Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Blackstock De Souza King (Nicola Wheeler)

Bernice soon grows envious and comes up with a novel way to join in
    Does she want a baby by Jimmy too

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (02-12-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 02-12-2014 at 15:04.

Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler is pregnant with her first child, it has been announced.

The actress, who plays Nicola King on the ITV soap, has already filmed her exit scenes and is now on maternity leave.

Fans have been speculating in recent weeks about the possibility that Wheeler might be pregnant, but it has now been confirmed for the first time.

Bosses are keeping tight lipped at the moment over Nicola's exit storyline and how she will depart the village.

However, scenes next week will see her and husband Jimmy run into some problems when Nicola is questioned over kidnapping Priya's baby Amba, after she offers to take her for a walk.

Will Nicola be won over by Jimmy?
    © ITV
    Nicola and Jimmy run into problems next week.

When Nicola doesn't return with Amba on time since they get locked in a barn, a panicked Priya raises the alarm and calls the police.

Although Nicola eventually returns with Amba, she is left deeply hurt when she realises that even Jimmy doubted her.
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-02-2015 at 10:44.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (17-02-2015), tammyy2j (17-02-2015)

Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler refused the offer of rejecting her character's miscarriage storyline following the discovery that she was pregnant.

The actress, who plays Nicola King on the ITV soap, is expecting her first child and has already gone on maternity leave.

Nicola reveals the truth
    © ITV

Viewers know that Wheeler's character Nicola King tragically suffered a miscarriage over the Christmas period, however, bosses gave the actress the choice not to go through with the plot due to her real-life pregnancy.

Wheeler told TV Biz: "Emmerdale would have changed the storyline if I wasn't OK with it, which was really nice. But you have a responsibility.

"Being pregnant is my private life but I'm hired as an actor to perform what they give me - and I do think it's an important part of pregnancy to show, because it is devastating.

"I've had friends who have had miscarriages and it's a really tough time to go through."

Nicola's gobsmacked by what the doctor tells her.
    © ITV
    Nicola suffered a miscarriage.

Although Wheeler decided to proceed with the storyline, she admitted that it has had more of an impact on her than she initially thought.

She said: "There's an element of you that thinks, 'If I'm doing a not-so-happy storyline, is that affecting my body or my baby?'

"Once I had released all that emotion I could stop after a take, touch my bump and feel my baby wiggling around and giving me a good old kick. When the scene was over, I could walk away and get back into the real world."

Will Nicola be won over by Jimmy?
    © ITV
    Nicola and Jimmy in Emmerdale

She added: "I think it was difficult for the actors in the scenes with me because I am there talking about losing a child, yet they can obviously see I am very much pregnant.

"The lady who came in to play the sonographer during the miscarriage scenes felt really strange. We were doing these scenes yet there I was, lying there with a big tummy."

Upcoming episodes this week will see Nicola and husband Jimmy run into problems when she is questioned over kidnapping Priya's baby Amba.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (23-02-2015), TaintedLove (23-02-2015), tammyy2j (23-02-2015)

Coming up on Emmerdale, Jimmy King desperately tries to convince his wife Nicola that their temporary move to Dubai isn't a good idea.

While Nicola is eagerly awaiting her opportunity to work abroad for six months, Jimmy (Nick Miles) is far from excited over the prospect of becoming a house husband for so long.

In a last-ditch attempt to put Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) off the idea, Jimmy holes himself up in the salon, strips off and places himself under a hairdryer.

When Nicola asks for an explanation, Jimmy claims that he is simply trying to acclimatise himself to the oppressive temperatures they will encounter in Dubai.

Jimmy also makes a show of having to drink non-alcoholic beer and shares his 'concerns' over poisonous insects in Dubai, but will this be enough to give Nicola food for thought?

Jimmy tries to manipulate Nicola
    © ITV
    Jimmy tries to manipulate Nicola

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Friday, March 20 at 7pm on ITV.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-03-2015)

Emmerdale airs Nicola Wheeler's temporary exit scenes next week as her character Nicola King heads off to Dubai for her new job.

The storyline allows the actress to take six months away from the ITV soap as she is currently pregnant with her first child.

Here, Nicola chats about her on-screen departure and whether this could be the end for her feisty character's marriage to husband Jimmy.

