Thread: hudson speaks bout killer katie

hudson speaks bout killer katie

Coronation Street actress Lucy-Jo Hudson has spoken about the shocking storyline which leads to her exit from the soap.

Hudson's character, Katy Harris, has a dramatic time ahead next week, as she aborts her baby, wrongly believing that her lover, Martin Platt, is cheating on her. When Katy discovers that her father, Tommy, has given her the wrong information, she attacks him with a wrench in the heat of the moment, and the blow proves fatal.

Katy and her mother Angela then plan to pin the death on Martin.

Hudson told The Mirror, "It's a bit wicked really isn't it? When Katy thinks Martin's having an affair the first thing she does is storm round and smack him in the face.

"She's turned into a right psycho, which is much more interesting than playing a sweet schoolgirl. We filmed all these shots of Katy whacking Tommy with a wrench - it was ace.

"I didn't want Katy just going off to college, so I asked them if I could go out with a bang - and I am. Katy has an abortion, splits up with Martin, then kills her dad. Wow! And Killer Katy has quite a nice ring to it."

Also...

After all this, she also committs suicide and puts Martin in the blame for killing Tommy, so he goes to jail! Lol

Anything to get rid of hangdog faced Martin and Katy 'Bunches' Harris. the most unrealistic couple in soap

But has anyone heard anythign about Martin leaving?

I heard that its Angela who ends up going to jail, now the actress who plays her is definately leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari
    Anything to get rid of hangdog faced Martin and Katy 'Bunches' Harris. the most unrealistic couple in soap
    i think that story line is brill cos it does happen in real life i know a few people who are simlar to them
    ;) ;) soap_angel ;) ;)

I was sure that I read somewhere that just before she kills her dad, he admits to not being her natural father. Can anyone confirm this?

Ex

Thants a new one on me, it would make a good twist though

Thread Information