Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doc Martin

i had never watched it before but it was brilliant last night. that was the end of it really. he starts telling her that it's a medical condition that women get, that she doesn't really love him and that she'll turn into a stalker etc. the camera moves off them then and you just hear a slap which i presume is her slapping him!

oh i really wish i had seen it, i love the programme and think martin clunes is brilliant as doc martin. was that it for good or is there another series?
    POOKIE

that was series two,i have series one on dvd,i love this prog and yes they are doing series 3

anyone been watching the new series of doc martin? it has been brilliantly funny and martin clunes has been at his best with his deadpan face and his comments. ive been laughing out load.
    POOKIE

Martin Clunes returns to Cornwall to play the nation’s favourite grumpy medic in a brand new series of Doc Martin for ITV.

Martin Clunes reprises his role as Dr. Martin Ellingham, the GP with a brusque bedside manner and a phobia of blood, in eight new episodes of the hugely successful drama produced by Buffalo Pictures and set in the idyllic, sleepy hamlet of Portwenn in Cornwall.

Filming has just begun on location in picturesque Port Isaac with all regular members of the cast returning to the popular series.

Caroline Catz plays Doc Martin’s wife and local school headmistress, Louisa Ellingham.

After having therapy to save their marriage in the last series, they face the challenge of living happily together with their baby James Henry.

Martin Clunes said: “I’m thrilled to be back on the beautiful North Cornish coast to shoot series eight of Doc Martin. The Doc is as obstinate as ever, but he is trying his best to be a better husband and father.”

Returning to the series, Dame Eileen Atkins plays Doc Martin’s formidable Aunt Ruth, who is beginning to doubt the wisdom of going into business with Bert Large and his son Al.

Ian McNeice returnds to play Bert Large, with Joe Absolom son Al. Bert is desperate to make his home distilled whisky a success, but there’s a shortage of customers willing to buy. Meanwhile guests are not exactly flocking to Al’s bed and breakfast, and he fears he will have to close the doors for good.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (23-03-2017), tammyy2j (11-09-2017)

Great news, love Doc Martin ♥

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (10-09-2017)

20th Sept 2017, 9.00PM - 10.00PM

Series overview

Martin Clunes returns to play the nation’s favourite grumpy medic in a brand new series of Doc Martin for ITV.

He stars as Dr. Martin Ellingham, the GP with a brusque bedside manner and a phobia of blood, in eight new episodes of the hugely successful drama produced by Buffalo Pictures and set in the idyllic hamlet of Portwenn in Cornwall.

Picturesque Port Isaac provides the beautiful backdrop for the popular series, with all regular members of the cast reprising their roles alongside guest stars Art Malik, Caroline Quentin and Sigourney Weaver.

Caroline Catz plays Doc Martin’s wife and local school headmistress, Louisa Ellingham. Dame Eileen Atkins plays Doc Martin’s formidable Aunt Ruth, with Ian McNeice as Bert Large and Joe Absolom as his son Al. John Marquez is back as Portwenn PC Joe Penhale, with Jessica Ransom as the Doc’s receptionist, Morwenna Newcross, and Selina Cadell as pharmacist Mrs Tishell.

Episode 1 - Mysterious Ways

After having therapy to save their marriage in the last series, Martin and Louisa face the challenge of living happily together with their baby James Henry.

Meanwhile wedding bells are ringing for Portwenn’s police constable, Joe Penhale (John Marquez) and the Doc’s nanny Janice Bone (Robyn Addison).

Al Large (Joe Absolom) is struggling with the demands of being best man: trying to keep everyone happy, especially with his dad Bert’s( Ian McNeice) new ‘Large Whisky’ marketing antics of offering only whisky at the pre-wedding party.

The party doesn’t get off to a great start when some of the guests start collapsing with mystery health problems. Martin quickly works out what the problem is.

Penhale has his own medical issue to deal with too, which could prevent him from making it down the aisle. The Doc diagnoses him with kidney stones and recommends pain killers, which Penhale refuses to take, worrying that he doesn’t want to be ‘drugged up’ on his wedding day.

When the curate, Rosie Edwards (Lucy Briggs-Owen), also raises her own concerns about the couple, Penhale and Janice start to wonder if this wedding is meant to be.

Louisa misses her son James Henry speaking his first word and she starts to think that she may be trying to juggle too many things. She fears her home-life is suffering, with all the things she has to deal with at school, and not having a nanny for the baby. Though she does manage to convince Martin that they should add to their household, as James Henry clearly loves Buddy the dog, and it would benefit him to have a pet.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-09-2017), LouiseP (10-09-2017), TaintedLove (06-09-2017), tammyy2j (11-09-2017)

My favourite programme of all time ! Love Martin Clunes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-09-2017), Perdita (10-09-2017)

Martin Clunes confirmed that Doc Martin will end in 2018 with its ninth and final series

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-09-2017), lizann (11-09-2017), Perdita (11-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Martin Clunes confirmed that Doc Martin will end in 2018 with its ninth and final series
    While I will be sad, I think it is the right time before it becomes boring like so many other series ... go out on a high, Martin

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-09-2017), lizann (11-09-2017), tammyy2j (13-09-2017)

Thread Information