Thread: Love is forever

Lightbulb Love is forever

This i just a one parter but i had to split it into two post because it's so long...

Love is forever

‘A little something from me to you’
    ‘Thanks’ (He opens it up to find a watch and reads the inscription) ‘Oooh… Forever’
    ‘You know the first time a boy gave me a ring that’s what he said. “I’ll love you forever.” No I was five he was six and the ring came out of a Christmas cracker’
    ‘Oh right’
    ‘Thought he meant it though. And I held onto that ring for months after him and his Mum had moved away. Anyway Dad got fed up of me moping around and chucked the ring in the bin It’s about time you learned nothing lasts forever!’
    ‘Well he was wrong wasn’t he?’
    ‘Yeah he was’

Dennis’s POV
    Dennis Rickman was sitting on a small wooden bench watching the murky brown water of the canal run down stream below his feet. He remembered that Christmas all those years ago, he remembered that day, the day that had forged him. That morning, those few precious hours, had made him who he was, because that was the day he’d lost Sharon, His Sharon, the only one for him. They’d been happy but all that was going to change, he looked at the watch he was wearing, the plain silver watch that didn’t look like very much. He took it off and turning it over read the inscription ‘forever’. The tears trickled freely down this cheeks they were so in love and full of plans, even looking back now brought an aching pain for what was and what could have been.

‘Well I just thought I’d give them something special seen as this is their first Christmas together. It would be nice to have some happy memories of it. Welcome to the family properly Zoe’
    Den hands Dennis the envelope. Everyone waits until he has opened it
    ‘Barbados’
    ‘Yep. Dennis and Zoe fly out first thing tomorrow morning’
    ‘This is fantastic isn’t it Dennis. It’s really brilliant!’ (Sharon and Dennis look very awkward) ‘What’s the matter? A fortnight in the Caribbean, ain’t you pleased’
    ‘I would be!’
    ‘Right come on everyone get stuck in!’
    Dennis doesn’t say anything. He and Sharon keep looking at each other
    ‘What’s going on?’
    ‘Well I don’t think there’s anything going on is there?’
    ‘What do you keep looking at each other for?’
    ‘Look Chrissie has spent all morning slaving over this hot turkey so that we can all have a nice lunch. If you’ve got any arguments with each other, this isn’t the right day, ok’
    ‘It’s not an argument Dad’
    ‘I really appreciate this but, I’m sorry. Me and Zoe won’t be able to go on holiday’
    ‘What?’
    ‘I won’t be here tomorrow’
    ‘Oh don’t be a…’ Dennis reaches across and takes hold of Sharon’s hand. They all watch in disbelief
    ‘No’
    ‘We were going to tell you tonight’
    ‘What do you think you’re playing at?’
    ‘Nothing. We’re through with playing games. We’re deadly serious’
    ‘We’re going away tomorrow…’
    ‘Don’t say this!’
    ‘Were in love! And we have been for a very long time’

Sharon’s POV
    Sharon Watts smiled at the memory, looking back now at that Christmas she could smile but the tears still trickled down her cheeks. She stood in outside in the breeze, the wind playing havoc with the carefully styled blonde hair. The black winter coat she wore flapped around her ankles as she sighed and wiped away the shed tears. He’d loved her, really loved her, had promised her a forever, neither of them had gotten it, she’d loved him too, really loved him, he’d been the one for her of that she was sure. How many times had she’d remembered those words, had them replaying around her head, ‘we’re going away tomorrow’ ‘we’re in love’, another tears slipped down her cheeks for what could have been.

‘No your not! You’re lying. You’re sick; you’re obsessed with him! He don’t love you! Tell her Dennis; tell her you don’t mean it. Tell her you don’t love her…let go of her hand!’
    (Zoe tries to force them apart but they won’t budge. Chrissie gets up to stop her)
    ‘Zoe?’
    ‘Let go of him!’ (She pull’s her hands back and Chrissie pulls her into a hug)
    ‘Zoe, baby. Shhh’
    ‘Zoe, I’m sorry. But it’s true. I do love Sharon and I wanna spend the rest of my life with her’
    ‘Over my dead body. And how long you had this lined up?’
    ‘A while’

Dennis’s POV
    They’d had their future planned out before them, had planned it themselves, a couple completely in love. They’d spent hours talking about the future, their future. Now alone, cold and alone sitting on a bench where he’d believed his father had died, He came here often to think, about her, about them, about the good, the bad and the ugly so the song said, they’d had all three, all three.

