Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: he's back

grants back!

TV tough guy Ross Kemp is to rejoin EastEnders, the Mirror can reveal.

The Albert Square favourite - who plays hardman Grant Mitchell - is returning to the crisis-hit BBC soap after six years in exile on ITV. Beeb executives are finalising a hefty new contract with Ross, 40, and will make an official announcement shortly.

An insider said: "We're just tidying up the fine print on the deal, but we're good to go.

"Ross created one of the most powerful television characters ever and viewers have been wanting him back since the day he left. We're delighted and very excited."

Ross will be reunited in the autumn with his screen brother Phil, actor Steve McFadden - who appeared back in the Square last night for the first time in 18 months.

Their TV mum Peggy - Barbara Windsor, 67 - will rejoin the cast in August.

BBC chiefs predict the Mitchells' reunion will revive the ailing soap's fortunes.

"The Mitchell brothers go together like bacon and eggs," added the insider. "To have them back again is pure TV gold."

Ross quit EastEnders in 1999 after 10 years and defected to ITV in a "golden handcuffs" deal worth more than £1million.

He exited Walford in dramatic style - surviving a high-speed car crash into the river Thames.

Ross hinted last year that the lure of Albert Square was still a temptation. "You never say never in the job I do because you never know what's around the corner."

Excellent.. that should stir things up

Oh, brilliant! Good to see him back!
    Last edited by daisy38; 19-04-2005 at 10:05.

i was going to post this today to but i didnt have a definte source was just from word of mouth and they didnt get it in the mirror so it certainly sounds positive really hope so cant wait 4himk 2 be back i have of course only waited 6 years

Yes all the mitchells back were they belong

I thought that Grant was on the run from the police

I am glad he is back, Phil we could do without but whats going to happen with them, are we back again to "hey Brov", the hardmen of Walford, I'm sorry but I cant see bringing the Mitchells as being the saving of Eastenders. The writers seem to be contstantly going back to old storylines, Sonia/Chloe, The Mitchells and no new ones.

yes but its more realisitc covering old storylines theres only so much you can do with a character to make them believeable give them to many different storylines and it just becomes unrealistic and plus weve got to see if phil will forgive grant for sleeping with kathy because they never got to sort it out properly

Oooohh getting all exciting now, can't wait to see shazza's face when she sees him show up, especially if when she returns she is back together with Mini Den

Thread Information