Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When Doctor Who meets Eastenders....

That's very good Abi.
    I think I might have to dig my Dr Who scripts out from the 80s

Thanks Nb!

Scene 8

Inside the TARDIS

Doctor: Right. This needs to go over here (Places it on floor, next to the heart of the TARDIS. He starts attaching random clips and gadgets to it)
    Rose: What’s next?
    Doctor: Well for a start, you get out of here
    Rose: What?
    Doctor: Well last time the TARDIS was opened, you looked into it, and I used up a regeneration!
    Rose: but…. i….erm…….wont…
    Doctor: Just do it. I’ll sort this one out.

(rose walks out of the TARDIS in a kind of sulky way. The Doctor continues switching buttons etc. He runs over to near the door, and pushes a final button. The room fills with a bright green light, and a screeching noise. Meanwhile……)

Peggy: ‘as he done it? Has that bloke sorted my Phil yet?
    Rose: I dunno. The doctor….. he rejected me….
    Peggy: The doctor, you say. Doctor who?
    Rose: (irritated) I dunno, ok, just leave it.

(The Doctor opens the door and comes out of the TARDIS, leaving the door open)

Rose: Done it?
    Doctor: What do you take me for? Cause I’ve done it! Remember what I told you earlier. 900 years (Smiles in a comforting way)
    Peggy: Where’s my Phil then? Why they all still like this?
    Doctor: ah
    Rose: Ah what?
    Doctor: Well, I sorted the source out. That’s all gone, so we’re not going to be attacked by it. But until we find the actual alien, they wont recover.
    Rose: Come on then! Lets just get on with it.
    Doctor: well its not that simple. When I told you that it was still around, I meant the source. The alien could have gone days, even months ago. It could be around here, or it could have left this solar system. Who knows?!? (Laughs)
    Rose: This aint funny. You can’t leave them like this. Think about the fans. They don’t want to watch a programme just about Peggy Mitchell
    Peggy: Oi!
    Rose: Well its true. You can’t just leave them like this. Think, Doctor, think. What can we do?
    Doctor: Hang on. You can only transfer energy from a distance without interference
    Rose: Meaning…?
    Doctor: They could only have done it without actually coming to the square if there was no interference from those little phone things and stuff.
    Rose: So they had to come here, because it was inside, with interference
    Doctor: Exactly
    Rose: Remember the slithin? They could take over peoples bodies, and do whatever they wanted.
    Doctor: and…
    Rose: Nah, don’t worry about it…
    Doctor: Hang on, maybe your onto something….. maybe…..

(Both look at each other, knowingly)

Doctor: Where’s she gone? Peggy?!

very good script carry on

Thanks. I'm doing another bit, it'll probably be finished tomorrow, or late tonight. Not sure yet, as i have, like 3 different ways in my head of ending it, and all of them start in the next scene so....

Scene 9

(Rose and Doctor are searching the square for Peggy)
    Rose: She couldn’t have gone far
    Doctor: I don’t care how far she’s gone. The point is, we don’t know where she is, and if we don’t know where she is, then she could be doing anything
    Rose: Like plotting against us?
    Doctor: What d’ya mean?
    Rose: Well you said it yourself, maybe it’s a slithin
    Doctor: I didn’t say that! You said that. What you said about them being able to take over human bodies is true, that could be happening now. But I don’t think so.
    Rose: So you think…..?
    Doctor: What I think is happening is besides the point. We need to find her. Shes important. The fact that shes the only person that wasn’t affected must mean something.
    Peggy: I doubt it (Steps out of the train station)
    Rose: Why the hell did ya go in there?
    Peggy: Why not?! I ‘ave my own life, I aint gotta tell you everythin, ave I?
    Doctor: Hardly the time to go on a power rage
    Peggy: Shut it you. You’ve come in here, not even bothered to introduce yourself to me, then tell me whats been going on around me! All I know about you is some title that this woman gave away. What makes you think that I’ll trust you, when the only thing I know about the pair of you, is that you’re a Doctor, and you have a blue box!
    Doctor: Not a doctor, the Doctor, pleased to meet you, by the way (Puts hand out to shake it)
    Peggy: I’m not interested in anything you’ve got to say, “Doctor”. And you young lady….
    Rose: Yeah, I’m Rose Tyler, and I’m a big fan, Mrs Mitchell
    Peggy: Your just like my Sam you are…..
    Doctor: Nice….Domestic….
    Rose: (jokingly) hardly!
    Peggy: So what do ya want with me, then eh?
    Doctor: I find it suspicious that you’re the only one that wasn’t affected (Peggy goes to interrupt, but the Doctor doesn’t let her, and continues) and even though I don’t think that its oyu controlling this (Glances to Rose) your involved.
    Peggy: Well its news to me, I’m telling you!
    Doctor: But that’s the thing. I don’t think it is. Now it’s the time for the truth, Peggy. And if you don’t say it, then I will.

