Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Doctor Who meets Eastenders....

Lightbulb When Doctor Who meets Eastenders....

This is, like, my first ever script. So it could be very bad- comments on how to improve are more than wellcome...

I was wondering what would happen if the Doctor, Rose and the TARDIS landed in Albert square yesterday, and i came up with (what i htought to be at the time, but probably isn't)quite a good story. I'm nearly finished, so thought i'd post the first few little bits on here.

As i said, i'd love some tips on how to improve. Just remember that this is doctor who, so some of it requires imagination. i can't really get around that lol

Scene 1
    Opening shot of the tardis falling to earth. It lands outside the vic doors next to Martins stall. Inside the Tardis, the Doctor is talking to Rose;

Doctor: We’re here
    Rose: Great. Lets go and see whats out there (Walks towards the door. Doctor pulls her back)
    Doctor: Now I have to warn you. This place could be the worse we’ve visist. Theres some awefull animals here. Those who you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy. Keep your guard up. Beware.
    Rose: What d’ya mean? Come on, Doc, I’ve seen loadsa things….. Nanogens, Slithin, Auton, darleks….. This place can’t be any worse (Sniggers slightly)
    Doctor: Rose. Do you really think I’d bother warning you if it wasn’t worth it? No, so shut up and get walking.
    Rose: Hang on. Every other place w’ve landed, we’ve just come across trouble. How d’ya know we’re gonna find any here?
    Doctor: I’m the doctor. Cause theres gonna be trouble. I’m not the queen you know, trouble just seems to….follow me around like a Bad Wolf.

Scene 2
    Rose and Doctor walking out of the tardis doors.
    Rose: See. I told ya it wasn’t as bad as all that.
    Doctor: I’m never wrong, Rose. Well, maybe. There was that time with the Daleks….
    Rose: What time?
    Doctor: Well….i…..erm…… nearly killed you…… but lets not that ruin a good day!
    Rose: What the fuc….(Doctor puts his hand over her mouth)
    Doctor: Shhhhhhh ( Spots something on the other side of the square. Looks concerned. Rose goes to shout at the Doctor for telling her to shut up, but then also spots it.)
    Rose: Doctor…..
    Doctor: Rose….
    Rose: This is my wosrst nightmare…
    Doctor: How d’ya know. We’ve only just started!
    Rose: Aint ya ever seen Eastenders? That’s where we are! Its my worst nightmare….
    Doctor: Forget about all that. It can’t be as bad as your mother’s cup of tea.
    Rose: Which saved yo…..
    Doctor: In the words of Catherine Tate, Am I bothered?
    Rose: Well you should be
    Doctor: Rose. Shut it. Can’t you see whats going on around you? Look.
    (Doctor points to the bench ‘of tears’. On it is some kind of alien, which resembles Alfie Moon. The face is liquefied, its skin droops right down, and all of his features are unrecognisable. He also appears hypnotised)

Scene 3
    Doctor walks towards Alfie. Rose pulls him back.
    Rose: Don’t you even think about going over there. You always do this. You go and get nosey, then leave me to save the day!
    Doctor: Hardly! I’ve survived for 900 years without you. That never stopped me.

(Pulls his sleeve away from her. Walks over to Alfie, and pulls screqdriver from his pocket. He bends down next to him, and goes to check whats happened to him, using the screwdriver. Alfie moves from the hyponotised state he was in, and like a vombie, stares at the Doctor, emotionally. A mental message passes between the two, telling him to leave.)

Doctor: Rose, check the houses. See if anyone is in there, and ask them if anything strange happened here recently. Whatever happened to Alfie has given him some kind of mental powers. Its strange enough for a human to have it, but an Eastender? Do they even have a brain?
    Rose: oi, don’t be so rude! Your talking to a Londoner ‘ere!

(Rose knocks on various shop windows, and peers through doors. Inside the minute mart is Patrick, in the same state as Alfie. Inside the Landerette, is another one, resembling Dot)

Rose: (Shouting over to the Doctor) They’re all like it! All of them!
    Doctor: Have you checked the Voc?
    Rose: Not yet. Gimme a sec

(Rose walks to the Vic, opens the door. Around 7 of these creatures are in there)

Rose: No, there’s no life in ‘ere either.

(Goes to shut the door, when from the door, when something catches her eye behind the bar)

Rose: Wait. No. DOCTOR! Theres Something in ere!

Scene 4

Doctor has now joined Rose outside of the vic

Doctor: Come on then. Lets take a look.
    Rose: Well do ya think its safe? That Alfie moved. They could kill us!
    Doctor: These aren’t aliens. They’ve been taken over by aliens. They have no control over their speech, appearance, nothing. These can’t harm us.
    Rose: So whatevers caused this has left?
    Doctor: Yes. Well, maybe. Probably. Possibly. Erm……… no. The odds are that its still around. So what you waiting for!?

(Both enter the Vic. Doctor goes to the place behind the bar that caught Roses eyes. Someone is there….)