Has it been strange to play storylines about Nicola desperately wanting another baby while pregnant yourself?
    "I think it's been weirder for everyone else around me, especially when we did the hospital scenes after Nicola had a miscarriage but I had this big egg in front of me! Obviously the shots were all high enough so viewers didn't see my baby bump in the hospital gown. I was in the scene with Charlotte Bellamy and Sam Giles and they knew I was pregnant, but we had a lovely lady who came in to play the sonographer and she was surprised!

"It's a bit weird when you're saying, 'I wanted this baby' when you've still got a baby inside you. People were a bit freaked out, but you just take it in your stride, don't you? I found a quiet comfort in it because you're playing something that is so devastating but I could touch my baby and say, 'You're alright'. It's not something that's very pleasant for women to go through and I totally understand the devastation."

How have you hidden the baby bump?
    "Not very well, according to my Twitter feed! The hilarious thing has been the response on there! When people were asking if I was pregnant, I was so tempted to just say, 'No I've just put loads of weight on!' Nicola has been wearing a coat in lots of scenes and I've literally lived in scarves for the past two months!"

So Nicola's move to Dubai is your maternity exit...
    "Yeah, as Nicola has been given this job offer in Dubai for six months. She'll be working to set up a spa in a hotel with a guy called Rafe. We want Rafe in the show - I've already decided that he's a hunk! (Laughs.) Obviously Nicola does go to Dubai in the end, but it's whether or not her departure is with Jimmy's consent or whether it's in the midst of hatred!"

Does Nicola take Angel with her?
    "You'll have to watch to find out..."

Jimmy fumes to realise Nicola has been discussing selling his half of the haulage firm
    © ITV
    Nicola and Jimmy are at odds over Dubai

Why is Nicola so determined to make this move?
    "One big moment is when she loses her job at Home Farm for mouthing off, which pushes her in that direction. As far as Nicola's concerned after that, it's great - six months holiday and there's nothing stopping them from leaving. The pay is also excellent.

"I'm hoping Emmerdale are going to do a soap bubble in Dubai! I'm pushing for it, but I don't think it's going to happen! I'm also hoping Nicola comes back with Rafe!"

Are you definitely away for six months?
    "Yeah, I'm taking six months maternity leave. I'm looking forward to it. It's been great because Emma Atkins [who plays Charity] is also pregnant and our due dates are a day apart. The race is on now! We met up recently and said, 'We might see each other before we give birth, but if not, see you on the dark side!'"

Were you nervous about telling Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates about your pregnancy, in case it threw a spanner in the works storyline-wise?
    "Yeah. I think they already had the menopause story going ahead, so it was difficult. They were lovely and they did check if I was okay doing that story, but I said I was fine. You do worry because Emma and I both knew that each other were pregnant. Have you noticed it's all the women to do with Jimmy, because Adele Silva is pregnant too?!

"I think Emmerdale are great, though - it's a family soap and they're happy for their female or male cast members to take maternity or paternity leave. I'm excited about the pregnancy and it's a long time coming - I'm an old mother!"

Nicola's gobsmacked by what the doctor tells her.
    © ITV
    Nicola has featured in tough stories in recent months

Obviously you're leaving for now, but are you happy to stay on Emmerdale?
    "Yeah, I'm quite happy and I am coming back. Who I come back with and how I come back will be revealed. I will return to work in September and then Nicola will arrive back on screen in October, November time. Although I'm worried about baby brain - I've already got it now and Lucy Pargeter has said that it doesn't get any easier! I'm wondering, 'How am I going to learn lines with baby brain?!'"

Do you think Nicola will come to terms with not having another baby?
    "I think she'll learn to deal with it in her own way. She can be a bit of an escapist and this Dubai move is about channelling her anger into something else. Earlier in the year, she was literally attacking Jimmy to make another baby and now she's throwing herself into work.

"I don't know yet why Nicola is going to come back because her attitude when she leaves is 'After six months, who knows?' So I'm guessing she's going to mess up royally. She's going to do something wrong - it's Nicola style. She'll probably bankrupt their hotel!"

