Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoe Slater

Quote Originally Posted by leanne27
    hi, im not sure if many will join this new thread in saying that they are fans of zoe slater or zonnis! but i just want to say that i love zoe's character, she has been through so much at such a young age, and she alwasy bounces back, even after the death of den, i HATE chrissie now for telling her that she killed den! that was so wrong, zoe would of probably kept quiet for chrissie anyway if she had just told her the truth, I'll be really, really, really sad to see Zoe leave- thats on june 17th by the way, but before she leaves i hope she gets her revenge on sam, chrissie, dennis and sharon for all that they've done to her. She deserves some happiness in her life, im just glad that she was happy with dennis for a while, and my honest opinion is that when zoe told dennis she was pregnant whilst she was panicking and scared that he'd find out the truth he was actually getting over sharon and becoming happy, not just because of the "baby" but because of zoe too, remember many a time he got jealous when she was flirting with others like jake moon, and he looked truly devastated when he caught her and den in bed together, and after all that he was still going to
    take her back, untill he found out the truth of course! and zoe only lied to keep dennis, and remember den put her up to the lie, anyone agree with me?

i used to really like zoe but lately she has become a bit drippy and annoying! it will be sad to see her leave she is such a big part of the slater family. i agree she has been through so much espeically this year( even if some of it was bought on herself!) i do feel sorry for her that chrissie is telling her that she killed den when it wasnt, sam is to blame for that as well though amd im hoping that she will really go for sam when the truth comes out (not long!!)
    i dont see why she needs to gwt reveng on dennis or sharon though! they were in love noone will take sharons place in dennis eyes! she stooped very low when she pretended tp be pregnant with his baby. and then sleeping with den i couldnt belive it! if anything it should be dennuis and sharon seeking revenge

To be honest it actually makes a refreshing change to see someone stick up for Zoe. I'm not really one way or the other on her, I don't hate the character. I think she was manipulated into a lot of her actions and I think she found herself in situations that she couldn't get out of and a lot of it was desperation. Some people might say she should have been stronger, but everyone has weaknesses. I don't think she should be vilified for it. I would have liked to have seen Zoe move on in her life and eventually see her happy but in reality it would kill her to see Sharon and Dennis happy together every day so its no surprise the character moves on.

In the beginning I like her, then she turned into a clingy, annoying b*tch, excuse my language. She acted as though she was so special how dare Dennis prefer Sharron, and that he had no right to like anyone but her. She constantly whines, and there is no end to how low she can stood. I agree she is a strong member of the cast, but she also grates on you...badly.

shock shock horror horror shock shock horror

i'm sorry, i think i need to sit down, ur telling me that there are fans of Zoe Slater? omfg

well ok she was alright to begin with, after all "your not my mother, yes i am" would not be able to have happened without her but apart from that...

she had so much potential: an affair with Jamie MItchell, a lesbian relationship with Kelly, etc...

but the final nail in her coffin was splitting up Shannis, which everyone seems to like, dont get me started on that... id give her a medal for that but well thats why she became so unpopualr

bondboffin

It's not just the shannis thing for me. I have disliked her from the second the girl stepped into Walford. As soon as she came, she chased Jaime like a lap dog (what’s new) despite him already being settled in a loving relationship with Sonia, and eventually she slept with him. This was all because she fancied him. I don't like the way she treated her best mate Kelly. She got with her ex from the second they split even knowing full well that Kelly was still hung up on him. It was all me, me, me. It didn't stop her and it infuriated me when she said 'get used to it or move out' -selfish mean cow! That’s only some of it. I can go on....

I like Zoe! I know that her voice is annoying after a while and when she cries she sounds whiny but apart from that....!

