, there is the customary hitch when Pauline has second thoughts, goes missing, and Dot has to take drastic measures to get them to the register office on time.

‘This is an emergency,’ Dot cries, leaping dramatically in front of Charlie’s black cab. ‘I am matron of honour. I am commandeering your vehicle on official business.’

Give it a couple of months, and poor Joe might start wishing that Charlie had never got his cabbie’s licence back

Soapbox, Mirror

Who wrote that article? Arfur's been dead for 10 years not 9, and they were married for 30 not 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer
    Who wrote that article? Arfur's been dead for 10 years not 9, and they were married for 30 not 40 years.

Oh oh do not shoot the messenger! It is from the soapbox of the Mirror online.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer

Pauline married in her 20's and she is now in her 60's so that makes it 40th years, plus everyone on Eastender says she has been alone for 9 years
    Super Mod

Arthur died in 1996, 10 years ago. Also they make out that they were married up until the Arfur's death, not until now, so that means they were married for 30 years.

that gonna be soooo cooooool yeh!!
    [SIZE=4][B]Luv Ya'll!

wow seriously!! lol...wouldn't it be funny if all she said was am i bovvered through the wedding vows bless. lol that cathrine tate is well good at discising (SP?) how do you know im not cathrine tate.

i saw a clip of the episode on this morning when dot says 'ive never been a bridsmaid before and pauline replysd well how would you like to be my matron of honour' i was like oh how sweet and my boyfriend called me sad!!#
    they showed some wedding pics too and betty was done up like a little bridesmaid
    Last edited by crazygirl; 14-02-2006 at 17:38.

betty !!! hahaha aint that her dog ? . oh dear !!! maybe she'll be the flowergirl . but dot aww how sweet !!!!!!!!

Thread Information