‘So what was all that about yesterday? Oh I love ya Dad and all the time you were plotting behind my back. My own kids, my own flesh and blood’
    ‘What planet are you living on?!’
    ‘Dennis please don’t make things worse’
    ‘How can they get any worse? Come on, we’re going’
    ‘You walk out that door you’re no son of mine!’
    ‘Well if that’s the way it has to be’
    ‘We are going away together tomorrow morning. Nothing is going to stop me from being with the man I love Dad. Now if you want to salvage anything of this family then the balls in your court. As long as you understand that from now on me and Dennis come as a pair’

Sharon’s POV
    They’d almost made it she thought as the memory played through her mind again. He’d protected her from Zoë’s outburst placing her loving behind him, keeping her from harm. But Den couldn’t live with them, Dennis had always wanted a father and had decided in that split second he didn’t want Den, the one he’d almost had. But she’s stood her ground trying desperately to keep their family together for Dennis’s sake as wells as her own.

‘I never meant to hurt you Zoe. For what its worth I’m sorry. I think it’s for the best. You’ll thank me in the end’
    ‘I can’t’
    ‘Come on Zoe it’s alright, you can do it’
    ‘What?’
    ‘Are you gonna tell my son what you told me?’
    ‘He won’t wanna know’
    ‘What’s going on?’
    ‘Well don’t you think he has a right to know? Or am I going to have to tell him for you?’
    ‘No, no’
    ‘Tell me what?’
    ‘Dennis…we’re having a baby’ (With that Zoe takes a mouth full of Champagne and Sharon run’s out of the room)
    ‘Sharon!’
    ‘Leave her’
    ‘I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t of said anything it was a mistake!’

Dennis’s POV
    Dennis had gotten up from the bench and had begun to walk slowly down the concrete path further away from Walford. That moment was the defining one, it was that moment he realised he’d be bound here, stuck here with out his Sharon and his future. Everything he’d ever wanted had been torn from him, ripped from his hands at the four muttered words of a desperate woman.

‘He can’t think straight he’s obsessed’
    ‘That’s not my fault’
    ‘Well it certainly ain’t mine. I haven’t been the one sneaking around, lying. You set your heart on him Sharon; you made it your mission to take him off me’
    ‘Sometimes these things have a life of their own, you can’t stop them’
    ‘Yes you can. You just have to choose’
    ‘No Dennis has to choose, not me’
    ‘Are you going to give him a baby? Is that what you’re going to do? Dennis told me’
    ‘…Then you know he’s ok with it wont you’
    ‘And you think it’s going to last? You reckon he’ll be ok with it next year and the year after
    ‘Yes! He says it, I believe it’

Sharon’s POV
    Sharon looked out at the fretful waves of the sea, she’d thought about that moment for months afterwards. Had it really been her fault? She knew that question had haunted her. But she’s spoken the truth, it was Dennis’s decision, she couldn’t and wouldn’t make it for him, she loved him. But was that it? Had that moment harden her into who she was now? into who she’d become? Or was it their final goodbye. The last few minutes where she’d stood with him, talked to him, cried with him, loved him completely.

‘Why didn’t…why didn’t you tell me?’
    ‘I was scared you wouldn’t want it. Do you want it?’
    ‘I love Sharon’
    ‘But I’m pregnant’
    ‘I still love Sharon’
    ‘Oh come on Dennis you’ll forget all about her, she’ll go away and you’ll forget her’
    ‘I don’t think so’
    ‘You could if you really wanted to. You’re gonna be a father Dennis. I’ve got your baby in here’
    ‘It’s part of you, you and me. That’s gotta mean something’
    ‘Of course it does, of course it means something. God this is killing me’

Dennis’s POV
    He loved Sharon so much and he’d wanted to be with her, but what about the unborn child? The only innocent in the whole mess? He’d had to think, to decided, decide not only his future but of the one he loved with everything he had and a baby who had been throw into his mess. So he did it made the hardest decision he’d ever made, then the lies had begun and the betrayal finally exposed. Those couple of months had been hell for him. He’d never stopped thinking about Sharon, talking to her in his head, dreaming of her every night. What’s he’d told Zoe was the absolute truth, he’d never forget about, never had, and never wanted too.
    Dennis Rickman 28/08/1974 - 31/12/2005