woooahh!!! wish i'd never made the post lol! the reason why i said zoe should get revenge on sharon and dennis is because sharon is so much more older and mature than zoe, and so is dennis, sharon could see that zoe was besotted with dennis, and STILL had her affair with him even though she knew it would ruin most people lives like zoe's, and den's and the rest of the watts family, the only people who would come out happy by it would of been them two! zoe, she was still young and nieve, and in the beginning sharon was very lenient with zoe, by telling dennis to be with her and you know what i didnt see dennis objecting! remember the time when dennis thought andy had hit zoe? and he went over there and punched him, well taht shows how much he cared fo her. and then when he found out that zoe had manipulated him just so she could seek her revenge on andy for her mum kat, well he then invited her to move in with him! it seems to me as though that when dennis discovered what zoe's plan had been (about the andy thing)manipulative he didnt care! so the rest of you shouldn't either (about her been manipulative) chrissie is also a hugely guilty party in the destruction of zoe's life, chrissie knew that zoe deep down wanted her baby, zoe kept on telling chrissie that the slater girls never got rid of their babies, she basically said to her that she didnt want an abortion, chrissie wouldn't even let zoe go fo a walk, whilst they were in the clinic cause she knew zoe would back out of it, no chrissie had to keep pushing and pushing her into it, SHE is the manipulative one, she even got sharon to come all the way from america just to hear what her dad was really like (that was evil!) chrissie only made zoe get rid of den's baby for her own petty revenge! she knew what den was like with all of his affairs so why stay with him? i can't forget that episode where chrissie took great pleasure in telling den that zoe had miscarried, i even felt a tiny bit sorry for him!. And den was the one who used sharon's infertility against her, HE gave zoe the idea about lying about the pregnancy and HE told her to go and speak to sharon on xmas day, zoe was just the puppet in her and den's relasonship. Zoe hasn't come out of this at all well, she has lost her baby, lost dennis, thinks she has killed den, has made an enemy of chrissie, thinks sam is her friend, and is soon to find out that sharon and dennis are now together. And if sharon and dennis were so in love then why did they keep splitting up? and getting back together again, even before zoe came on the scene, sharon often told dennis that she wasn't interested she has messed him around somehting rotten! and zoe has only ever loved him, she slept with dirty den! was willing to have a baby at such a young age just to keep him. oh and why did someone mention zoe's nastiness to stacey, have you heard some of the things she has said to zoe? stacey is a pure bitch who gets off on peoples unhappiness, she even tried to split up zoe and dennis, and so i dont blame zoe for going mad at her then!

i appreciate the strong opposition though! lol it's good to know loads have different opinions on the whole shannis and zonnis storylines.

Woah, this thread is full of essays! I'm not complaining though, they're really good to read!

Quote Originally Posted by leanne27
    woooahh!!! wish i'd never made the post lol! the reason why i said zoe should get revenge on sharon and dennis is because sharon is so much more older and mature than zoe, and so is dennis, sharon could see that zoe was besotted with dennis, and STILL had her affair with him even though she knew it would ruin most people lives like zoe's, and den's and the rest of the watts family, the only people who would come out happy by it would of been them two! zoe, she was still young and nieve, and in the beginning sharon was very lenient with zoe, by telling dennis to be with her and you know what i didnt see dennis objecting! remember the time when dennis thought andy had hit zoe? and he went over there and punched him, well taht shows how much he cared fo her. and then when he found out that zoe had manipulated him just so she could seek her revenge on andy for her mum kat, well he then invited her to move in with him! it seems to me as though that when dennis discovered what zoe's plan had been (about the andy thing)manipulative he didnt care! so the rest of you shouldn't either (about her been manipulative) chrissie is also a hugely guilty party in the destruction of zoe's life, chrissie knew that zoe deep down wanted her baby, zoe kept on telling chrissie that the slater girls never got rid of their babies, she basically said to her that she didnt want an abortion, chrissie wouldn't even let zoe go fo a walk, whilst they were in the clinic cause she knew zoe would back out of it, no chrissie had to keep pushing and pushing her into it, SHE is the manipulative one, she even got sharon to come all the way from america just to hear what her dad was really like (that was evil!) chrissie only made zoe get rid of den's baby for her own petty revenge! she knew what den was like with all of his affairs so why stay with him? i can't forget that episode where chrissie took great pleasure in telling den that zoe had miscarried, i even felt a tiny bit sorry for him!. And den was the one who used sharon's infertility against her, HE gave zoe the idea about lying about the pregnancy and HE told her to go and speak to sharon on xmas day, zoe was just the puppet in her and den's relasonship. Zoe hasn't come out of this at all well, she has lost her baby, lost dennis, thinks she has killed den, has made an enemy of chrissie, thinks sam is her friend, and is soon to find out that sharon and dennis are now together. And if sharon and dennis were so in love then why did they keep splitting up? and getting back together again, even before zoe came on the scene, sharon often told dennis that she wasn't interested she has messed him around somehting rotten! and zoe has only ever loved him, she slept with dirty den! was willing to have a baby at such a young age just to keep him. oh and why did someone mention zoe's nastiness to stacey, have you heard some of the things she has said to zoe? stacey is a pure bitch who gets off on peoples unhappiness, she even tried to split up zoe and dennis, and so i dont blame zoe for going mad at her then!
    Sharon is older and more mature that Zoe, but Dennis isn't. He is in fact an immature character. I think Sharon knew that it wouldn't ruin her life. At the end of the day, Dennis was not Zoe’s husband and she didn't have his child. It was all a one way relationship so by her pursuing him, she knew that in the long run, Zoe wouldn't lose an enormous amount. Anyway how many times has Zoe been in love now? -Jaimie, Anthony, Ronny, Dennis...

