Thread: School trip to London

School trip to London

Not sure if this should go in travel or in here, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I'm planning a trip to London for science and history to go to the museums in July. As we live a long way from London it's going to take us about 3hrs to get there then we're getting the tube (route 1) to the science museum. We'll have about 6 hours in London altogether I think.

Obviously we aren't going to spend all day in there so what sights should we see and are any of the attractions free? What are the best (and cheapest) places to eat?

its quite good walking up the monument lol well not if you dont like hights and its cheap and its a lovely view when you finally get to the top
    and the only ther thing ive really done in london is go up the eye but its not that cheap to go up it
    Last edited by samantha nixon; 14-03-2007 at 20:35.

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

If you can get onto the London Eye, then you can see pretty much all of the major landmarks in 30 minutes, so thats definately worth checking out. Its not free, but go as a group, and book on Lastminute.com and you'll get in a lot quicker.

And to be honest, theres not a lot of cheap places to eat. Maybe try out China Town? Covent Gardens has some cheaper areas too, but both of them might be a bit hard to get to.

When we went we found our own places to eat, like McDonalds, the usual that sixth formers do on day trips out.

It sounds simular to what we did but we looked round the courts as it were a law visit, but the train took 4 hours then the tube. And we left at half 7 ! I was shattered.

A year 11 ASDAN trip went today to London. They left at 7.30am to get there for 10.30am. They didn't get back til 8pm
    I hate long bus journeys.

Thread Information