Scene 10

Rose: Wait a second; You know whats going on? Why don’t I?!
    Doctor: Because your not a 900 year old time lord
    Rose: I thought we were a partnership!
    Doctor: Get some perspective! Now’s hardly the time for you to go on a power rage as well!
    Rose: (mockingly) Sooooory
    Doctor: Put a sock in it, you. So, Peggy, spit it out
    Peggy: No
    Doctor: What do you mean ‘no’
    Peggy: No
    Doctor: Well I guess its down to me then.
    Rose: Get on with it, no wonder your 900 years old, you take your time so much
    Doctor: So its like this then. It’s a normal day, your serving your punters and going around your normal, and frankly quite boring, life. Then strange things start happening. People go mad at each other, have affairs, and kill each other. No one notices, but life gradually turns into a soap. You ignore it, and leave the area a few times, but every time, something drags you back. Then recently, you can’t handle it, when a man tells you that he can settle the area down, and make it livable again, you jump at the chance. You leave him in the pub to do whatever it takes. And he does. That’s right isn’t it? You gave your pub to someone else, because you were so desperate to free yourself. You gave up the pub, didn’t you?
    Peggy: (Stumbling, obviously gobsmacked) I…..erm……..well kind……..sort of.
    Rose: Well it either happened, or it didn’t, unless….
    Doctor: Unless what?
    Rose: Unless you gave the pub up, but not because you wanted to, because you had to had to…..because of the man….because he was an…
    Doctor: Alien
    Rose: But why? This alien, or whatever it was must have had a reason to come here. Whats so special about here
    Doctor: (looks to Peggy) because of the ghosts. Aliens can sense that kind of activity. Some are attracted to it, and use it as a kind of breeding ground to stem from. You said it yourself that this area is your worst nightmare. You’ve seen so much over the past few months, so your beginning to sub consciously pick up on these things. From the moment we stepped out of the TARDIS you knew something was wrong. Rose- you’re the key. You can solve this.

(Rose looks gob-smacked and slightly confused, as though she doesn’t know what the Doctor wants from her)

Scene 11

(Rose is pacing the square, thinking about what the Doctor said about how she can solve this problem. The Doctor is still with Peggy, however all of them are silent to start with)

Rose: I don’t see what I can do. I’ve seen some stuff, but that don’t mean I can solve something like this.
    Doctor: I know you can sense it. You can solve it. Think, Rose, think.
    Rose: Well if there is some kind of alien around, and I could sense it, I’d be really scared…. No, not scared, just worried…. To go near it….
    Doctor: yeah….
    Rose: So if there is something in the square that I don’t want to go near, then that might be where the Alien is.
    Doctor: actually….. maybe…
    Rose: Actually what?
    Doctor: The man that same into the pub was the alien. He got the control. He transferred energy to the statue. Then he would have left, but before he did that, he would have left something here so that he can control the area from the distance. Remember what I said about they can’t transfer energy from a distance? Well they wouldn’t exactly want to hang around to replace any of the energy.
    Rose: There’s some kind of device here, that’s controlling the square
    Doctor: Exactly
    Peggy: But what?
    Doctor: That’s the question.

Scene 12
    (Rose is rushing around the square, searching for the device)

Doctor: Rose, calm down, just think about this
    Rose: Leave it, I can’t sort this. You said it yourself….
    Doctor: Not if you go rushing around. I mean you can sense these things, but your not that good….
    Peggy: oi, leave er alone
    Doctor: Just stop for one minute. (Rose stops, and looks at him) What part of the square were you most resistant to go to?
    Rose: (Pauses and thinks)…….the vic! I didn’t want to go in the vic, but you told me that nothing would happen.
    Doctor: So if that statue is a significant feature of the vic, then you need to find another one, because they probably hid it in there.
    Peggy: Would it have always been here?
    Doctor: Maybe, they might have taken it, implanted a grantola device, that’s the thing we’re looking for, then put it back.
    Rose: So something that was there, then went, then came back again.
    Doctor: Yup, you got it
    Peggy: I would have noticed if that happened, Doc
    Rose: The pool table.
    Doctor: The what?
    Rose: That green table in the vic, near the statue.
    Peggy: you did act all….strange when you went near that statue. ‘member? You mocked the doc with ‘oooh, I’m sooo scared’
    Doctor: Rose! You’ve got it!
    Peggy: but I would have noticed if it kept disappearing. Everyone would have.
    Rose: They might have done, but do you really think they’d care?

this is great! you've captured the nature and personalities the doctor and rose perfectly

and i wonder... when you write this, which doctor do you imagine doing it?

Thread Information