Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Spoilers - 2006

Oh my god I cant wait to see it here in the uk.
    I love neighbours the best out of the soap.

well well well!!looks like fab 2006 for neighbours.....

16/01/06 to 20/01/06 - Week 2

Harold takes his secret tormenting of Paul to a new level.
    Paul's anxiety threatens to overtake him.
    Dylan's business venture gets off to a bumpy start.
    Paul is crippled by his anxiety.
    Kim and Dylan's father and son surfing trip turns to disaster.
    Harold realizes that hate has turned him into Paul.
    Max takes drastic measures to save Steph's life.
    Boyd makes a horrifying discovery in the surgery files

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    These sound fab - I might have to start watching it again!!!
    i was thinking that too!!!

I didnt realise serena, david and lilijana died omg!!!!

And harold strangling paul, is going to be great to watch!!

all of this sounds great!!!

I didn't know Lil, David and Serena all died in the plane crash When will the plane crash air here in the UK anyone know?? and poor old Steph i remember watching when she had breast cancer before. I hope she will be ok and all the other storylines look good. I hope Susan and Karl get back together

This all looks really good!!!! Thank god for being a stay at home mum!

aww poor steph.some real tearjerkers to come,consistenly coming up with excellent storylines..keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by daveywavey
    I didn't know Lil, David and Serena all died in the plane crash When will the plane crash air here in the UK anyone know?? and poor old Steph i remember watching when she had breast cancer before. I hope she will be ok and all the other storylines look good. I hope Susan and Karl get back together

cant be long now for it to air here. i hope they get together again as well they belong together

Steph's Sacrifice
    With her own life under threat, Steph makes a shock decision to protect her unborn baby

Steph and Max's worst fears are realised when Neighbours returns for what looks set to be another explosive year in Ramsay Street. The young couple are devastated when tests confirm that Steph's breast cancer has returned! But Steph, who's several months pregnant with her longed-for first child, will make a shock decision that will cause massive problems between her and her husband, Max (Stephen Lovatt). For while doctors are optimistic that, with treatment, Steph will make a full recovery, Steph vows that if there's even the smallest risk that her baby will be harmed, she'll refuse that treatment. It seems Steph is willing to die to save the life of her unborn child!

"Once's it's confirmed that the cancer has come back, she makes the decision not to have chemotherapy while she's pregnant," explains Carla Bonner, who plays Steph. "If there's even a slight chance that it could affect the baby, she won't take that chance. It's not even an option for her, because she could never forgive herself if something happened to the baby." As Carla says, Steph has desperately wanted a child of her own for so long. "It's a miracle to her that the conception happened in the first place," she explains. "There's just no way she's going to risk doing anything which could jeopardise her dream of becoming a mother. She's just doing what comes naturally, which is protecting her baby, but there's a huge risk that the cancer is going to spread rapidly through her body and she's willing to take that risk."

However, Max couldn't be angrier with Steph for deciding to refuse treatment. Having already lost his first wife to a deadly heart disorder, Max is terrified that history looks set to repeat itself with his beloved Steph. "He's shattered, he's furious and also confused," Carla says. "He doesn't understand why she's doing it." Max becomes even more enraged when he realises that his sister, Izzy (Natalie Bassingthwaighte), and his teenage son, Boyd (Kyal Marsh), both support Steph's decision. "Izzy feels like she was once in a similar situation to Steph," explains Natalie. "At the same time, Izzy did anything she could to protect her baby (which she eventually miscarried). She lied and cheated to protect her unborn child."

As for Max, however, he declares to a deeply shocked Steph that, if he were forced to choose, he values Steph's life over the life of their unborn baby. "That causes major conflict between them," Carla says. "She's devastated. But Steph has connected with the baby while it's growing in her tummy. She puts it down to the fact that Max doesn't understand because he's not the one who's carrying this child." Nothing Max says or does will cause Steph to have a change of heart. "She's got one vision and one vision only," Carla says. "To deliver her baby safely." But Max's frustration will soon reach boiling point. What will he do?

Motherly Love

Carla Bonner reveals that this has been an extremely emotional storyline for her to act out for the cameras. A real-life mother of two sons, aged 14 and seven, Carla has found herself imagining what she would do in the same situation. "I would do the same thing as Steph I would think," she reveals. "If there's any risk at all - even a minute one - there's still a risk. As parents, to watch our children hurt or sick or suffering at all is just the worst thing that can happen. I couldn't sit back and watch that possibly happen and know that I could have prevented that. The reality of it, I can really feel," adds Carla. "It would be a really different truth if I weren't a parent."

Thread Information