Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Footballers Wives To Continue!

Footballers Wives To Continue!

Alarming reports suggesting the demise of glitzy ITV drama Footballers' Wives have been ruled well and truly offside.

According to a Sunday newspaper, the long-running series was due to reach a spooky climax at the end of series five, scheduled to air next year.

The 'paper suggested that Cristian Solimeno - who starred as bad boy Jason Turner - had been offered £50,000 to re-appear as a ghost and haunt his estranged wife, Tanya Turner (Zoe Lucker), for the final scenes.

However, a spokeswoman for the show makers, Shed Productions, told DS that the story had no foundation.

She said: "Footballers' Wives is going from strength to strength. Why would we kill such a good thing?"

She added: "Series five will see cameos from Joan Collins, Richard & Judy and the return of everyones' favourite, Tanya Turner."

I hope they do bring back jason that would be brilliant him and tanya were fab together

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

If they bought back Jason that would be so poo, i know the show is OTT but that would top ot off!

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Quote Originally Posted by xCharliex
    If they bought back Jason that would be so poo, i know the show is OTT but that would top ot off!
    i donno i was thinking of this last series...if you remember prior to season 2 episode 8 paddy was ill and they were asking jason to find his biological parents to see if they could help Paddy. He could have found them, and had a twin brother, and becuase he didnt want to go trough marrying Tanya he got his twin brother to marry her...and evidentelly it was the brother that was killed....i had visions of him marching in during tanya and conrads wedding, but thats never going to happen now!

as a ghost this sounds alright idf he were to come back as a person rthis would just be ott

Quote Originally Posted by shannisrules
    as a ghost this sounds alright idf he were to come back as a person rthis would just be ott
    i dont think this is happening, it was just claimed, and as itv has confirmed that it is not the final series i doubt this will happen

at least its not finishing. That really would be dreadful. I never saw it when Jason was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    at least its not finishing. That really would be dreadful. I never saw it when Jason was in it.
    cornetgal those were the days, series 1 and 2 were absoultey spot on! they werent as bad as the last two series...it explored relationships a lot more and was character based, now its storyline based and very OTT (well i suppose series 1 and 2 were OTT, so series 3 and 4 were so over the top that theyd fell off the scale and landed at the bottom!)

i think it would have been the best way to finish the show as tanya is the main character and it would be good to have her cpompuennace, and if it meant bringing back a superb character such as jason turner then it would have been a joy to watch

still we cant complain as its still going...

i agree series one and twon were the best then the characters started to leave and it has gone a bit down hill, still fab though and cant wait till the next series!

Quote Originally Posted by debs
    i agree series one and twon were the best then the characters started to leave and it has gone a bit down hill, still fab though and cant wait till the next series!
    its a good job that tanya is returning, becuase lets face it without her who would we have?

jackie webb and the milligans?

Thread Information