Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: John Savident (Fred Elliott) leaving Corrie (?)

I think they did this for a reason though. Fred's always been a bit of an unlucky character when it comes down to happiness and it was a bit obvious that something tragic like this would be his exit. I agree that a 'lived happily ever after' ending would have been nice but realistically that's never what Fred's been about is it.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Tearful farewell for Corrie favourite

Coronation Street will say a tearful farewell to loudmouthed butcher Fred Elliott next week when he tragically dies on his wedding day.
    The soap favourite played by actor John Savident is seen lying in a coffin on the day he is set to wed fiancee Bev Unwin, played by Susie Blake.
    The dramatic twist is the culmination of a difficult period for Fred who finds himself struggling to come to terms with his feelings for Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) after she reveals that she still loves him.
    Audrey, who turned down his proposal of marriage years ago, has now said she would happily agree to be his wife, leaving Fred not knowing which way to turn.
    Savident announced his decision to leave the soap last December for "personal reasons" having joined in August 1994. He suffered a personal attack in his home a few years ago which forced him to miss key episodes of the series.
    His last appearance in the long-running show will be screened on ITV1 on October 9.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

It will be a sad loss I say it will be a sad loss.

Thread Information