Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Mum of the Year

Celebrity Mum of the Year

JORDAN WINS GRATTAN CELEBRITY MUM AWARD
    By Mirror.co.uk 15/03/2007
    JORDAN was crowned Grattan Celebrity Mum of the Year today.

The glamour girl - real name Katie Price - was chosen by the public and beat Jade Goody, Kate Moss and Heather Mills McCartney to the title.

She is mother to Harvey, four, and two-year-old Junior.

"I'm so pleased to receive this award. Harvey and Junior will be so proud of their mummy," she said.

Bringing up Harvey has been tough for the 28-year-old model.

He was born partially blind and has a growth disorder.

On New Year's Eve he was rushed to hospital with burns after an accident in the bath.

He is Jordan's son by footballer Dwight Yorke. Jordan went on to have son Junior with pop star husband Peter Andre. Previous winners include Sharon Osbourne and Kerry Katona.

Other contenders this year included Victoria Beckham, the Duchess of York and Davina McCall. Jade Goody was fourth in the public vote - despite the Celebrity Big Brother race row.

This Morning host Fern Britton was second, followed by Victoria Beckham.

The Duchess of York was fifth.

Someone tell me this is a joke
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I couldn't believe it either Alan - I mean, who on earth was voting for her! I think she only received the votes she did, because of Harvey's condition, but thats not what being a mum is all about. As a mum, I certainly do NOT aspire to be like her or raise my children like her! These voting things are a joke - they really are.

Are we sure this isnt an award for how many magazine front covers you can get yourself and your children onto?

I dont know what Jordan is like as a mum, and I really dont care, but I dont like how she seems to be using her children as part of her career, to seek and get even more publicity, and thus make even more money...

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

I thought that as well, how stupid is it to name a celebrity mum of the year. Evidently for that title, she and the kids have been in the press far too much. You cant use your children as ways to get publicity its wron.

im sorry but i dont see the funny side to this. Just because the papers make her out to be a bad mum and she seems to be on the drink every weekend drinking when pregnant doesnt make it true!!!

I really couldnt stand her before until i read her book i can see why she does things like interviews with the kids - if she doesnt then they will just write what they want!!

No one actually knows what shes like and neither do the people who voted. Seems to me people are just judging her by what they read!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (04-11-2007)

But then she also likes to sit and slag other mothers off, which to me, doesn't endear her to me. Everyone has their own style of parenting - that doesn't bother me and I don't find it funny - I find these whole voting things ridiculous. No one knows anyone and therefore can't say whether or not someone is the best mum or dad etc.

BTW, I don't read the papers, or watch the news, or buy magazines. But I don't like people who make it their place to do an interview and moan about someone elses parenting methods or the way they look etc.

I think if they are going to give an award to a celebrity for Mum of the Year then they should give it to someone who can maintain their dignity while in the public eye and still protect their children and family by keeping them out of the public eye, not splashing their pictures over every magazine cover. But I will say out of the ones that were nominated this year I would prefer Jordan to win in than any of the others. Yes she can be loud and slag people off but at least she is honest about it she can just be her own worst enemy at times.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I wanted Fern Britton to win personally

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    Me too
    T least she doesent go int minute details about her sex life. Did you see the extracts from Jordans Autobiography on Graham Norton
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    Either her or Davina McCall but neither of them starve the attention of being on the front cover of glossy mags every week

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information