Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: rosie and craig

Yes Sally does send rosie on her skiing trip with the school so craig and Rosie can split up for good. but it so will not happen

I don't think that they will split up for a while yet.

no because im new. it would be silly though

i know i hope it doesn't happen they are really good together. they should hurry up and turn 16 so they can be together properly.

Rosie and Craig

Unfortunately Rosie + Craig have got an 11 month wait ahead of them (assuming Craig is older than Rosie) as her 16th birthday falls on 24.12.06. I think that Sally + Kevin is testing them out. They want to know whether Craig only wants her for 1 thing or if he is genuinely serious about her. I feel that Rosie is doing the right thing, firstly by saying to Sally "I have homework to do" as she is aware that her grades have fallen due to the recent upset in the Webster household and wants to correct the situation, secondly by getting contraception to ensure that she does not get pregnant. However, I feel that the pill is not 100% reliable. She may forget or have a stomach ache and the contraception will fail. I feel she should have had an Implanon (norplant) rod fitted which would ensure that she would not fall pregnant for 3 years. This would at least allay some of Sally and Kevin's fears. If, when Rosie is 16 and they are both still interested in each other, their love might stand a chance.

What do you think?

jstevens1

I think a coil (or something which is equivalent to it) is quite a drastic measure for somebody so young. If Rosie's not happy about her mum giving her the morning after pill, what is the likelihood of her being happy about that? I don't think a doctor would suggest or allow such a thing for a 15 year old girl.

I don't think Rosie turning 16 would make any difference in Sally's eyes. They would be within the law if she was 16, but it doesn't stop your parents worrying does it? she'd have to accept it, but still she probably would still treat her as a child.

we learnt about this in school

Rosie and Craig

Dear LittleMo

In reply to" I think a coil (or something which is equivalent to it) is quite a drastic measure for somebody so young. If Rosie's not happy about her mum giving her the morning after pill, what is the likelihood of her being happy about that? I don't think a doctor would suggest or allow such a thing for a 15 year old girl."

You are right that an IUD would be unsuitable for Rosie. Doctors prefer to fit IUDs when women have had at least one baby. However, Implanon IS NOT an IUD. It is a little tiny rod that is fitted in the top of your left or right arm under local anaesthetic by your GP. It is not as invasive as the coil. It works by releasing the progesterone hormones into your bloodstream, therefore preventing pregnancy. This lasts for three years and will then need replacing. That is why I feel it is an appropriate method of contraception for Rosie.

jstevens1

Whilst i see your point, it may be wise for Rosie to try the injection before having the implant fitted, as it is quite a big thing to have done and then remove if she does not take well to that type of contraception. the injection lasts for 3 months,and is extremely similar to the implant.

Also the side effects of these kinds of contraception should be considered - for example many womens periods stop when taking it, or the alternative is that they are irregular and heavy.

Rosie would also still need to use condoms to protect agaisnt STD's

It's been sometime now and the storyline has died down a bit. But I read on the net that they do have sex again so who knows what might happened?

Thread Information