Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deal or no deal

i don't really understand the rules of the game

I watch it most days and think it is a really good programme.

I want to join the 1p club!!!

Actually, i think i'd prefer £250,000, obviously.

my fav has to be maggot. He is so genuine and polite but at the same time is so himself. MAGGOT to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aerolou
    my fav has to be maggot. He is so genuine and polite but at the same time is so himself. MAGGOT to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the point of that post was?? think your in the wrong thread

just posting my opinion - was the first time i ever replied - but does not seem worth the hassle!

yes but it was in the wrong thread thats all i was saying - maggot has nothing to do with deal or no deal

Deal or No Deal, sponsored by the Lotto, hosted by Keith Barry starting on TV3 irish tv

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-11-2009)

Noel Edmonds and his highly-rated game show Deal Or No Deal are poised to quit Channel 4 after chiefs warned they were planning to cut the programme’s budget.
    Producers Endemol have been told by Channel 4 executives that they will not be able to match the current budget when the deal for the daytime programme runs out at the end of next year.
    And now both Noel, 60, and the gameshow have gained interest from other broadcasters, ranging from the BBC to Sky.

Channel 4 has been warned that it faces a funding shortfall of up to £150m a year, as it grapples with lower advertising and a fragmenting audience wrought by the digital TV switchover, and there are talks of a commercial tie-up between BBC Worldwide and Channel 4.
    Deal Or No Deal is estimated to cost £100,000 a show to make, costing £80,000 per episode for production and £20,000 going to Noel.

The television presenter films three episodes a day at a set of studios in Bristol, which were converted from an old warehouse.
    Sources at Channel 4 told how it was well known that budgets for daytime television were being cut amid a dwindling advertising market, with one producer saying: 'The programme budgets have to match the price of the advertising revenues. Endemol are aware of this.'
    While a source close to the show confirmed: 'Noel has been told about budget cuts, what he is most worried about is how this will affect the actual format of the show.

'They are talking about lowering the cash prize and other changes, which would completely change the tone of the show. But at the very least, he has said that he will be on the show for another 18 months.'
    Endemol had discussed negotiating a package deal for Deal Or No Deal alongside Big Brother with Channel 4 this summer until Channel 4 axed Big Brother.
    For Noel, 60, the game show marked his television comeback in October 2005 after five years away from the small screen.
    It was an instant ratings hit and still draws an average of 1.8 million viewers on a daily basis, even four years after its launch.

Deal Or No Deal offers prizes of up to £250,000 as contestants are asked to choose from 22 boxes, each containing different amounts of money - from 1p to £250,000 - while pitting their wits against The Banker.
    The programme has become the centre of Channel 4’s daytime schedule, and if it goes it will leave Channel 4 with a huge scheduling issue.
    It was revealed last week how longtime quiz Countdown had slumped to just 540,000 viewers, the lowest figures in its 27-year history, despite hiring Oxford graduate Rachel Riley and Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling to take over from Carol Vorderman and Des O’Connor.
    And to add insult to injury, Paul O’Grady, 54, has just defected from C4 to ITV after they told him budgets would be slashed for his daily 5pm show.
    The broadcaster wanted to cut the show's estimated £14.3m annual budget by a huge 60 per cent, the entertainer said, which would make it unsustainable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...dget-cuts.html

I like this show, it would be a shame if it was to go

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-11-2009)

Wasnt Olly from X Factor on this show at some stage?

Thread Information