Lightbulb

‘I need to talk to Dennis’
    Den – I’ll be upstairs. I’m sure you’ll do the right thing, both of you’
    ‘Mind if I have a slug of that?’ (He smiles at her)
    ‘What are we gonna do? One minute I think I’ve got it straight in my head the next…’
    ‘It’s over. This me and you, it’s gone. (He looks up, shocked) She’s pregnant with your child. I just spoke to her Dennis. And no matter what we say, we’re always gonna come back to this point. She’s gonna have your child. And you’re going to run out on it, never see it? Just like I never saw my parents… just like you never saw Dad. I think we both know that ain’t gonna happen’
    ‘Maybe, maybe it could’
    ‘How? We both know what it feels like to be abandoned. I mean I couldn’t live with that on my conscience could you?’
    ‘I don’t love her’ (Dennis’ tears begin to fall)
    ‘Well without me around it might grow’
    ‘Without you? Without… you’
    ‘Dennis you don’t know what you’re feeling you know you’re hurt, you’re confused…’
    ‘I know what I feel Sharon I love you. I can be a father and we could still be together’
    ‘But I can’t stick around and watch you do that you know I can’t. Look, please tell me I am not the only one feeling this?’
    ‘…You’re not’ (They begin to cry and Dennis holds out his arms for her) ‘I can’t, I can’t believe this is happening. I can’t believe it’
    ‘Err, cab’s outside, ok’ (Sharon pull’s away)
    ‘What you’re just going to go?’
    ‘Tell him erm, tell him to wait’
    ‘Where you going?’
    ‘To say goodbye’

Sharon’s POV
    So she’d gone to say goodbye to her father, she believed she’d done the right thing for Dennis, for herself but she’d began to hate her decision as she stood looking at her father, talking to him, listening to what he was saying. Vicki had come with her. They’d set up a home together close to Michelle, as they’d both needed her in the first few months of their new life.

Dennis’s POV
    As Dennis remembered their moment in the Vic. The wind began to rustle his hair; so he pulled his coat closer to his body. He could remember the shocked daze he’d been in when she said she was leaving, when she said it was for the best. How could it have been for the best if they weren’t together, but she’d been right he couldn’t abandon the child he believed he had, would have had. Dennis looked up at the noise and saw two teenagers running towards him, he side-stepped to let them past.

‘Vicki what are you doing?’
    ‘She’s coming with me’
    ‘Bye’ (She gives Dennis a hug) ‘I’ll miss you’
    (Vicki gets into the cab and Sharon walks over to Dennis. They smile and Dennis takes out the pink ring. He puts it into her palm)
    ‘Forever. I mean it’ (She hugs Dennis)
    ‘Sharon…’
    ‘You look after her yeah?’
    ‘Tell her Dennis, Tell ‘em both to stay’
    ‘Bye Dad’ (Den steps forward) ‘Let me go Dad, hmm?’

Sharon’s POV
    Sharon still stood facing the sea as tears steadily ran down her rosy cheeks, her mascara had begun to run and followed the trail her tears had left, leaving black streaks over her pale face. She’d left Dennis there in Walford, the love of her life, the only one who made her truly happy, who’d be there for her no matter what. She’d given him up for the good of some one who never existed. They’d been betrayed and now they’d lived out their lives an ocean apart. She looked down at the sea, waves crashing onto the beach and thought of Dennis, of who they’d been together as she stepped off the edge.

Dennis’s POV
    The tears blurred his vision, so he side-stepped letting the two running teenagers past him, but he’d felt it, the sharp pain of only one thing, a bullet hitting flesh. He heard the muffled sound of a gun as the blood roared in this ears and he stumbled, placing his hand on the wound. He pitched forward hit the muddy ground as blood seeped from the wound the bullet had inflicted. He last thoughts were of Sharon, of their last goodbye, of her smiling at him, of them together. His world went black and his hands went limp, blood still seeped from his wound but he now longer felt it.

Sharon stood smiling looking out over green fields and saw who she’d been waiting for, she saw Dennis. Dennis smiled at finally seeing her smiling face; his heart began to race as he took a step forward.
    ‘Sharon?’
    Sharon smiled at him and stepping forward held out her hand, ‘I’ve missed you’
    Dennis linked his fingers with hers ‘I missed you, I love you’
    Sharon smiled and leaning forward touched his lips with hers ‘I love you’
    Dennis wound his arms around her waist, placed his cheek on her hair and his felt his heart beat steady in contentment.
    Sharon clung tight to him, never wanting to let him go. She wrapped her arms around him and felt him place his cheek of her hair and sigh, this was love, this was forever, now she was content.
    Dennis Rickman 28/08/1974 - 31/12/2005

You killed him! You killed her! you killed Shannis! At least they're together now. That was amazing hunni
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

Wow that was bloody brilliant! Had me gripped lol!
    So cute aswell, even though it was sad! well done honey xxx

Aww that was sad but really good!

That was excellent but really sad!

Thread Information