Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: university offers

It says informal on the webiste now that Ive checked it out and on my email when I followed the link it seems this interview it like part of some open day, well departmental open day too

I dunno, because the thought of an interview makes me feel sick and I get so nervous and Ive really had to have one before so maybe I should go for pratice?
    But at the same time its just gonna be a waste of money to go......I really dont know what to do

You wouldn't have anything to lose if you did go and it went good or badly. You'll still have all 4 of your other offers. It's up to you at the end of the day.

If it's informal, there really isn't much to worry about. They'll probably be talking to you quite a lot and will probably just ask you what your interests are and whether you have any questions on the uni or the course.. well, that's judging from my experience of an "informal interview"
    Last edited by DaVeyWaVey; 30-01-2009 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Oh holy crap!

I just got an email from sheffield and they want to interview me :S
    I can go online and pick one of their interview days!!
    congrats on getting an interview does it say if you need to prepare anything for the interview? you might get a letter about it nearer the time, thats what i got when i had to go to interviews. dont worry about it though as from my experience they arent as bad as you think theyre going to be
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I know but I dont think if they give me an offer Im gonna condsider it cos Ive already chosen my 2

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    Congratulations on your offers Abbie, Stars and Lea

I have two exams for Aberystwyth next week. If I do well in them, I get an unconditional offer and a scholarship. Also, I had my interview at Cardiff UWIC today.. I think it went alright just talked about what I've written and what texts I've read and studied.

I'm off to a Bangor open day next Saturday Yay, but I have to leave at like 6am from my house
    good luck
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (31-01-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    Oh holy crap!

congrats on getting an interview does it say if you need to prepare anything for the interview? you might get a letter about it nearer the time, thats what i got when i had to go to interviews. dont worry about it though as from my experience they arent as bad as you think theyre going to be
    No they said they were sending me a letter

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    Oh holy crap!

No they said they were sending me a letter
    oh right, maybe see what the interview will involve first, and although youve already picked, the interview could give you good experience, but it depends really what you wanna do if youve decided not to go there anyway
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

I dunno I need time to think, my mum was like: do you really want to go if youve made up your mind?

Anyway this morning Aberystwyth sent me loads more information and saying how Ive been accepted. It does look good there but its just way too small of an area for me. I mean I would have gone if I didnt get accepted into others and liked it, but I prefer the bigger areas

I dunno I need time to think, my mum was like: do you really want to go if youve made up your mind?

Anyway this morning Aberystwyth sent me loads more information and saying how Ive been accepted. It does look good there but its just way too small of an area for me. I mean I would have gone if I didnt get accepted into others and liked it, but I prefer the bigger areas
    You might as well go along, so at least you give it a chance. I barely gave Portsmouth a second thought, and i happened to come to a departmental open day, and fell in love with the place. You applied there for a reason, even if you think you've made up your mind already, you might as well give it a chance.

I know but at the same time Ive already been to an open day their and Ive seen the area as well as I went into town and I only put it on my application to see what would happen but as Ive been looking up my course and stuff I think I would better in my other 2 choices which I love
    The only reason Im not sure to go id for this interview but then I keep going back to the fact that I think even though it might be a good experience its gonna be a waste of time
    Sheffield is basically the offer Ive been awaiting to here from so I can start accepting the ones I want and declining the others

Thread Information