Thread: Billy Murray receives death threat

Billy Murray receives death threat

EastEnders baddie Billy Murray has received a death threat in the post.

Murray, who plays gangster Johnny Allen, believes the letter came from a viewer who believes the soap is real life.

He said: "It was a proper death threat, all cut out from newspapers and stuck to a piece of paper.

"I had to hand it over to security.

"But that's what we have to put up with. These people absolutely believe it's true."

The BBC are investigating the letter.

Murray, 64, joined EastEnders last year and in recent weeks his character has been involved in one of the soap's most powerful storylines.

Johnny is suspected of being behind the New Year murder of Dennis Rickman, leaving pregnant wife Sharon overwhelmed with grief.

The gangster's snide comments have rubbed Sharon's nose in it.

And Johnny is causing further trouble by winding up fellow thug Phil Mitchell.

Murray is leaving the soap this year - and it looks like evil nightclub boss Johnny will finally get his comeuppance and be killed off.

The actor, who previously starred as DS Don Beech in The Bill, told Today with Des and Mel: "It's about time I went.

"I've been in it a year and it's extremely hard work. At my age, I can move on to something a little more placid."

Sorry if this has already been posted!

it has

Super Mod

Thread Information