Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: making yourself sick....

making yourself sick....

i think my friend is making herself sick...she keeps saying she thinks shes fat and everyone says she's not !. everytime we sit n have lunch shes straight to the toilet after...and she goes about 3 or 4 times throught lunch and lunch is only 50minutes long ... what are the effects of making yourself sick ? will it make her lose weight, im worried bout her and i dunno how to help?

She may be suffering from bullimia she need's to stop this and get some help before she causes herself serrious damage

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

If she is making herself sick pretty soon her periods will stop, she will start losing her hair in spots, her teeth will start decaying because of the acid that is in vomit. This happened to my friend a few years ago and my other friends daughter is doing it now. She wont listen to anyone, shes less than 8 stone but still thinks shes overweight.

Try to encourage her to get help before its too late, if you have to speak to a teacher you can trust about it because maybe her parents dont know what shes doing.
    What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

thanks for this info. i've spoke to my mum bout it as she is friends with my mates mum, so if i talk to my mate and say for her to talk to her mum bout it before it gets out of hand if not my mum would be happy to talk to her, would this be the right approach? - i just want to help her, but im helping alot of other people at the same time im too confused on how to help !!

Yeh her mums probably already noticed somethings going on, ask your friend to speak to her mum about it or if she cant do that the school nurse or anyone, because its a psychological thing she probably wont see that she has a problem and she does need professional help.
    What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by xsteffx
    but im helping alot of other people at the same time im too confused on how to help !!
    Yeah you are and you're a great friend and Im sure they love you for it x Keep it up!! x

thnks spicy ! but it dont feel that way , it feels im making it worst for them all - ive lost the two friends i was trying to help over the "coke" issue. what if i lose this one aswell thank you for your advice myra...i will take it and talk to her ask her to talk to her mum and if not ill have to talk to someone for her.

ive just realised ive posted this in the wrong thread - sorry !!! its in the pregnancy and family section and not health.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteffx
    thnks spicy ! but it dont feel that way , it feels im making it worst for them all - ive lost the two friends i was trying to help over the "coke" issue. what if i lose this one aswell thank you for your advice myra...i will take it and talk to her ask her to talk to her mum and if not ill have to talk to someone for her.
    Well you tried your best to help them didn't you? You did the best any friend can do!!

Hope all goes well x

hmmm thanks spicy lemon

Thread Information