Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Savident (Fred Elliott) leaving Corrie (?)

Exclamation John Savident (Fred Elliott) leaving Corrie (?)

Breaking news at this odd time of day.

What a shame if true. That would be a huge loss.

Fabulous News! There's far too many comedy characters in Coronation Street, and the sooner most of them go, the better!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    Fabulous News! There's far too many comedy characters in Coronation Street, and the sooner most of them go, the better!
    I will be sorry to see him go. I find his character more sad than comedic. You cannot help but feel sorry for Fred
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

fred to quit???

Coronation Street star John Savident is considering quitting the show.

The actor, who plays butcher Fred Elliott, has apparently told close friends that he does not wish to sign a new contract next year.

"John is telling everyone he is becoming rather fed up," one source told The Mirror. "People think John is just like Fred in real life but they couldn't be more wrong. He is a classical actor and he says he is missing the stage and theatre terribly.

"He has been a massive hit, bringing back the humour with his repetitive phrases and clumsy philandering. The viewers love him but from the way he is talking 2006 could well be his last year with the soap."

Another insider added, "It won't be an easy decision for him because he has enjoyed himself over the years."

The rumours follow reports from last weekend that Johnny Briggs, better known as Mike Baldwin on the soap, will be leaving next year.

hes leaving? i say i say hes leaving? all the good characters are going...i say i say...

Two threads merged

good luck to him.
    But who will buy the Rovers off him, Cause Shelly is leaving and Sean is only going to be made manager.

Maybe Betty might buy the pub, but i doubt she will.

I don't think Sean could afford to buy the pub, and I don't think Betty would want it. Mike Baldwin is the obvious choice, but as he's leaving as well, it won't be him.

Maybe Dev could buy it. I heard a while ago he was leaving, I'm not sure if he is now. Or there's Steve, or maybe Lloyd. I'm trying to think of people who currently own businesses.

I suppose they may want Jack and Vera back in there again. They were good.

All I can say is good riddance. The actor fab the character just gets on my nerves!

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    I don't think Sean could afford to buy the pub, and I don't think Betty would want it. Mike Baldwin is the obvious choice, but as he's leaving as well, it won't be him.

Maybe Dev could buy it. I heard a while ago he was leaving, I'm not sure if he is now. Or there's Steve, or maybe Lloyd. I'm trying to think of people who currently own businesses.

I suppose they may want Jack and Vera back in there again. They were good.
    it would be perfect to introudce a new family, or couple, to be at the centre of all the action and spice up the show a bit.

Thread Information