Nicola and Jimmy arrive at check in
    © ITV
    Nicola and Jimmy arrive at check in

We know there are some big scenes at the airport coming up...
    "Yeah, it's a big hoo-ha as to whether Jimmy is going with her or not. The thing for the audience is whether they part on good or bad terms. You'll have to watch to find out if they stay together."

Would you be sad if you came back to the show and Nicola and Jimmy weren't together?
    "If we do leave on very bad terms, I think it'd be interesting to play Nicola coming back and seeing whether they sort things out, whether they get back together or if they remain apart. Obviously they do have a child together so there'll always be a connection. It also depends on Rafe and whether Rafe is busy! (Laughs.)

"Nick Miles [who plays Jimmy] and I really enjoy our scenes together. We've got a great opportunity with our characters where they can be ridiculous in one episode and really touching in the next. I always think it'd be a shame if you can't get that back. I wouldn't want to be stuck with somebody I have to be too serious with!"

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (17-03-2015), lizann (18-03-2015), LizzyBizzy (17-03-2015), maidmarian (17-03-2015)

i will miss nico

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-03-2015)

jimmy needs his nico back for good

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-03-2015)

Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler gave birth to a baby boy last month.

The actress, who plays Nicola King on the ITV soap, welcomed her first child on March 13, but the news was only confirmed today.

Emmerdale aired Wheeler's temporary exit scenes last month as her character Nicola headed off to Dubai for her new job.

Wheeler has previously admitted that she continued with Nicola's miscarriage plot, despite the soap bosses offering to change it due to her real life pregnancy.

Congrats

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-04-2015)

Emmerdale spoilers: Nicola King has a confession to make when she returns

By Daniel Kilkelly
    Tuesday, Nov 3 2015, 00:01 GMT

Emmerdale's Nicola King will be hiding a secret when she returns to the village next week.

Nicola has spent the past few months working in Dubai, but she surprises her husband Jimmy (Nick Miles) by returning home earlier than expected.

Mystery surrounds the reason behind Nicola's unexpected change in plans, but it's not long before she confides in her best friend Laurel Dingle by revealing the truth.

Nicola Wheeler, who plays Nicola, explained: "Nicola ends up coming back to the village a little bit early, under circumstances that she's not willing to share. She only confesses the truth to Laurel.

"Nicola is pleased to be home, but she has a big confession to tell Jimmy and he's not going to be happy about it. She is coming home with her tail between her legs.

"The only teaser I will give is that Nicola has no money when she comes back. She's earned a lot of money but she returns with none, and there is a reason for that."

Although Nicola is nervous about the news she has to share with Jimmy, she is stopped in her tracks and keeps quiet when she discovers that he has sold their home without telling her.

Wheeler continued: "Because of what Nicola comes home to, her issues get put to one side and what Jimmy has done becomes a bigger problem. She goes nuclear when she finds out. She's furious, as you would be - it's like going away for a long holiday and coming home to find that your home has been sold from underneath you.

"Nicola is calling the shots and telling Jimmy that it's divorce time now. To add insult to injury, they've not only lost their home but they've lost all of their belongings too. She's even more infuriated when Jimmy seems to think that her money will help them out, whereas she knows that she doesn't have any."

With Jimmy in the doghouse, he soon realises that it'll take another grand gesture to get back in Nicola's good books.

Wheeler laughed: "All I'm going to say is that Jimmy and Nicola have always enjoyed a bit of a role play, so it'll be up to the viewers to tune in and find out what they'll be doing on this particular evening. It involves fruit - very large fruit!

"With Jimmy and Nicola, even when they're screaming that they hate each other, deep down they do love each other. Obviously there'll have to be confessions on both sides before things are mended."

Wheeler gave birth to a baby boy - her first child - in April and has spent most of this year on maternity leave. She returned to filming at the ITV soap a few weeks ago.

She said: "It's good fun being back. My first scene was insulting somebody, so it was great to be back as Nicola and being horrible again!

"It's hard work mixing motherhood and work and trying to remember my lines. Your memory is a muscle and it can be a struggle if you don't use it for a while. I've had massive baby brain, but maybe this will sharpen me up again!"

Emmerdale airs Nicola's return on Wednesday, November 11 at 7pm on ITV.

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...e-returns.html

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-11-2015), tammyy2j (03-11-2015)

Thread Information