Maybe Sharon and Dennis would have been happy but that didn't mean that it would have been easy for them. There was always that sheer opposition from their family and they did lack a lot of support. The only likely allays they had was Dot and maybe Chrissie on some level but thats about it.

Dennis did object to Zoe massively in the beginiing. He was ignoring her texts told her that it was like a fling. Also he told Zoe in front of her that he thought of Sharon. This was when they were dating. The negative thing that Dennis did was move in with her. That was a mistake and I can see why Zoe would think that he was serious about her. However before that he left her for 5 weeks no word no warning and just up and left. She jumped straight into bed with him with no complaints as soon as he got back. He treated her badly but Zoe's stupidity and patheticness are as much to blame. He has been clear several times.

I won't dispute that Dennis cared for, I genuinely believe that he did, but love her - definitely not. It was obvious that she was second best to Sharon and nothing more than a safe easy option. Dennis went mental at Andy because he did genuinely care for but also livid with Andy as well because they have always had this love/hate relationship. Dennis grew to become fond of Zoe but what that was it. Their relationship was quite flat and very much one sided.

When Dennis invited Zoe to move in with him it wasn’t because she was playing little miss manipulative because of the Kat situation, it was what Andy said. If you remember the scenes when Dennis punched Andy and then calmed down Andy started to harp on about his feelings about Sharon. He said 'It's Sharon you want, everyone knows it, even Zoe must' and then 'tell me you don't think about Sharon when you are in bed with her?' Dennis was very quiet, ignored him and left. When he got home he was staring heavily at the picture of him and Sharon. It was obvious that Andy’s words were influential to his next decision. By him moving her in, it was yet another attempt to forget about Sharon, in a desperate bid that his feelings will go away and by having Zoe around things would get easier.

Chrissie is manipulative but it was Zoe who signed the paper in the end and made that choice. This is what annoys me about Zoe -she never can take responsibility for her own actions. She forces it on others time and time again. It was the same with Den 'you ruined m life'.. 'I hate you' Change the record the old one is getting knackered. Zoe allowed her self to get manipulated and could have pulled out on any time but she didn't because she was desperate to keep Dennis, not thinking about him but herself. Den didn't make her do anything she didn't want to do and just like he said 'you would do anything to get what you wanted.' He was dead right. I hate Den for what he has done, don’t get me wrong but Zoë does bear a lot of responsibility here. She was consumed with what she could gain/lose by doing the deed. Like you've said 'HE told her...' but since when has Zoe been his performing seal? She is her own person and at 21 should be able to make her own choice. When Michelle Fowler got pregnant at 16 by Den, she was minor so I could sympathise with her and she was genuinely lonely. Zoe though is an adult and only though about herself in this.

Sharon and Dennis's main reason for splitting up was because of their family. There is no doubt that they love each other but Den was never going to allow them to be together and eventually Dennis chose family over Sharon and dumped her but he later regretted it when he realised that she was far more important. By then though it was too late because she didn't want to be hurt again so she rejected him which was quite understandable but Sharon never stopped loving Dennis and visa versa. However, yet again their feelings caved in which was naturally going to happen considering how deeply they felt for each other. What Sharon and Dennis have/had is real. They have been through hell and back and the leaving scenes at Christmas showed how torn they were about letting each other go. I don't even think that Zoe loved Dennis. I saw it more of a teenage infatuation that turned really obsessive. Zoe never slept with Den because she loved Dennis but merely so she could keep him. Sharon on the other hand let the man she loved go he could be a father. She thought about the welfare of his unborn child. That’s something that Zoe could never do -love someone enough to let them go.

Stacey has been horrible to Zoe and she can be a right bitch but half the stuff she comes out with is spot on. I’m glad someone in the square can see past her 'princess' and 'I'm so innocent ways'

Ooops, wrote an essay again! Kind of used to it now!
    Last edited by Alisha; 29-05-2005 at 19:57.

Thread Information