Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two returning mini-Mitchells and another Branning!

Two returning mini-Mitchells and another Branning!

EastEnders is set to welcome two new members to the Mitchell household over the coming months, with the return of Grant's daughter and Phil's son.

Courtney Mitchell, who is the ten-year-old daughter of Grant, will arrive back to Albert Square with her father at the end of March.

The character will be played by ten-year-old Megan Jossa. Courtney was taken to Rio by Grant after his wife Tiffany was killed in a road accident in 1998.
    \
    /
    \
    Phil Mitchell's son Ben will also be returning to the show, after his mother Kathy dies in South Africa. The character, who will be played by nine-year-old Charlie Jones, will be at the centre of a custody battle between Phil and Kathy's son Ian Beale.

Jim Branning's estranged son Max is also due to make an appearance in the coming months. He will be played by 33-year-old Jake Wood, who previously appeared in Doc Martin and Red Dwarf.

http://www.*********.co.uk/latest/news0601...ore%20Mitchells]*********[/URL]
    Last edited by Richie_lecturer; 18-01-2006 at 10:28.

my god i did not thinnk that courtney was 10 already

She's not. The actor is 10. Courtney is only about 8 years old, 9 at the oldest iirc.

I guess Courtney will only be around for as long as Grant is but it will be nice to see her.

I like that EE are trying to build up the existing families and I have no problem with Kathy dying either. I just hope Ben being back means that we will have less of the 'hardman' act from Phil. Seeing him scowling around the Square gets very old, very quickly. I'm not looking forward to the battle between Ian and Phil though, as inevitivly, it will involve Phil bullying Ian. Again.

Ian deserves it. I really can't stand Ian. How are they bringing back Courteney? Grant is married (I think, or he's at least in a serious relationship) and he has other children, so why aren't they all coming over?
    I do like that EE is extending the current families, rather than bringing in new ones, even if it does get confusing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saye2213
    Ian deserves it. I really can't stand Ian. How are they bringing back Courteney? Grant is married (I think, or he's at least in a serious relationship) and he has other children, so why aren't they all coming over?
    I do like that EE is extending the current families, rather than bringing in new ones, even if it does get confusing!!!
    We are certainly having an overload of characters aren't we?! Yes Grant is married, I heard that he was coming over with his wife, daughter and son. But maybe I'm wrong.

I think Phil should get custody of Ben. I don't really like him as a person, but he is Ben's father and Ian has already got 3 children to look after. I would have thought Kathy would have said who she wanted to look after her son in an emergency. Maybe she opted for her current husband and he dies along with her.

I think it's quite obvious that Ben will end up with Phil, in the long run. There's no way Ian stands a chance against Phil, his bully boy tactics have the desired effect on him.

I would guess that Phil will bully Ian for a bit, then Ian will give in after Jane has a word with him about already having three kids to look after, Phil being Ben's father etc, then Ben will stay with Peggy and Phil in the Vic.

I'm guessing Jim's son is not going to be a permanent character and I don't think Courtney will be staying around so I guess it is only Ben that will be permanent. I hope Grant's son and wife make an appearance as well. I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to explore Grant's family man side on his return so they might make an appearance but this article just does not mention them.
    Last edited by Florijo; 18-01-2006 at 11:44.

so many new characters....so little time...tho at least they're trying well, and as many people have said - they're extending families - the brannings, the wicks, the mitchells etc rather than bring in another miller or god forbid ferriera family type. good that we;re geting some younger characters too - when enders started they were about the first soap to have decent young characters - teenagers etc - the days of michelle, sharon, ian etc, now we'll have stacey, deano (yum), grandson branning, and some kids - but a storyline with ians kids would be good as we don't see them! ta!

with all these new characters comming into EE storylines are bound to suffer as a lot of the old stars wont have a lot to do as they can't have everyone on everyweek

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

That's great!!

Thread Information