Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Options

Options

I've got to choose my initial GCSE options before we break up for christmas holidays and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice and suggestions. I want to take History and Buisiness but am unsure about the other two.

I took History and hated it. It's full of essays and the exam paper is only essay questions. I took Business as well and loved it though!

whats on the list? i took geography and love it... and i like ICT aswell. don't take sociology though!

i suggest you pick something you enjoy cause other wise you will get bored and might find it hard. ICT nots bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamaxwellfan
    whats on the list? i took geography and love it... and i like ICT aswell. don't take sociology though!
    Stuff like French, German, Spanish, Russian, History, Geography, Law, Economics, Sociology, Psycology, Buisiness, Social Sciences, Cookery, Graphics, Systems and Control, Textiles, ICT, Resistant Materials, Health and Social Care, Art, Life skills, Music, Drama.
    Last edited by Kim; 07-12-2005 at 19:53.

i wouldn't suggest music- i've heard its really boring

ive heard art is fun. cookings alright but lots of coursework

I took ICT, History, Drama and Textiles. Loved Drama and ICT, History was so boring

i took french, business studies, performing arts and pe. peforming arts was great! i didnt like business studies but i think that was cos of the teacher, pe was good, the theory wasnt difficult for it, french was ok, i didnt learn much more than id learnt before. my sis is taking food tech and loves it but theres loads of cw, shes also taking history and she thinks its ok but i never liked writing essays thats why i didnt take it. as lea said though, you should pick something you enjoy already, or if its a new subject something that sounds interesting and ask the subject teacher questions about it
    Last edited by di marco; 07-12-2005 at 21:14.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by crazylea
    i suggest you pick something you enjoy cause other wise you will get bored and might find it hard. ICT nots bad
    i totally agree, go with what you enjoy, not what your parents say or what you think is best for your carrerr, its your life so do what you like, and gcses dont effect what a levels you take, it isnt until a level that it matters what options you take

history i woiuldnt advise you do unless you are very clever, its hard work and hard to follow. hard coursework and a hell of a lot of revisoion, and the questions are all essays and solid! (says the kid that got A*)

good luck and let us know how you get on!

Thread Information