Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Spoilers - 2006

Aussie Spoilers - 2006

Neighbourhood Watch

Ill Health

When we farewelled Neighbours in 2005, long-time Erinsborough favourite Steph Scully had just made a shocking discovery: the mum-to-be found a new lump in her breast.

Steph (Carla Bonner) was understandably horrified, as was her devoted husband, Max (Stephen Lovatt). Viewers will remember that some years back, Steph bravely waged a difficult battle against breast cancer – a battle that she and Max fully believed she had won.

But when Neighbours returns, Steph learns, in a devastating development, that the lump is malignant. Her breast cancer has returned, and the prognosis is scary.

“Steph told Max about the lump straight away this time, whereas last time, she kept her condition secret from him for a long time,” explains Carla.

Several months pregnant with her long-awaited first child, Steph will face an agonising choice: should she let the doctors begin chemotherapy treatment – which she believes may affect the health of her unborn baby – or wait until after the baby is born, possibly placing her own life in danger?

Peter Dodds says that the heart-rending development has come at a terrible moment for Steph and Max.

“This couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Hoyland’s,” he says. “They’ve had their fair share of woes over the last year in terms of adoption and trying all sorts of ways to extend their family. The cancer reappearing is a very unfortunate piece of timing. It’s another burden that’s placed in their way, which is a major hurdle for them to overcome.”

Carla predicts that her character will “go into denial” about the disease. “All of her focus and energy will have to go on the baby – the baby’s survival, and the baby’s health,” she hints.

“Steph has wanted this baby for so long, so she may make a decision to ensure the baby’s health and wellbeing is safe. I don’t think Steph could ever forgive herself if something happened to the baby.”

What’s more, we can reveal that the relationship between Steph and Max looks set to become increasingly strained by this shock turn of events.

Could their marriage, long regarded as one of the most stable and happiest in Ramsay Street, be under threat in 2006? Stay tuned!

First week of 2006 - Monday 9th to Thursday 12th January

Harold struggles to return to a normal life. Izzy makes a gruesome discovery. Steph and Max brace themselves for an uncertain future. Sibling rivalry ignites between Ned and Stuart.

Harold wrestles with his conscience, but renews his determination to make Paul suffer. Steph holds firm to her decision not to risk her baby’s life by having cancer treatment. Connor helps out Toadie and begins a thaw in their friendship. Izzy learns that she’s a beneficiary of Paul’s will.

Harold revels in Paul’s pain, but can’t find the peace he craves. Kim’s parenting efforts backfire. Stingray isn’t coping with life on the outside. Boyd begins his medical career. Bree makes her mum’s book “Kim-friendly”.

Susan’s new step-daughter rejects her. Stingray helps Rachel in a crime of passion. Dylan and Kim forge a new truce - but how long will it hold?

CHANGED MAN
    Who could forget the Neighbours cliffhanger for 2005? We were left stunned after seeing Ramsay street baddie Paul Robinson being strangled by a crazed Harold. When the show returns Paul – who has no idea that it was Harold who tried to kill him – is discovered unconscious and rushed to hospital by ambulance. We can reveal that Paul does make it through. But he’s a very different man to the one we saw in 2005! Neighbours producer suggest Paul should have seen it coming. “There’s some element of karma here,” he says. “Do wrong and wrong will be done to you.” Meanwhile will Paul discover that it was Harold who tried to take his life? Lets just say we wouldn’t want to be in Harold’s shoes if he does!

SHOCKING SECRET
    Which Ramsay street beauty is hiding a deep, dark secret? You’ll be shocked when you find out who we’re talking about and exactly what that secret is!

SPEECHLESS
    Devastated by a recent and truly tragic turn if events, one Ramsay street resident will decide to stop speaking – altogether! Who could it be?

TIME TO REUNITE?
    When Susan tied the knot with the dying Alex in one of the final scenes of neighbours for 2005, it was clear that her former husband, Karl still had feelings for her. Is there any chance the couple, who once had one of Ramsay Street’s longest and closest marriages, might come together again in 2006? Jackie Woodbourne, who plays Susan, isn’t letting on, although she acknowledges that many wish the couple would forget their differences. “I think there’s always hope that they might reconcile,” she says. “Whether its in 2006 or not, who knows? But there’s such a strong bond there. Irrespective of whom either of then is with, they have a connection that goes beyond any other relationship. My concern has always been how she could trust him again, but I think in time people are capable of change. Enough time has passed.”

CAREER CHANGE
    One popular character will stun everyone when they decide to start a new career – as a private detective!

LOVE TRIANGLE
    There was little doubt that Elle had her eye on Ned from the moment she arrived in Ramsay street, but he had unrequited feelings for someone else – the beautiful but devious Izzy. Everything changed in the final week of neighbours for 2005 when the hunky Ned finally saw another side of Elle – and the pair shared a red-hot kiss. But if you thought it would all be smooth sailing for Elle and Ned’s relationship, well…lets just say you should know better! As Pippa reveals, “it will be a very rocky romance!” in fact, you can prepare for a love triangle hat will threaten Elle and Ned’s relationship in a major way – a love triangle involving none other that Izzy! While Izzy is in long-term relationship with Elle’s father, Paul, that won’t stop her from trying to ruin Elle’s happiness! “This is a triangle of extraordinary complexity,” confirms peter Dodds. “It will be so sad for Elle,” hints Pippa. “Elle doesn’t know this, but Ned still has got this infatuation with Izzy. Elle’s oblivious to it – otherwise there’s noway she would have gotten together with Ned.”

