Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should school ties be banned?

I quite liked me tie, but a girl in my school did attempt to hang herself with hers, so I don't know.

also everyone in our school tends to have their tie not very short but not like long enogh if you get what i mean so teachers are always telling us to put them longer but we never do they can cause a lot of troub;e

I think ties should be banned, they could be dangerous to people and I don't think its fair that people have to wear them at school. At my school, girls dont have to wear one but boys do, which I think is a bit sexist.

i dont think thats sexist at all because girls dont generally wear ties like when your older and you go for an interview say if you are a girl you wouldnt consider wearing a tie you would wear maybe a skirt and blouse or something but i think that boys wear them beacuse it gives them practise because when boys are older tehy wear ties in meetings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shannisrules
    i dont think thats sexist at all because girls dont generally wear ties like when your older and you go for an interview say if you are a girl you wouldnt consider wearing a tie you would wear maybe a skirt and blouse or something but i think that boys wear them beacuse it gives them practise because when boys are older tehy wear ties in meetings etc.
    Yeah, I suppose lol, but the boys still think its shocking that they have to wear them and we don't, but I'm not complaining lol.

I was thinking this is what should happen Clo, I think it's a brilliant idea because if your getting a job or your job needs you to dress formally, when men where suits with TIES.. well yeah.. and ladies don't need to wear ties so yeah!!

i dont think ties should be banned just cos someone hung themselves with one, i mean he wanted to kill himself so he would have done so whether he wore a tie to school or not. i think people are just using the tie as an excuse really
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

i don't think ties should be banned cause if a person is that distraught about life and wants to end it then they would fine something else. Society should be pouring resources into finding out why so many young people take their own lives. I wore a school tie from the ages of 5 until 16 as the school unifrom was compuslory. Marley wears the school uniform everyday although she wears polo shirts instead of a shirt and tie because it is more practical when she has gym

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

We only have to wear ours for half a year, but at our school most of the students look more untidy as they have their tie hanging half way down their shirt because they don't want to wear their ties than what they do if they wear their polo shirt, so because of that and how they can be dangeous as people can kill themselves with them, but bullies could also kill fellow students with them so i think they should be banned.

I think the reason they want them banned is because of the symbolism of it, two of their friends are now dead and they used the tie. The school say the tie gives them individuality, in other words people can tell their from that school when their wearing them but at the same time they have to wear jumpers and polo shirts with the school logo on... it makes no sense.
    What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

Thread Information