Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis

Thumbs up Lewis

Did anyone watch the Lewis drama on Sunday night. It was a one of with Lewis and a new partner solving a new case. I thought it was really good, but im biased as i new one of the actors. It had elements of Inspector Morse bought into it and was really cleverly done.

i thought it was really good had me gripped all the way through although i thin kit might have helped if you knew hamlet!?!

who did you know?

i thought this was brilliantly done. it was clever when lewis nearly got run over at the beginning, by a morse style jaguar! i really hope they turn this into a series.
    POOKIE

I really enjoyed it and would not have guessed who it was in a million years.I really hope that they do this as a series now.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    This was great - loved it when Lewis went to the auditions for the Endeavour Award, which had been bequest by someone (Morse obviously seeing as that was his name). It would be great to see this turned into a series - had pangs of the old Morse but new stuff too - hopefully it will return to our screens..

I thought that Kevin Whatley was really good.

won't be the same without the late John Thaw

i loved the comments about Morse, i think it would work as a series, It was good to see Kevin Whatley back on our screens. I think hes really good. The Partner who lewis had was good as well. I knew the girl who played the trumpet.

i didnt like lewis's partner to begin with but as the programme went on he showed a different side to him and by the end i thought they made a really good partnership.
    POOKIE

ITV’s Drama commissioning team today confirmed a new series of the hit drama Lewis starring Kevin Whately and Laurence Fox.

Following the success of series four of the detective drama this spring, four new episodes will go into production in July. Over nine million viewers watched the most recent series. The new series will once again feature Kevin Whately as Inspector Robbie Lewis with Laurence Fox as his partner DS Hathaway investigating murders against the glorious backdrop of Oxford.

The series, an ITV Studios production, is produced by Chris Burt who has been at the helm of all 16 films since the launch of Lewis in 2006.

Sally Haynes, ITV’s Controller of Drama commissioning said: “Lewis is one of our best loved dramas on ITV and viewers have seen the partnership between Lewis and Hathaway grow over the series. I’m thrilled that the duo is returning with some more great plots.”

Colin Dexter who created ITV’s Bafta award winning Inspector Morse is once again consultant on Lewis.

Recently, Kevin Whately said he doubted a new series would be made because it is "too expensive to produce".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-07-2010)

Thread Information