IDENTITY REVELAED
    Everyone in Ramsay Street I still completely in the dark as to who planted the bomb on the ill-fated Lassiter’s plane flight to Tasmania in late 2005, claiming the lives of Serena, David and Lil bishop. But peter Dodds promises all will finally be revealed in 2006. “We do learn this person’s identity,” he says. “There’ll be some big surprises. There will be people that you’ll go, ‘oh I think this might be the person!’ but it’s our little bit of Agatha Christie to be played out here. We’ve definitely got some surprises down the track.”

YOUNG LOVE
    Which two Ramsay Street teens will embark on a super passionate new romance? Lets just say you won’t have seen this one coming!

FAMILY DRAMA
    At the end of 2005, Susan and Alex tied the knot in a moving, emotion charged wedding ceremony, becoming husband and wife just before Alex passed away from cancer. Having promised Alex before his death that she would raise his teenage children, Zeke and Rachel, as her own, Susan fully intends to do just that, but she wasn’t counting on Alex’s estranged daughter, Katya, causing problems. When Neighbours returns, we learn that Katya is far from happy about the fact that Susan is now stepmother to her younger brother and sister. “Katya comes back and, having sort of reconciled with her father before he died, she feels that he should raise the children,” explains Jackie Woodbourne. “But Susan’s strongest pull is to these two children, whom she has grown to love – and she feels she is the best to raise them.” Dichen adds, “Katya feels that Susan and Karl possibly didn’t do everything they should have for her father. She thinks they might have ulterior motives. She can sense that Susan and Karl might still have feelings for each other.” Can we expect fireworks? “There’s a lot of drama ahead,” promises Dichen. “This is a really complicated one,” agrees Peter Dodds.

CHASTITY VOW
    Which young character will take a surprise vow of celibacy in 2006? And for what reason?

UNDER THREAT
    Just when she’s finally found love and happiness with Boyd wayward teen Janae will make a discovery that could change everything – and even threaten her life! A past relationship could have serious consequences for the blonde beauty. “Something from Janae’s past definitely comes back to haunt her,” confirms Eliza, adding, “and it’s life threatening. It’s when things are going so well for her, but I guess that’s the nature of soaps,” laughs Eliza. “As soon as something is going right, you know that something has to go wrong.” Peter Dodds adds, “there’s lots of heartache and a great deal of stress ahead for Janae.” Eliza admits she hopes her character makes it through this crisis. “Janae’s such a great character, it would be sad to see something really awful to happen to her. “I feel quite protective of he,” she adds, smiling.

There is also an interview with Stephanie McIntosh who plays Sky Mangel but it is longer and I unfortunately don’t have time now to type it up and post, sorry about that. There are also two articles one with Dichen Lachman who will be staying on at neighbours next year as Katya Kinski and also one with Adam Hunter who will be playing Robert Robinson.

Who's Moving In?
    Over the past two decades Neighbours has been a launching pad to fame for some of Australia's best-known stars - everyone from Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan to Natalie Imbruglia and Delta Goodrem. 2006 may continue the trend with a couple of hot new faces moving into Ramsay Street.

Adam Hunter - (Robert Robinson)
    Having met Paul Robinson's beautiful, but rather manipulative, teenage daughter, Elle, in 2005, get set to be introduced to another of the rogue businessman's offspring - his son, Robert. Played by 23-year-old newcomer Adam Hunter, the handsome Robert will make his way to Ramsay Street sometime in the first half of 2006. Interestingly, Paul has another son, Cameron, and he, Robert and Elle are triplets. Does that mean we'll also be introduced to Cameron soon? Stay tuned.

Dichen Lachman - (Katya Kinski)
    There's no doubt that Dichen has landed a huge break with the key role of Katya, whom viewers met briefly in the season finale for 2005. Born in Nepal, the beautiful Dichen moved to Adelaide with her parents when she was eight years old. Now 23, Dichen reveals that she only discovered acting three years ago. "I did a lot of classes and worked very hard at my craft, while working at every single shop and restaurant you could imagine," she laughs.

Dichen admits that she was thrilled with to win the role on Neighbours, saying she intially tried out for a different part. "I was really surprised becaused originally I auditioned for the part of Elle Robinson," Dichen says. "Then they wrote me in as the estranged Kinski daughter."

Having already settled in on set, Dichen is loving playing the feisty Katya. "I've only been here for a few weeks, and everyone's really helpful and happy to answer any questions," she says. And Dichen hints that her new alter ego may be hiding a secret - or two or three! "She's very complicated and full of contradictions," she says. "She may have quite a dark past."

ohhh i hope stephs gunna be ok
    harold tries to strangle paul :O
    looks good.
    thanks for posting

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    These sound fab - I might have to start watching it again!!!

sounds good

neighbours looks like an excellent 2006

I can't wait for all these storylines. I hope Susan and Karl get back together

HURRY UP 2006!!!

poor steph!! i thought she might atleast have a sucessful pregnancy this time!! They better not split max and steph up or i will never forgive the neighbours bosses!!!!!!

Thread Information