Scene 5
    Doctor: Peggy?
    Peggy: Gerrouttta my pub!
    Rose: What the hell is going on around here? What’s happened to everyone?
    Doctor: Thank you Rose. I’ll ask the questions.
    Peggy: Get out, before I throw you out!
    Doctor: A little thing like you? Don’t make me laugh!
    Peggy: I have more power then you think, ‘love’, now get out!
    Doctor: Ah yes, well that seems evident, doesn’t it.
    Rose: What d’ya mean Doctor?
    Doctor: (to Rose, but looking at Peggy) Well don’t you find it funny that every single person in the square has been affected by this source, apart from dear old little Peggy?
    Rose: So what you saying?
    Doctor: You wanted a source Rose. You’ve got it. (Points screwdriver at Peggy in defence, in case of attack.)
    Rose: You’re having a laugh, right? You really aint seen Eastenders. Peggy can’t do a thing like that. She has no power, just a couple of stupid sons This couldn’t have been her
    Peggy: Don’t I get my say?
    Rose and Doctor: Yeah
    Peggy: I aint done nothing wrong. How could I? Without my Phil, I’m nothing.
    Doctor: And?
    Peggy: And this wasn’t my fault. This pub has always been cursed, bad things happen in here. Its where this whole thing started ya see. Alfie was in here, and then something came over him. He went home, and then today I found him on that bench. Everyone has come down with the same thing. Now they’re all like this!
    Doctor: And why aren’t you? Like that I mean.
    Peggy: Well how am I supposed to know! Anyway, I meant it. Get out! You come here, nosing around, butting into other peoples business. Well I don’t like it. So go.
    Doctor: No.
    Rose: We’re gonna solve this
    Doctor: Whether you like it
    Rose: Or not

Scene 6
    Doctor is pacing the vic

Doctor: So if everyone apart from you has been affected by this, then this source must be targeting this area, but protexting you.
    Rose: Obviously
    Doctor: So what would be protecting you?
    Peggy: you mean a ghost?
    Doctor: I don’t know. I doubt it. Ghosts don’t have this much power to cause this must destruction in such a small area.
    Rose: Maybe its something that she hasn’t come across yet. Like a proper monster. Maybe she hasn’t been found yet
    Doctor: Good point, but I doubt it would be a proper monster. They leave trails, and this hasn’t. Besides, Alfie just cam down with something.
    Rose: It could be a gas
    Doctor: Or something in here
    Peggy: I’ve already told you, it wasn’t me!
    Doctor: I’m not saying that
    Peggy: You mean, something in this pub is killing all these people
    Doctor: yes and no. Something in this pub is doing something to all these people. But they’re not dead. They soon will be if we don’t destroy the source
    Rose: So what would have attacked Alfie. And how?
    Doctor: What was he doing before he got ill?
    Peggy: Well he came in here, he was ce;berating him and Kat getting back together. He was happy because they’re going to America togther. It’s his dream. Well, it was his dream.
    Doctor: What did he touch, drink, eat?
    Peggy: How am I meant to know?! All I remember is what I’ve told you (Pause) but he did leave. I mean, properly. He always kissed the Queen Victoria statue before he left. That’s the last thing he did. Kiss the statue.

(i've done a script on dr who meets eastenders before and i was going to do it again but you've done it!!!!! it's really good by the way )
    LOOK OUYT WORLD! DOLPHIN DRAMA QUEEN IS COMING THROUGH!

Thanks! I knew someone had done one before, but i had a 3 hour car journey yesterday, so i wanted something to do, and this story came to my head....

Next bit...

Scene 7

Looking at the statue thing

Rose: So this is an alien. Well boy, you’ve done it this time. I’m so scared! Ha!
    Doctor: This isn’t the alien, but it’s the source
    Rose: What d’ya mean? They’re the same thing
    Doctor: Whatever is controlling this isn’t doing it itself. Its transferred its energy to this, knowing its significance in this pub. When Alfie kissed it, he got some of the energy. This was transferred to other people, probably by drinks, glasses, hugs, you know what I mean.
    Rose: So how do we destroy it?
    Doctor: well you get rid of the energy, and this part of the problems solved.
    Rose: Smash it up?
    Doctor: (laughs) No! That would release the energy, then it would attack us. All we need is a bigger energy source, which can take and destroy it….
    Peggy: The sun?
    Rose: The tardis!
    Peggy: The what?!
    Doctor: rose, you’re a genius! The Tardis! Peggy, bring that with you (Points to the statue and walks towards the door)
    Peggy: Me? Your ‘aving a laugh!
    Doctor: Do I have to do everything around here?

(Picks up statue, and with Roses help, drags it to the TARDIS. Peggy follows.)

Doctor: Pegs, stay in there. We don’t need you right now.
    Peggy: Charming!

abi this is fantastic, first time - you need to keep doing them they are superb!

with you love of dr who you could do a conuntinung drama with the pair travelling the universe fighting aliens! and i for one will read them! keep up the good work!

Thanks!! Rose is quite hard to write, because shes not exactly dumb, but shes not intelligent either. I'm pleased with the Doctor though. The next bit will be up in a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by Abi
    Thanks!! Rose is quite hard to write, because shes not exactly dumb, but shes not intelligent either. I'm pleased with the Doctor though. The next bit will be up in a bit....
    your certainly captuirngf the doctors expressions and sense of humour in his speech, im sure youll get used to writing rose soon enough

Hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Abi
    Hopefully!
    trust me it will over time, with devon seas i am now having the case where the characters are telling me what to right rather than me telling them what to say...you just gain an understanding of their personlaities, aswell as their lexical and syntacical structures of utternace (god i really should stop using A Levl English terms! )

Thread Information