Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should school ties be banned?

Should school ties be banned?

Following the suicide of a 13 year old boy from my estate the kids from the local comprehensive are refusing to wear their school ties to school as this is what he used, its the 2nd death in the last year in our area where a school tie was involved. Do you think they should be banned? A few of the pupils are going to start a petition against wearing them and I wondered what you guys thought about it?
    What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

i know someone who killed himself by his school tie, he was in my little sisters year. I dont think they should be banned as you dont expect this to happen its the children who have problems the ties dont make them. If they didnt use there tie it would probably been something else.

i don't think they should be banned but it should really be up to the schools to decide

Kids should be grown up enough to wear a tie. I think at primary schools its different as there younger but i think that the elastic ones are a really good idea. thats what the brought in at my primary school. Its safer, smarter, and easy for the kids to use.

i think they should as they can be used dangerously and especially girls shouldnt have to wear them as when in girls lives do we ever wear a tie apart from school days .... we dont .

dont think kids need to wear ties these days, they can look smart enough in shirt, school sweatshirt and blazer if necessary. even company's are dressing down these days. you dont even need a tie in the civil service!
    POOKIE

i don't think we do- well females anyway- we never wear ties apart from at school. but some of my teachers don't even wear ties, so i don't think so. although we look smart, it could save time becuase then they can stop telling us on up in off!!!

if female students like moi have to wear them why dont female teachers have to wear them?
    im back everyone!!!!!!

I don’t really know- he would have found something else to kill himself with- if the school tie is part of the unforium than it HAS to be wore.

I think it should be a option that the students have to say wheather or not they want to wear it if (the tie) if it not rule

I had to wear a tie to school but I never did

we get in a lot of trouble if we dont wear ours
    im back everyone!!!!!!

Thread Information